Error when opening Gmod 9

C

Chris246

Hi
Can anyone help please. I click on Launch in the Steam window to start Garry's Mod 9 as usual, it says preparing to launch and then comes up with the following message;
titled Engine Error. MountFileSystem(242) failed: SteamMountFilesystem(1116,242,0x12fofc74=,0x12f0fd74_ failed with error 116: Cache needs repair.
Does anyone know what this means and how to fix the problem so I can access Gmod again. I have tried uninstalling Gmod and reinstalling but that doesn't work. Is it a bug or something to do with Gmod 9, does anyone recommend Gmod 10, I understand its bug free. Half Life 2 and Lost Coast and other Mods still work fine.

Cheers for any help

ok chris very good i had that same problem now but mine said needs decripting and when i bought race wtcc it fixed it but do you need decripting or repairs ? it can also be from a mod that gave you a virus that probly ****ed you over very good see i run gmod 10 now so
i got ride of 9 but check the init folder for any viruses

Cheers for the advice, much appreciated. Yesterday I downloaded Gmod 10 as well, so hopefully there will not be as many bugs and stuff.

I got the error MounstFilesystem( 212 ) faild: SteamMountsystem(3084,212,0x1337fc74=0x1337fd74) failed with error 116: Cache needs repair
ty for help :)

I get
MountFilesystem( 242 ) failed: SteamMountFilesystem(1620,242,0x1154fc74) failed with error 201: Cannot perform this operation while offline

Then when in online mode I get:
MountFilesystem( 242 ) failed: SteamMountFilesystem(2528,242,0x150efc74) failed with error 106: Failed to resize the cache file

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

GMod 10 is not free, correct?
:cheers: Lloydo

All I can think of is verifying your cache files.

Right click Half-Life 2 > Properties > Local Files tab > Verify Integrity of game cache.

You might have to do this with other games like HL2 Deathmatch, CSS, and whatever else if it still doesnt work.

Dunno really :(

I have this error: (for v9)
error242yc3.png

Half-Life two or one?

Half-Life 2; that question mark character was supposed to be a superscript 2...

Just tried GMod9 again, got a slightly different error:

MountFilesystem( 242 ) failed: SteamMountFilesystem(3472,242,0x16b2fc74=0x16b2fd41) failed with error 106: Failed to resize the cache file

I have no idea what my error means... could someone please help!?

error242yc3.png

My error is that "This game is unavaible.Please try again another time :S

My G-Mod 9 does'nt even connect to steam :\ I can't find servers nor open freinds list while online.

Where to get g mod 10

Hey i was wondering you guys said that you just downloaded g mod 10 and dumped 9 and ive been searching for gmod 10 can you guys tell me where to buy it at? because i can't find it on steam and i want somewhere reliable for giving them $10 for it and me accualy getting it and being able to play it so when you guys can replay that would be awsome thanks!:E

Install Steam by going to www.steampowered.com and going to the Steam Shop window and buying it, the link above is the same thing but without going through the Steam client. I can confirm that is the legitimate and safe way to purchase Garry's mod.

I can't really make out what any of you said ('cept for glenny) but Counter-Strike: Source is required for Garry's Mod 9.This is why you get the mount error.

I would suggest purchasing Garry's Mod 10, but remember you need to own Source engine game to play it. View the full list here.

I had same problem but xj9 or something like that were difrent .i managed to fix it whit some steps>i tough it will not work but i was wrong !.

Here are steps >1) download steam source sdk base 2007 (from steam tools section of course ).
>2)copy it files from where its folder is in steam (steamapps>YOUR ACCOUNT NAME>source sdk base>files )
>3) paste those files in your game folder .
>4)it should work now.

I am not some Geek,so i cant answer most questions,i can script only in Roblox LUA .:(

Back