Explosion in London Underground

What's the death count at the moment, a friend is saying it's 20 overall?

JiMmEh said:
Well, this is just horrible. Not the thing I want to hear about when I wake up. I've managed to get hold of one of my brothers, but I can't get hold of my other one. (They both work in London) Fingers crossed.

Fingers crossed for you and your brother JiMmEh, let us know when you get hold of him.

Apparently the phone networks are being shut down for dedicated emergency services?

Anyone else hear something about this? Must be why I can't call anyone :|

they've found a bomb in Brighton station, or what could be a bomb. A naval bomb squad have arrived from portsmouth to do a controlled explosion.

The phone lines are jammed with people trying to contact other people and earlier they were blocked to stop mobile activated bombs, ala madrid.
Vodaphone have given some of their network exclusively for emergency sevices.

unconfirmed reports say, a device has been found on a bus in conventry and swansea campus has been evacuated.

evilsloth said:
What's the death count at the moment, a friend is saying it's 20 overall?

Confirmed, 2 deaths, but I expected it to at least get into double figures by eyewitness reports

Cormeh said:
I heard 24, but that was about 45 mins ago

We must be getting old News Streams in Australia.
And plus, HL2.net is faster than any other News website, they're all blocked.

Sulkdodds said:
You mean the station IN Brighton? You're ****ing kidding me. :eek:

It was described as a 'suspect package' so it'll probably get blown up and turn out to be someone's work bag

it might not be a bomb but its an unattended bag and it'll be blown up.

oldagerocker said:
it might not be a bomb but its an unattended bag and it'll be blown up.

Probably, I hope so cos otherwise who knows where else may be targeted :eek:

Murray_H said:
It was described as a 'suspect package' so it'll probably get blown up and turn out to be someone's work bag
Better safe than sorry.

Practically everyone in the office here is trying to get on teh bbc website, its pretty slow and its been timing out alot

duffers20 said:
Practically everyone in the office here is trying to get on teh bbc website, its pretty slow and its been timing out alot

Same here. We have Radio 1 on internet radio too and that is constantly refusing to connect.

What news station are the UK guys watching, casue AUS has only BBC atm?
And it's looping old stuff.

Just had a look at the TV we have in the office here. This sucks.

from msn.co.uk

12:48pm. An Islamic website is now carrying a message claiming responsibility for the attacks.

Also in my home town brighton our station has been closed due to a bomb that was found. :O

Yeah one of my colleagues was talking to someone in London, I will try to get confirmation.

I think what garfield means is that his status is banned. Your status changes everywhere when you are banned I think, which is why it may seem like he is posting when he is banned.

Same thing as when you change your signiture, it changes on all your old posts as well. :rolleyes:

Another bus just exploded?

duffers20 said:
I think what garfield means is that his status is banned. Your status changes everywhere when you are banned I think, which is why it may seem like he is posting when he is banned.

Ahh, gotcha!

Charles Clark only confirmed FOUR blasts.

Blair just made another speech, this one slightly more overblown and fake-sounding. I'm already angry at the attempts by various sides to politicise this thing to their own ends.

i hear 5 major underground stations were obliterated and a bus was blown clean in half.

2-20 people are dead

90 are injured

what makes me think is has something to do with the G8 summit.

This country is now deemed 'unsafe' - how predictable

this is just what the attackers wanted and whats britian going to do about it -- jack sh***

even old tony said we could defend ourselfs then suddenly 6 bombs appear in london - pft! wtf!

if this happened else where they could not do anything either. Most secruity was protecting the g8 sumit

Laivasse said:
Charles Clark only confirmed FOUR blasts.

Blair just made another speech, this one slightly more overblown and fake-sounding. I'm already angry at the attempts by various sides to politicise this thing to their own ends.

Not fake, but more prepared. The original speech seemed to be hampered by emotion and also that he was trying to find the words to say.

Back