EVIL goes off to build dah BIG HL² FAQ, please gimme questions to put in the FAQ

EVIL

Tank
Reaction score
Hello, I have desided to create a huge FAQ about HL² but I need questions so I can put them in the FAQ
Every answer to these questions will be fount in the FAQ that will go online when I have a decent amount off questions

so post your questions

What level of realism will there be with regard to "gore". Will we be able to chop off a zombies arm at any point and see the insides?

Are the vehicles seen in the demo model or brush based? ( All the brocken ones that are lying around everywhere)

Im sure theres more but other people will ask them.

When will HL2 ship in stores?

Will there be multiplayer?

I've heard rumors about an extra multiplayer feature? What is it?

Will there be Co-op so that I can play through the single player element of HL2 with my friends?

Is HL2 modable?

When will the new Hammer editor be shipping?

Will there be ragdoll physics?

Is there a in-game video I can download?

Will I have any allies in the game? Will Barney be back?

Who are the Combine? Are they friendly?

I know there will be aliens in the game. Will there be friendly aliens?

Will we return to Xen at some point?

Will we return to Black Mesa at some point?

Thats all for now!

Where can I find screenshots/movies?

What HL1 weapons are returning to HL2?

What are the minimum system specs?

Are the vehicles destructable?

I'll edit this post if I come up with more questions

Will there be a surprise ending it HL2 like HL1?

If so will it take another 5 freakin' years for a sequel?

When will HL2 ship in stores? Sept. 30th 2003

Will there be multiplayer? Yes

I've heard rumors about an extra multiplayer feature? What is it? Team Fortress 2, and no it was a rumor.

Will there be Co-op so that I can play through the single player element of HL2 with my friends? No.

Is HL2 modable? Yes, very.

When will the new Hammer editor be shipping? In a month or so.

Will there be ragdoll physics? Yes, enhanced ones.

Is there a in-game video I can download? The E3 gameplay demo. www.gametrailers.com

Will I have any allies in the game? Will Barney be back? Yes. Yes.

Who are the Combine? Are they friendly? Evil dudes. No.

I know there will be aliens in the game. Will there be friendly aliens? No, but you can take control of one using a special grenade that the monsters will follow the scent and kill anything in its path.

Will we return to Xen at some point? No.

Will we return to Black Mesa at some point? Probably not.

Originally posted by Lordblackadder
Will there be a surprise ending it HL2 like HL1? Yes, HL3 is planned.

If so will it take another 5 freakin' years for a sequel? No.

Originally posted by Sushi
Where can I find screenshots/movies? www.halflife2.net

What HL1 weapons are returning to HL2? Most, if not, all.

What are the minimum system specs? 700mhz P3 Processor w/ a DX6 compatible video card.

Are the vehicles destructable? Yes.

Originally posted by Farrowlesparrow
What level of realism will there be with regard to "gore". Will we be able to chop off a zombies arm at any point and see the insides? Question still stands, waiting on future information.

Are the vehicles seen in the demo model or brush based? Model.

there evil, i made ur job alot easier ^^^^

come on ppl keep those questions coming

Originally posted by guinny

I know there will be aliens in the game. Will there be friendly aliens? No, but you can take control of one using a special grenade that the monsters will follow the scent and kill anything in its path.

Actually, some aliens will be friendly towards you - Alien grunts/slaves, for example.

no they wont. theyre still your enemies. idk where u got ur info but its wrong sorry

no they wont. theyre still your enemies. idk where u got ur info but its wrong sorry

"While the Vortigons will emerge as actual allies, other aliens, as in Half-Life, will share mutual enemies with Gordon and Alyx..."

Taken from my PCG UK #123. I would scan it, but Munro forbids it.

When we expect Half-Life 3? You and anyone who repeats this question should be shot.

Originally posted by Abom|nation
"While the Vortigons will emerge as actual allies, other aliens, as in Half-Life, will share mutual enemies with Gordon and Alyx..."

