Exalted Opinions, Games of 2013

MFL

AlbatrossofTime
Reaction score
Sup hookers. What were your best and worst of 2013?

My personal favorite had to be The Stanley Parable, mainly because of the introspection it inspired in me as to how and why I play videogames.

Worst was probably playing through Half Life 2 again, up to the canals, and getting bored and spiteful.

best: metal gear solid raiden rising revengeance 2: back to the revenge
worst: bamham arkham origins aka "cash grab bonanza"

Best - Metro: Last Light; welcome to the metro, cyka.
Worst - Dead People Walking The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct for trying to milk the success of the Telltale's game. (algo the game sucks)

Best: Grand Theft Auto V (lololol generic choice)
Worst: Crysis 3

I admittedly didn't play all that many bad games this year, I thankfully managed to avoid most of them, even if I did buy The Bureau: XCOM Declassified, I never actually played it and therefore can't comment on it's possibly-foul stench.

It's ok Noms, you lost naught but Pride.

I really liked playing Antichamber, the new DX:HR, Dishonored, and The Stanley Parable. I didn't really like playing Hotline Miami.

Best: ArmA 3
Worst: GTA5
Online mode is boring. Didn't even finish singleplayer storyline

Best (released in 2013): Gunpoint
Best (older): Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition

Worst: X Rebirth :( (They continue to patch it, so here's hoping they'll eventually fix the broken gameplay)

Best: Bioshock Infinite, Civ 5: Brave New World, Assassin's Creed IV, Borderlands 2 DLC
Worst: Killzone Shadow Fall, Arkham Origins, BF4 (with the current state of PS4 multiplayer)

Best : Gunpoint - Awesome game, even if I am pants at it.
Worst : COD Ghosts, god awful game. Don't like the COD games anyway, but holy feck! Thankfully played at a friends so I didn't have to spend money on it.

Not really played many new games this year so... yeah.

Best: Rome 2 Total War (apparently I'm lucky as I've had none of the seemingly common bugs, and its looks fantastic on my machine)
Worst: Company of Heroes 2. Not sure why, but I'm extremely put-off by it for some reason. I only play SP, and I couldn't stand it. Maybe its better with custom mission or skirmish games, but the campaign really left a bad taste.

Best: (not 2013 but I didnt play it til then so shut up) To the Moon. Changed my life. Loved every second of this 3 hour gem.
Worst: I am Alive

Best: Bioshock Infinite, not a perfect game but I still enjoyed it a lot
Worst: Crysis 3, I want my 30 bucks back

Best: Rome 2 Total War (apparently I'm lucky as I've had none of the seemingly common bugs, and its looks fantastic on my machine)

I've been considering picking this up for ages, but have been put off by the really negative vibes the community has given. How does the gameplay compare to the older ones? I loved the original Rome and Shogun 2, didnt really care for Empire though.

Campaign level gameplay is quite a bit different (better IMO, introduces new complexities while reducing the level of micromanagement of the original). Realtime battles are same as always. Not a fan of the built in formations, but I always hand-place my units anyways. Pathfinding is shitloads better than the original Rome.

Best: Dead Space. Fun game with a bland story and characters.
Worst: Dead Space 2 is a complete waste of time.
> Dumbed down, repetitive, casual garbage
> Quick time events
> Boring, generic, copy and paste levels
> Isaac Clarke can talk

• Agree
Reactions: MFL
Best: Arma 3
Worst: Takedown: Red Sabre

Picking the worst game was difficult because I'm only counting ones I've played, and Takedown is still being developed so it's not totally fair. But it was the biggest letdown, so.

uhh... I don't know.

really guys, I don't know. I have no idea. Best experience was probably episode 1 of The Wolf Among Us but that's like one fifth of a game.

Best: Dead Space. Fun game with a bland story and characters.
Worst: Dead Space 2 is a complete waste of time.
> Dumbed down, repetitive, casual garbage
> Quick time events
> Boring, generic, copy and paste levels
> Isaac Clarke can talk

Man if you didnt like the second one for those reasons, for the love of god stay away from the third one.

