Episode 4

Reginald

Reaction score
I made a Wikipedia page on HL2: Episode 4 and they're threatening deletion unless I can provide some truth that it exists. So if anyone could help me find the interview that it was revealed in, could you either tell me, or edit the information in yourself.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Half-Life_2:_Episode_4

Cheers.
I've found confirmation in my latest issue of PCG but I'm not sure I could show that.

Just change the name, the non-valve expansion will have nothing to do with episodes 1-3 (so to speak), so won't be called Episode Anything.

Looking for evidence now

EDIT: Arg, im finding nothing!

I know it's not called Episode 4, but I can't think of anything else to change it to.

I think they said it'll depend on the first two Episodes success. if thats help....

DigiQ8 said:
I think they said it'll depend on the first two Episodes success. if thats help....

Hmm... well I can add that information although I'm just pouring over every Valve interview I can find trying to find the bit that includes Episode 4.

I hope Adrian Shepherd returns, I mean sure Gman has lost control Gordon but he still has Adrian right? :p

I think it will definitly be shepard. He is the only other one who has been put into stasis (that we know of)

DigiQ8 said:

No, they said it was being developed outside of Valve. If Shephard returns, I'll pour beans over my head. Hold me to this.

? :O How so? Oh because you thought it was a real video? Sorry don't mean to piss anyone off here.

I hope the the future episodes, after they stop following gordon, will start to flesh out the rest of c17 by following barney and other resistance fighters. The more of the HL2 universe we get to see first had the more compelling it becomes.

Well it is mentioned in PCGAMER UK, June 2006, Page 10

If they think its bogus, at least you have a reference. This will give you some more time to pick up more info...

PCGAMER UK editor said:
Chances are that valve will stick with the FPS format for episode 4, and that'll slot into the HL2 story, either as as a prequel or concurrent story. One of their long term collaborators, Turtle Rock Studios, recently announced they were working on a Source-Based.

DEATH eVADER said:
Well it is mentioned in PCGAMER UK, June 2006, Page 10

If they think its bogus, at least you have a reference. This will give you some more time to pick up more info...

I have already referenced that. I don't think they will take it as fact though.

I'ts not Turtle rock - they are developing their own universe, which was quite clear in their official statement.

Samon said:
No, they said it was being developed outside of Valve. If Shephard returns, I'll pour beans over my head. Hold me to this.

I can get some cheap beans...we can boil them and pour them over your head nice and hot....except I don't think Shephard will return either.

Reginald said:
I have already referenced that. I don't think they will take it as fact though.

You've already reference it on the site? because I don't see it

Samon said:
No, they said it was being developed outside of Valve.
Do you think Ritual would be doing it? But I know they are working on Sin episodes so maybe not.

DEATH eVADER said:
You've already reference it on the site? because I don't see it

In the Discussion section of the Article.

Asus said:
Do you think Ritual would be doing it? But I know they are working on Sin episodes so maybe not.

Nah, they've got Sin eps on their plate.

I'm guessing it's either Gearbox, who've already said they've other projects in the work (though I hope it's not, because that means Shephard) or Warren Spector.

I swear, completly swear I read triligy series...

there we go:

http://www.steampowered.com/index.php?area=news&id=643

The first in a trilogy of episodic games, Episode One reveals the aftermath of Half-Life 2 and launches a journey beyond City 17. Episode One does not require Half-Life 2 to play and also includes a first look at Episode Two, which will ship by year's end.

So, conflicting reviews - thats enough to get you started for a topic on wiki :D

Enjoy!

Robinb

Samon said:

thats going in my sig Muahahahah!

Back