Evil Alyx *spoilers*

theholygod

Reaction score
Ok, there are now two ways for alyx to go:

1) completely quiet and secluded
2) hellbent on getting revenge

Personally, i think she's going to become the latter and make some really wreckless decisions in episode 3, ultimately getting herself killed?

Well, at least we get to kill some advisors, thats an inevitability :D

I wouldn't say hellbent, more like highly motivated with little remorse. Even sounds like G-man training when you think about it.

Elis last words was that they had to destroy Borealis, this will be Alyx to priority.

I don't think she'll die. Alyx and Gordon will probably "get busy" in the end and make some mini-Gordons and Alyxes ;)

"Gather around kids, and i'll tell you a story of how i killed a gargantua with a crowbar"

"no! we want to hear mummy's story again when she almost died"

I really cant see Gordon getting a quiet and normal life. G-man probably has to die to make that even possible.

I really cant see Gordon getting a quiet and normal life. G-man probably has to die to make that even possible.

No.. nothing suggested that the g-man is a heartless bastard. He has his own motives, but I actually starting to think that he has our best interest although he gave us an offer we cannot refuse and he brought the crystal to the test chamber that day.

Alyx might take revenge eventually, but as someone said earlier, she'll probably do her father's last wish (destroy the Borealis) before doing anything rash.

I bet Valve will play off tension between Alyx and Gordon in EP3. Sent to the artic, whatever we find out what the Borealis I am sure Kliener will have persuasive reasons on why to use it against the combine while Alyx will want you to destroy it since that is what Eli told her to do.

I said somewhere earlier that she'll probably end up sacrificing herself to destroy the ship, unless the G-Man is still able to save her. If that happens, she may well make appearances in later installments.

In either case, the death of her father will undoubtedly have a huge impact on her personality. Gone will be the happy, cheerful, and positive Alyx we got to know. Now she will be cold, determined, sarcastic, and perhaps even a bit cruel. Yet her feelings for Gordon, the only person she truly cares for that's left in the world, will not be diminished.

In short, her personality will be more like the original Alyx before they decided to make her the way she was up to Episode Two.

I don't think she'll die. Alyx and Gordon will probably "get busy" in the end and make some mini-Gordons and Alyxes ;)

Oh yea and I'm not talking about closing the door and hearing some suggestive sounds. I want to bend that bitch over and give it to her the right way! She's hot!

I'm thinkin' she stays behind with Kleiner and you have to go it alone. And this won't happen, but it'd be the most realistic and, honestly, it'd be kind of cool to have some solidarity for a while, as it increases the tension about a million-fold (which is useful because I doubt the Borealis will have headcrabs/zombies to terrorize you).

To be honest i think the last thing Alyx wants to do right after her dad gets killed is sit around in a missile silo with scientists. She wants to get out there and kick some serious combine ass.

Highly doubt that. Alyx watches her father get his brains sucked out and she's going to play housewife? That would be entirely out of character, and pretty effin' lame IMO.

Not saying you won't get separated at some point, but I'm certain she'll be there with you when the credits roll (I'm of the opinion that she won't die at the end of the story arc).

She's always been a fairly emotional character though. I wonder if even her can continue fight after watching her dad get his brains sucked out. It sure as hell is going to be an awkward flight to the Borealis.

Gordon: ...
Alyx: ...
Gordon: ...
Alyx: WAAAARGH MY DAD IS DEAD D:

Would be a very interesting journey that actually.

Seeing her beloved farther killed in one of the worse ways possible right in front of you will severely scar anyone for life. But once gets over the initial shocks, take it as red that she will wanna kill every Combine she comes across. Would be very interesting in EP3 is Valve play the run though of diffirent emotions and experiances she goes through, maybe even once lashes out at Gordon in sheer anger, probably not thinking clearly blames him for not doing anything.

Man I REALLY want EP3 now lol. Although hopefully wont take as long as this instalement did.

I said somewhere earlier that she'll probably end up sacrificing herself to destroy the ship, unless the G-Man is still able to save her. If that happens, she may well make appearances in later installments.

In either case, the death of her father will undoubtedly have a huge impact on her personality. Gone will be the happy, cheerful, and positive Alyx we got to know. Now she will be cold, determined, sarcastic, and perhaps even a bit cruel. Yet her feelings for Gordon, the only person she truly cares for that's left in the world, will not be diminished.

In short, her personality will be more like the original Alyx before they decided to make her the way she was up to Episode Two.

Ugh, I REALLY hope Valve doesn't resort to the "sacrifice to save humanity" shtick.

About Gordon and Alyx's relationship, I think you summed it up perfectly leib. I'm really looking forward to seeing how it evolves in Episode Three.

Have valve actually said anything about a release data for ep3? it's killing me already.

No, only that they have already started work on it a few months back I think. Without the drag factor of TF2 (****ing worth it though :D) it should only be months before EP3 comes out..

I hope..

No, only that they have already started work on it a few months back I think. Without the drag factor of TF2 (****ing worth it though :D) it should only be months before EP3 comes out..

