EVE Online

Wow, first time I watched that video I couldn't help by thinking "Man, that TheMittani guy looks like a complete douche."

Looking him up, it seems I was right, tweeting that people who disagree with him should kill themselves, asking people "You mad?" and giving the feelings of a general narcissist with an extremely bloated ego.

And this is the guy the majority wanted representing the community? Does that mean he's also representative for the majority of the community as well?

Back when I was playing EVE for a few months back in 2005 I only ever ran into helpful and nice people generally, so I was kinda surprised at what a douche this guy seems to be.

Wow, first time I watched that video I couldn't help by thinking "Man, that TheMittani guy looks like a complete douche."

Looking him up, it seems I was right, tweeting that people who disagree with him should kill themselves, asking people "You mad?" and giving the feelings of a general narcissist with an extremely bloated ego.

And this is the guy the majority wanted representing the community? Does that mean he's also representative for the majority of the community as well?

Back when I was playing EVE for a few months back in 2005 I only ever ran into helpful and nice people generally, so I was kinda surprised at what a douche this guy seems to be.

He's the leader of the EVE Goons, and was elected by their bloc voting. He's fairly representative of them.

It is but at the same time it's kind cool. Too bad situations like that are so ridiculiciously rare if you're an average joe.

Yeah... I guess you could be zoomed in but you couldn't see shit with all the shit flying around. Plus you'd be lagged so much you'd be dead before you knew you what was going on...

Er the fights in that video are actually relatively small and would be quite lag-free, possibly even on non-reinforced node. Doesn't look like it'd even be 100v100.

So does anyone know CCP's next big goal? Anything to look forward to in the next year?

Er the fights in that video are actually relatively small and would be quite lag-free, possibly even on non-reinforced node. Doesn't look like it'd even be 100v100.

But they literally tore them to SHREDZ.

damn eve trailers. Always make me and to start playing again :p

Resubbed, because they had a two months for the price of one Christmas deal.

To be fair, I've flown with the Goons a few times, and it's a blast. What they do in corporate isn't my concern, but I'm having loads of fun in the TEST Please Ignore alliance (Dreddit corp)

Going to work on my other (gallente) character for the next two months mostly. I want to invest time into researching into different exploration paths. I don't expect this character to get a lot of isk, but I eventually want to probe shit, find wormholes, cloak into dangerous areas, and get blown up in nullsec. I don't really care about about dying a lot, or how lucrative it is, but after doing a lot of research (reading) last night it sounds like this sort of path is a lot of fun if you're okay getting ****ed over a lot. Which I am, because this isn't my main character.

Sounds fun. My alt used to probe but also flew a guardian. You could solo pretty much any plex but it could take a wile, always the risk of getting probed out and ****ered. Fitting cloak useally helped :)

Kind of addicted right now because I finally realized the best way to play EVE is while multitasking. I cleaned the house and did errands all while running missions casually in EVE ;)

OYtTw.jpeg

Does anyone have any experience with Electronic Warfare?

I am thinking about just transferring all my stuff from my early Logistics character to my "Explorer" Character so I can focus in Electronic Warfare.

My reason is this, the more I read the more people say Logistics is a bad idea, because tanking/support doesn't really work in EVE like it does in other games. All it means is that they just rip through the Logistics Pilot first (which I hear is really easy) and get on with the show. I've read that investing in Electronic Warfare is a better way to operate as a "support" class or a class that doesn't focus on straight offense.

My explorer character already has a lot invested in electronics, and I am on my way to training covert ops, so I am thinking this might be a better option for me.

The blackbird is a terrible terrible thing, but again, they're primaried first. The only difference is that you'll be about 70km away. Doesn't make much difference against alpha fleets or the new BCs though.

Though, if you're interested in PVE, logistics are always welcome in Incursions.

Hmm, well, I'll be honest, I am moderately interested in Ninja salvaging (AKA sneaking in and stealing stuff from mission runners) since I am explorer focused anyways; in order to Ninja salvage you need to be good at scanning. So... if I ever get to that point where I feel like I can scan down shit really well, I might consider Ninja salvaging as future "job".

I've been reading a lot about people who do it for a living in the Eve universe, and while they sound like the most hated and scummy players in the game... it sounds like a shit load of fun. :x
Not interested in ganking or killing players unless I have to, which is why I am kind of interested in Electronic Warfare, so I could mess with their stuff to allow an escape.

http://www.eveonline.com/ingameboard.asp?a=topic&threadID=733552

If you want to do that, then go get yourself a blackbird and point and jam the MR if they aggro you.

And what's your name in game?

Back