Taken from my PCG UK #123. I would scan it, but Munro forbids it.

I got it directly from Gabe your still the aliens #1 pain in the ass and theyre still out to kill u.

I got it directly from Gabe your still the aliens #1 pain in the ass and theyre still out to kill u.

Post the e-mail.

cant, theres questions he answered that he asked to remain disclosed to the public until official word was out

"Though there are some alien allies in-game, none of which are on their own will, such as the ant lions using the pheromone grenades to control them."

^^thats all im postin

its not something to agree on, i stated the truth, u have just as much reason to believe me as not to believe me. i suggest u dont call me a liar and just wait for the official word, even though i JUST GAVE IT TO YOU DIRECTLY FROM GABES MOUTH

hl3 is unknown:) we havent even conceived of hl3

its not something to agree on, i stated the truth, u have just as much reason to believe me as not to believe me. i suggest u dont call me a liar and just wait for the official word, even though i JUST GAVE IT TO YOU DIRECTLY FROM GABES MOUTH

His fingers, actually. If it were true.

Guinny, you will be fighting along side some xen aliens some times. This is the gamespy preview...
Although nothing substantial, we were able to glean a little more info from Valve on a variety of topics. At points, you'll be fighting with aliens from Xen, for reasons that have yet to be revealed. And, just as you fought the military in Half-Life, you'll find yourself in combat against City 17 personnel. Vehicles will be present and play a major role, and they won't just be preprogrammed objects on a rail; you'll be in full control and will need them to get from one area to another quickly.

The article is found here http://www.gamespy.com/previews/may03/halflife2pc/index2.shtml Its in the middle of the page.

that preview is outdated, gabe told me u would be fighting with the grunts from hl2 (oops).....but never said anything bout xen aliens, and that preview is talking about the antlions that u can control

ummm... The grunts in HL1 are aliens from xen. It says for reasons as of yet unrevealed too. The reason that you will be able to fight along with the ant-lions were revealed a long time ago, so it can't be the same thing.

Besides it is only SOMETIMES you will be fighting along with the aliens, not all the time.

hahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhha
Dont wory man.
Everything on the time

Originally posted by Zeus
When will HL2 ship in stores?

Will there be multiplayer?

I've heard rumors about an extra multiplayer feature? What is it?

Will there be Co-op so that I can play through the single player element of HL2 with my friends?

Is HL2 modable?

When will the new Hammer editor be shipping?

Will there be ragdoll physics?

Is there a in-game video I can download?

Will I have any allies in the game? Will Barney be back?

Who are the Combine? Are they friendly?

I know there will be aliens in the game. Will there be friendly aliens?

Will we return to Xen at some point?

Will we return to Black Mesa at some point?

Thats all for now!

You have got to be joking right?..if not i think this may be the stupidest post in history :dozey:

He was actually posting questions for a FAQ, he probably knows the answers. I find his post one of the best of this thread...

actually I did already know the answers to them, I was just helping EVIL so that he could copy/paste the questions into his FAQ.

Just no pleasin some people....sigh

Wow.. This thread really grew fast. 3 pages already :D. anyway. thnx for your replies (I will be expecting more :)) Anyway.. I will spend a big time of the day to this thing tomorrow. so maby i can release the first version of then. anyway. the (very basic) layout is ready and i already have some basic stuff in it to test it. anyway.. thnx for your contributions. i will look into this thread again tomorrow and take all the questions and answers (for the ones who posted answers with the questions) and work them further out.

This thing will be big!

/me goes back to work

Lets go bribe him to answer us a lot of the questions :) :D

Here's another Q&A to add to the FAQ...

Q: Will there be a collectors or limited edition boxes of Half Life 2?

A: Yes, Half-Life 2 will have several collectible game boxes when it comes out, with images of Freeman, the G-Man, the new character Alyx and a special silver box that will apparently be a limited edition with some as yet unrevealed special items. Source & Box shots

Back