Episode three at E3 2012 (speculations)

mrhairspary

Hunter
Reaction score
Hello.

"We are not announcing anything at E3. Really. We are not announcing Half-Life 3 or Portal 3 or Left 4 Dead 3. We are going to be showing stuff everyone already knows about (CS:Go, Dota 2, 10' UI, ...)"

I'm wondering what these dots in the end stands for. Usually according to me three dots equals etc which means that there are more things than just CS:GO, dota 2 10'UI.

I think it's a hidden message. According to Gabe himself, there will be no new announcements but isn't Episode Three already announced ? And from what i know, there has not been any official statements that valve has left the episodic content. Only from a guy who posted some information on steam forums. (I'm not sure but i think that valve confirmed this post on steam forums to be fake)

And a friend to me said something that really surprised me. There are 3 dots = Episode (Three) maybe? Why is Gabe using dots instead of just writing etc? And if the dots didn't mean anything, why is gabe using a coma between 10' UI and the dots?

Please comment!

And one more thing. This may be the most desperate speculation I have but Valve doesn't usually (announce) things at E3. They usually show off the games that they announced before E3, at E3! like portal 2 for an example.

I'm sorry mrhairspary. I am so sorry.

Don't judge them too harshly when they get here.. its a sensitive time.

Hello.

"We are not announcing anything at E3. Really. We are not announcing Half-Life 3 or Portal 3 or Left 4 Dead 3. We are going to be showing stuff everyone already knows about (CS:Go, Dota 2, 10' UI, ...)"

I'm wondering what these dots in the end stands for. Usually according to me three dots equals etc which means that there are more things than just CS:GO, dota 2 10'UI.

I think it's a hidden message. According to Gabe himself, there will be no new announcements but isn't Episode Three already announced ? And from what i know, there has not been any official statements that valve has left the episodic content. Only from a guy who posted some information on steam forums. (I'm not sure but i think that valve confirmed this post on steam forums to be fake)

And a friend to me said something that really surprised me. There are 3 dots = Episode (Three) maybe? Why is Gabe using dots instead of just writing etc? And if the dots didn't mean anything, why is gabe using a coma between 10' UI and the dots?

Please comment!
As much as I'd like this to be true, it's incredibly unlikely. Prepare for the worst, and if that's wrong it'll be an even happier occasion!

I'm sorry mrhairspary. I am so sorry.

Don't judge them too harshly when they get here.. its a sensitive time.

Well, I still believe there's a chance that valve is going to reveal something about episode 3. Last time i heard something about episode 3 was last year in December when a magazine interview a man that worked as a voice actor. He claimed that he was recording some lines for half life 2 episode 3.

As much as I'd like this to be true, it's incredibly unlikely. Prepare for the worst, and if that's wrong it'll be an even happier occasion!

You should read this article. http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/po...umors-valve-voice-actor-working-on-the-title/

"However, since he's recording the dialogue in the first place that might mean that Valve may be close to finishing the game, as dialogue is generally recorded in the later parts of a development cycle. Who knows? "

This may be the only evidence that i could use to claim that my speculations are true. And, when Valve said that they we're going to attend at E3 this year, some animations were found in the portal 2 directory. Though, these animations were deleted. And these animations were used for the character Magnusson.

Those are old animations, actually. At least a few years.

And that rumor is just that... A rumor. And we know how those usually turn out.

you are looking too much into it man ... I mean, it's just dots . Don't get your hopes up or you wil be disappointed.

you are looking too much into it man ... I mean, it's just dots . Don't get your hopes up or you wil be disappointed.

There is a possibility that these dots could represent something, especially when there is a coma in front of them.

This is still better than the HL3 knuckles thing.

There are 3 dots = Episode (Three) maybe?
tTHqT.gif

Offcourse the announcement maybe built into the Perpetual Testing Initiative being released on 8th may. The reason I said it is because Cave Johnson in the trailer confirms a multiverse full of Earths, and not all of them are ruled by Humans (One is ruled by Octipi and one is in perpertual darkness and ruled by Ants). Also each Earth, or Universe, has been assigned a number in the trailer. What if the contact code that you and Alyx were transporting to White Forest was in fact the number of the Earth that the Advisors rule?

The Portal Storms allowed the Combine to invade, but my guess is the Combine were pissed that we conned them and stole their plans.

I found a twig on my porch that looks like a lambada. HL3 totally gonna be announced at E3.

Oh ffs. My mind was in the middle of some intervention studies for final I had today when I wrote that.

Anyway, damn look at that body.

I lost all hope long time ago and no, we won't see any HL2e3 at E3 or any time soon, I expect to have wife and children and and no time for myself and life when they if ever launch that cursed game.

Valve is showing CS:GO at E3 at the Microsoft and Sony booths, while they show a little of Dota2 elsewhere. Not to mention the 10" UI which will most likely be shown behind closed doors.

No Episode 3. No Half-Life 3. End of Thread.

Meanwhile, at Valve Headquarters :

Gabe_Trollface.jpg

In my opinion, Half-life as a series has only a limited time left where it will still be a huge financial success, there's only so many generation gaps between instalments you can have without alienating lots of younger players from the full storyline/experience.
I think valve might be brewing up something other than a Half-life game that could be just as awesome... but different. That being said, everyone will need closure to the HL universe before it's too late!

I've seen people claiming everyone's just about to get sick of waiting for Half-Life if Valve doesn't announce something RIGHT NOW since 2008. Forgive me Neptune if I don't find you convincing.

I kinda have a feeling that EP3 will be the last HL for a LONG time. I know they said that HL3 is "confirmed," but i highly doubt an idea is in the chute for a sequel. So EP3 is probably going to be a HUGE release, either in an orange box esque release or a 20 hour campaign with multiplayer.

Ah who am I kidding, I'm starting to feel EP3 will be like Duke Nukem forever. At least valve's other releases are pretty good.

And sorry this is a double post, but i recall they said they weren't going to show anything at E3 prior to the Portal 2 announcement. Can anybody confirm. If this is true then maybe valve is lying and will have another surprise showcase. Again I'm having my hopes up.

Don't. They aren't showing anything that hasn't already been announced (i.e. 10' UI, DOTA 2, and CS:GO).

That's not what I heard.

Oh? So what did you heard?! And you're all wrong, according to G4, Half-Life 3: Episode 3 is being announced. I couldn't find a link to the page so just take my word for it.

Oh? So what did you heard?! And you're all wrong, according to G4, Half-Life 3: Episode 3 is being announced. I couldn't find a link to the page so just take my word for it.

If they stated this, don't you think it would be easy to find a link to that?

Back