Episode Two - Price Details Emerge

-smash-

Content Director
Reaction score
The names of the packages you should be aware of by now. But what we have really been waiting for was the price, and IGN.comhttp://pc.ign.com/articles/755/755915p1.html has published those details on both of the Episode Two bundles that will be available upon the games release.[br]The "Black Box," available only for the PC platform, will contain Half-Life 2: Episode Two, Portal and Team Fortress 2 at a retail price of $39.99. The "Orange Box" will be available for the PC, X360 and PS3, and will contain Half-Life 2, Half-Life 2: Episode One & Two, Portal and Team Fortress 2. Retail price: $59.99.[br]Remember, as per usual, all of these titles will be available individually through Steam's a la carte system as well. Of course, this means you won't be owning a bright orange or dull black box if you decide on going this route.[br]Thanks, IGN.comhttp://pc.ign.com/articles/755/755915p1.html!

meh....what can I say,I have to get it no matter how much it costs.

Yeah, it's Half-Life, I don't care about the price...

Bargain. Black Box will be pre-ordered as soon as the opportunity presents.

I care about the price. I won't pay too much for something no matter how good it is but $40 seems pretty fair. It's packaged as we foresaw months ago.

$40 is a great deal for all of those games imo

No reason to get the Orange Box unless you want it for 360 or PS3 as I'm sure everyone has HL2 and EP1 by now.

$40 is a very reasonable price. I'll be happy to pay it.

Bleh, how many Aussie dollars is that then? Valve tends to set a different price than the normal conversion rate >_>

I estimated this price on the steam forums some time ago so this comes as no surprise, reasonable price for great games. I'd probably pay $40 for TF2 alone. $51 AUD conversion so maybe $59-69 retail AUD price, more likely 59 since HL2 was very competitively priced with Steam when released.

Very nice, I'll be getting the black box package. But I want to see how these games will play/look on the 360 though...I'll have to convince a friend to rent it or something as I don't have one.

And for people who don't want Portal and/or TF2?? They shouldn't shove stuff down our throats.

And for people who don't want Portal and/or TF2?? They shouldn't shove stuff down our throats.
Then they can buy it off Steam. I expect there will be individual game listings available on Steam when the time comes; these are just the retail packages after all.

When HL2 retail was released, I don't recall many people complaining about CS:S being bundled even if they weren't going to play it. We'll see though, maybe more retail versions will appear in the future.

The price is pretty good for the package, but I only really want EP2 & Portal. But individually, the two are probably gonna cost almost as much as the whole lot... that's how they get you eh...

What a great deal, that to me seems underpriced considering what this package is offering, I'm hugely impressed and I think I'll get the black box instead of the buying through Steam. :D

Good. And what are those pricing I am most interested in. How are they going to divy the three titles to $39.99.

Ep2: 19.99/Portal: 9.99/TF2: 9.99?

Hectic said:
What a great deal, that to me seems underpriced considering what this package is offering, I'm hugely impressed and I think I'll get the black box instead of the buying through Steam.
*cough Valve plant *cough*

I really hope they have bots for TF2. I'm really tired of these multiplayer FPS without a bot option. The AI doesn't have to be super advanced, I just want something to practice against or just let off some steam.

40 bucks for three games!?

that's a fookin bargain
cheap,very cheap

Javert said:

Why would you not want Portal and TF2?! Your mad.

The orange box is a fantastic bargain.
Black box isn't exactly a bargain, but it's still well-worth it and one of the most exciting releases for a long time.

Wow I'm surprised! I thought people would be bitching lol. Most games cost $60 with multiplayer but this is like 3 full games for $40. $60 for 5 games for the orange package. It completely makes sense and we will probably get it for less by pre-ordering through Steam. :D

A bit expensive for me.

Have to spend time persuading parents again... sigh.

Sizing it all up with Episode 1, seems fair enough (1 mid-sized episode, 1 small sidestory, 1 multiplayer game we've waited nearly a decade for versus 1 small episode, and a bunch of little things most people already have and won't play anyway). I expect it will retail for full price in the UK though, because EA suck one.

edit: Just a little over ?20 for the Steam version. I'm Sold.

I predicted correct.

Going to get both, the Black and orange box. So i can play Half-Life games on a 60'' :")

Btw with the prices getting released, i can feel a closer launch!!!!!

Good price, I thought it would be a little less but I'll still get it (it is half-life after all).

I don't get why people complain. 20 quid is not expensive in this country for 3 games. :O I would probably spend 20 on episode 2 alone. But I guess that as stuff is more expensive in the UK anyway...

Bummer.... the only reason that I am going to get it is for Episode 2, portal looked cool and all, but it also looked like it would get old after like an hour. So I don't really want to buy it :-P. Which sucks because I will be paying 40$ for only like 4 or 5 hours of game play >_<. Ah well, I will wait a while after the game comes out, maybe they will sell it as a stand alone

they will seell it individual like the op says.

i think ill wait till ep 3 comes out, and they offer a different package deal

Most Half-Life players are ether extremely poor. Or are ****ing idiots..

Your complaining about these prices your plain out retarded.

****ing pissed off now.

Ahhh no worries, we'll put our money where our mouth is and keep supporting Valve that way :) Feels much better!

Javert, how dare you accuse me of being a plant, that reflects my opinions directly and I've not been paid a penny. ;)

Ahhh no worries, we'll put our money where our mouth is and keep supporting Valve that way :) Feels much better!

Javert, how dare you accuse me of being a plant, that reflects my opinions directly and I've not been paid a penny. ;)

Indeed all money to Steam!

>.>
<.<

I mean Valve!

They best do 10% off on pre-orders

Back