Face Poser crashes and problems locating files

O

Orisit

Both myself and a friend have been having this issue with faceposer:

When attempting to re-extract a file in the phenemone (?) editor, after entering the text and pressing okay, face poser crashes. 100% of the time. I noticed that if I reload faceposer and open the editor again, it has saved filename_work and this has word data (at least, there is the text I entered next to "Text" in the lower right of the editor). So, I save this in c/program files/valve/steam/steamapps/*username*/half-life 2/hl2/sound as a wav file. However, when I add a channel to an actor and try to add a wav, my file is not on the list.

How can this be solved?

EDIT: The problem may just be that I was unaware I needed to install microsoft speech sdk. I'm doing that now, if I still have problems I will post again.
EDIT again: Nope, that wasn't the problem. The Valve Dev Wiki says this is a known issue but doesn't have a workaround. Is there a way to work around this problem? The wiki says this bug came into being in the last update (Sept 28); given that this makes it impossible to use almost all of the functionality of faceposer, I would be surprised to learn nobody in the world has been able to use faceposer for a month.

im having the SAME PROB!!!! Argh i feel ur pain! it is sooo annoying! plz someone add LIGHT to this problem

Damn, you may a currupted files, that happens sometimes for unexplained reasons. Try a clean installation, that works for us.

Back