Best: State Of Decay, Bioshock Infinite, Assassins Creed IV, Arkham Origins, Outlast, Dead Space 3.
Worst: Aliens Colonial Marines (the is no excuse for this game), Flashback remake (sucked the soul from the original game).

Best: Tiny Tina's Attack on Dragon Keep (third DLC for Borderlands 2): it really gives you something to sink your gigantic arsenal into (several big maps crammed with a large variety of enemies) plus it's super funny. Also, what I've been missing from most first person shooters is the ability to actually move at speeds ranging from normal to almost as fast as a vehicle, jumps that can actually clear obstacles, and an enemy density reminiscent of the original Doom (plus the weapon variety is unparalleled). I'm all spoiled now.

Worst: Bioshock Infinite. Great storyline, awesome visuals, decent graphics, but the gameplay... consolitis? I'm not sure what made it so meh.

I'm sad to hear that Crysis 3 was no bueno... I was looking forward to trying it.

Some of these games making the "worst" lists... I feel like you guys should have known better than to play them.

Best: Arma 3
Worst Most Disappointing: Toss-up between Bioshock Infinite and GTA V. Bioshock had awful gameplay but some other redeeming qualities, GTA had great gameplay but some other irredeemable qualities.

So yeah, I played 3 new video games this year. Weird.

Best: Gone Home
Almost Best: Eldritch
Okay, but Pretty Damn Disappointing: Amnesia: Machine for Pigs

Man if you didnt like the second one for those reasons, for the love of god stay away from the third one.

Best: ... Dead Space 3.

2zjiz4i.gif

Good tier: Metro LL

great atmosphere, great graphics and liked the introduction of stealth mechanics. **** you spike TV for not recognizing it this game

Ok tier: TR 2013

Nice graphics, nice shampoo hair and this is probably the sexiest Lara yet. The gameplay however is a different story, it doesn't feel like a TR game. Barely any platforming and when there is it feels so ****ing dumbed down. The CoD like combat is the focus here. Story is some generic 2deep4u Nolan garbage that doesn't belong in video games, god damnit I hate the impact it has on video games stories. Stop being interactive movies and start being video games.

shit tier: SR4

buyers remorse the game

As usual someone has devolve the thread into attacks on peoples choices. I loved the **** out of Dead Space 3. Get over it.

Who said I was mocking Dead Space 3? I haven't played it. And I don't care about the series at all. I was simply pointing out how funny it is that someone was advising people stay away from the third game because of how bad it was, before another individual highlights that very same game as their game of the year in the following post.

Yeah, my feeling was more along the lines of if he didn't like the direction that they went with Dead Space 2 then he really wouldn't like the third one. I personally like the second though.

Also, just finished Max Payne 3 yesterday, and was actually really impressed. For a cheap sale purchase, it was a fun TPS with great graphics, animations, and polish. The final level had some great moments in it too.

Yeah, my feeling was more along the lines of if he didn't like the direction that they went with Dead Space 2 then he really wouldn't like the third one. I personally like the second though.

Also, just finished Max Payne 3 yesterday, and was actually really impressed. For a cheap sale purchase, it was a fun TPS with great graphics, animations, and polish. The final level had some great moments in it too.

Yeah, Max Payne 3 was one of my best from last year. I thought that final mission was fantastic.

Who said I was mocking Dead Space 3? I haven't played it. And I don't care about the series at all. I was simply pointing out how funny it is that someone was advising people stay away from the third game because of how bad it was, before another individual highlights that very same game as their game of the year in the following post.

Then I apologise for my reply. :)

Yeah, Max Payne 3 was one of my best from last year. I thought that final mission was fantastic.
Max Payne 3 was a fantastic game, I'm not sure why so many people hate on it, or try to hate on it. I've also never understood why people claim the original Max Payne games are somehow infinitely superior to the third game. I deliberately played Max Payne 1 and 2 for the first time a few months prior to the release of Max Payne 3, and I can definitely say I enjoyed the third substantially more than the original pair.
Then I apologise for my reply. :)

No worries.

Back