Eurasian Union

Reaction score
Putin's new project. This is popping up all over the web and news lately. Interesting global development. USSR redux sans communism. I wonder how aggressive this block will be in world affairs. We'll see how they grow.

Putin says ""It would be naive to attempt to restore or copy something from the past. However, a stronger integration on a new political and economic basis and a new system of values is an imperative of our era" when saying how it won't resemble the USSR. That doesn't necessarily mean it'll be different in behavior or member states.

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/russias-putin-says-wants-build-eurasian-union-222139037.html

From the Article said:
Russia's Prime Minister Vladimir Putin said he wants to bring ex-Soviet states into a "Eurasian Union" in an article which outlined his first foreign policy initiative as he prepares to return to the Kremlin as the country's next president.

The most he could hope for to join voluntarily is Belarus and maybe the two new tiny states that recently separated from Georgia. Everyone else in Eastern Europe and Central Asia hate Russia's guts.

The most he could hope for to join voluntarily is Belarus and maybe the two new tiny states that recently separated from Georgia. Everyone else in Eastern Europe and Central Asia hate Russia's guts.

he just need to find some way some way to bring his puppets-I mean candidates to win the elections whatever, and done,ussr 2.0

Everyone else in Eastern Europe and Central Asia hate Russia's guts.

Exactly. Is Putin high? Does he really think former soviet states will join willingly into his fantasy union?
Not to mention that a part of the former soviet states are members of both the EU and NATO. Like my country.

Putin is a crook.On RT they even openly discuss how Russia is not ready for a true Democracy so all the shit he and his party pull is justified by that.

Well, Russia wants to expand its influence again. Too bad that European continent has hated Russia for the past few centuries.

Although this might be an interesting development if NATO ever shows signs of collapse.

I for one welcome our new Eurasian overlords.

In Soviet Russia, the USSR annexes you.

Kazakhstan would join such a union, since they proposed such a thing back in 1994. Also Kyrgyzstan's new government is pro-Russian and would willingly join. The eastern half of Ukraine is far more pro-Russian than it is pro-west, so if joining the union was put up to a vote and all you need a is a majority, then it is also possible for Ukraine to join as well.

Back