Everyday Shooter on Steam

Evo

Tank
Reaction score
Everyday Shooter is the latest addition to the Steam catalogue for a first week price of $8.99 before selling at $9.99 thereafter. Everyday Shooter has won numerous awards at the Independent Games Festival including Design Innovation.[br]
Everyday Shooter is an album of games exploring the expressive power of abstract shooters. Dissolute sounds of destruction are replaced with guitar riffs harmonizing over an all-guitar soundtrack, while modulating shapes celebrate the flowing beauty of geometry.[br]Play through different levels each with a completely unique musical, graphical, and gameplay style. Shoot to trigger musical sounds and riffs that combine to form the final soundscape of the game. Use points earned in the game to unlock extra lives, shuffle mode, and different visual filters.
In other Steam news Portal - First Slice is now available to everyone for free, this is a demo of the stunning Portal. Finally the Steam store has gone had a big facelift, restart Steam to check it out.

The basic idea sounds interesting, but the screenshots are a bit confusing. Having not played the game it's hard to understand what's going on in them.

Why does Steam need to be restarted for the new Steam store to be viewed?

Sounds interesting. Thoughts from anyone who has tried it? I wish there was a demo.

yeah I've had it on ps3 for a long while now..

the game is interesting, it's kind of like an everyday shooter but every level has a different way to set off a chain/combo and if you dont figure it out you're completely screwed..

the game can get really hard, but it's really interesting..

the one gripe I have with the game is that the firing is 8-direction, not analog 360

The kid who originally made this game played the guitar for it. He openly doesn't know how to play guitar, and boy, oh boy, the audio is painful. When you shoot stuff or collect points, it's basically the same two or three little notes laid over the top of a boring riff. Oh, and it doesn't fit into a tempo at all, so it's just an ugly sound after a while, it doesn't even go with the background music. There's nothing procedural about the music in this game by any stretch.

The kid who originally made this game played the guitar for it. He openly doesn't know how to play guitar, and boy, oh boy, the audio is painful. When you shoot stuff or collect points, it's basically the same two or three little notes laid over the top of a boring riff. Oh, and it doesn't fit into a tempo at all, so it's just an ugly sound after a while, it doesn't even go with the background music. There's nothing procedural about the music in this game by any stretch.

That's a bit odd. If you try out his RTS, Gate 88, (it's free) it's got some great tracks. What happened?

Heck, I deleted Gate 88 years ago (too hard) but I still have the soundtracks!

Well the thing is, I can't see any thought put into it at all. He takes a chord or two, plays them, or plucks a few notes from them. It's pretty boring and while it makes for okay background music, I was hoping for so much more. The fact that the audio sounds like a line in recording on a computer doesn't help that either. I applaud the creator for having a cool idea but in my opinion it did not come out the way I was hoping it would. I think more time should have been spent programming a way to layer the guitar tracks and notes to fit within certain scales with pitches, bringing forth a dynamic way to make the song. For example, string a certain combo and a introduce a new layer of music, which in turn changes the way it sounds when you kill other certain types of bad guys, etc.

Back