I hope..

Thank god for that.

TF2 is brilliant, but i'm waiting for portal and ep2's fun to wear off before i play it properly.

I would not think that Alyx will wuss out and leave you behind to mourn her father. However, there may be a certainty that massive anger towards the Combine will cloud her judgement considerably.

At any rate, I hope VALVe doesn't have Alyx acting normal throughout EP3. It would be almost impossible for her to do so seeing her dad die the way he did.

Yeah like instead of having her just smile back at ya when you look her in the coop bits, you could be constantly looking away with a miserable look on her face or something. Man if Valve can conquer this transformation in character and convey it perfectly, they have once again taken a further step into character inovation and transformation that other developers would only dream of acomplishing.

Now, after Vortigaunts healing, you know, the one where "We weave the Freeman's life with hers." and "Almost vortal, this bond between you..." I doubt that Valve can kill Alyx this easily. They will continue to bring out other dimensions of her personality, but I am sure they won't kill her off.

I think Valve will throw us. Alyx will not die at the end of Ep3.. Gordon will. That'd suck for her.

Highly doubt that. Alyx watches her father get his brains sucked out and she's going to play housewife? That would be entirely out of character, and pretty effin' lame IMO.

Not saying you won't get separated at some point, but I'm certain she'll be there with you when the credits roll (I'm of the opinion that she won't die at the end of the story arc).

I don't think she's going to die either. I think her character still has enough life left to keep her around after Episode Three, should they decide to continue the series. Besides, it would be far too cliched and predictable to kill her off anyway. She would be the most obvious choice, given the fact that the player has by this time developed a far more personal and close relationship with her than any other character. The G-Man's special interest in her will also have significant bearing on her fate. Valve will almost certainly throw us a curveball in Episode Three.

The Advisor sucked out Elis brain, do the combine know everything about the resistance now?

I wouldn't treat the brain-sucking as anything more than mere sustenance for the advisors. I don't believe at all that doing so absorbs the victim's knowledge. The Combine still need to rely on interrogation and physical torture, as evidenced by the dead vortigaunt in Nova Prospekt back in HL2.

Besides, I find the idea to be preposterous, even though this is a sci-fi game. Simply puncturing the skull would have destroyed the brain in the process and I highly doubt you'd be able to absorb any information from a destroyed mass of tissue.

Exactly, knowledge is generated by a fully functioning brain, kill it, you kill the knowledge. They are basically sucking up a dead organ.

Yes I agree, and I dont think the Combine know more about the human brain than the humans. Because if we cant get info out of a living or dead brain, how should they be able to do it?

But I think advisors get more out of it than just a kill, maybe they really like human brains!

Well, supporting my "breen getting revenge as a potato slug" theory, the advisor seemed to:

a) select its target pretty specifically (it could have killed THE Gordon Freeman)
b) ignore the possibility of capturing eli for interrogation

Highly unlikely.

Eli was the closest so he was naturally the first victim, and if it was Breen he would have known capturing Eli would be a lot more benefiticial than just killing him.

Eli was only closest because the advisor pushed Alyx and Gordon away from him.

Maybe Breen doesnt need to interrogate Eli? Breen definately knew of the Gman.

This is what I love about Valve's story telling prowse. It just excites you for more!

I do think there will be a change in Alyx, how could there not be? I would think she will be shock for a bit, distraught and absolutely determined to destroy the Combine no matter what. I think we'll see that come out of her during battle sequences and decision making times... but I also think we'll see her break down and lean even heavier on Gordon. As emotional as things were between Alyx and Eli in this episode, I think it will be equally or more so between her and Gordon next episode. I think the gravity gun will be upgraded or give way to a new kind of Portal gun by the end of Ep.3 and I think there may be some dispute between Alyx and Gordon and Kliener and Magnesun as to how to use the Aperature Science tech found on the Borealis... with the decision falling on Gordon, possibly permenantly affecting his relationships with one or more of the others (particularly Alyx).

No matter what happens I'd like to see Alyx and Gordon together in the end, and her feeling as though Gordon helped vindicate her father's death. On a side note, if the Advisors do not absorb the information in a victim's brain, then why did they kill Eli rather then capture and interrogate the most knowledgeable leader of the Resistence?

Well, supporting my "breen getting revenge as a potato slug" theory, the advisor seemed to:

a) select its target pretty specifically (it could have killed THE Gordon Freeman)
b) ignore the possibility of capturing eli for interrogation

I would think that actually goes against the theory. Eli is far more knowledgeable than Freeman, and capturing him to extract information would have fit more within Breen's character: a man thirsty for knowledge.

And if anything, I assume he would have targeted you first if it was an act of personal vengeance. After all, you are the one that sent him plummeting down the Citadel and right ****ed him over. Eli was a thorn in the side, but Freeman is the one who shattered all of Breen's hard work.

Hmm, can't wait for these tear shaders in ep3, heh.

Poor girl.

Theres gonna be tear shaders in EP3? Interesting on the graphical side of things.

I mean, we just have to see Alyx crying, it's really obvious.

Back