Epsiode 2 lagging behind...

Omnomnick

Retired Lead Content Creator
Staff member
Reaction score
Anyone know any reason why episode 2 is last for pre-load because I've got TF2, great game, and I'm downloading portal as I type. And we know the Orange Box has gone gold, so it's ready....so is it just like there bringing them out on different days so in full they download faster?

because, they don't want some jackasses screwing around with their gcfs and letting out some important pictures or information on their most major game in the orange box.

The GCFs are encrypted with a 128bit-32Char Alphanumeric Combination, it is very unlikely someone could crack it before it is released unless they had a super computer or something.

The GCFs are encrypted with a 128bit-32Char Alphanumeric Combination, it is very unlikely someone could crack it before it is released unless they had a super computer or something.

Then how did people find out info from the Portal GCFs within seconds of it being preloaded?

Episode 2 will be ready to preload when they want it to be..

Be patient. Now it really can't be more than a few days...

I bet it is pre loading right now, or has already finished. VALVe just don't want people to know.

maybe because it would take up alot of bandwidth having both available for preload at the same time.

maybe because it would take up alot of bandwidth having both available for preload at the same time.

Exactly my thoughts. Give Valve a couple of days and EP2 should be ready to be pre-loaded.

Its now pre-loadable, if that is even a word...but I think they just saved the best for last ;)

Back