Fallout3 on Steam!

Sandspider

Reaction score
Apologies if this is a repeat topic and I missed the thread.

JUst wondering if Fallout 3 will be available on Steam?

No news at present, and personally I doubt it. But who knows.

Doubtful.

Beth's too paranoidal about it's IPs.

Why? What's wrong with going to the store and picking up a physical copy?

Considering that DRM systems are left on Steam versions too. And a lot of retail boxes are cheaper. And a lot of games aren't available in all regions. OK, admit it: Steam has lost a lot of fascination in my eyes.

It's a games for Windows title so I don't think we'll see it on steam.

Man it sooo should be on Steam... ALL GAMES SHOULD BE!

Yeah because we all prefer downloading 7+ gig games for 8+ hours whenever we buy our games, instead of popping in a DVD/CD and waiting 10+ minutes for it to install.

Yeah because we all prefer downloading 7+ gig games for 8+ hours whenever we buy our games, instead of popping in a DVD/CD and waiting 10+ minutes for it to install.

WHOOOT DOO FOOOOK he wasn't even saying it should only be on steam and nowhere else.

Well, it's like preloaded on DVDs in a store, waiting to be put on shelves on release day. I'm not saying Steam doesn't make sense BTW, I'm just saying I don't understand the praise and people getting all happy when a game is released on Steam.

Dude I love Steam. I want both physical copies AND it to be on Steam, just for the convenience factorz.

Who is the publisher of Fallout 3? It would depend mostly on that.

btw, I love Steam because I've got all my game tied to my account, so I can't lose discs or get them scratched, and it makes installing my games after formatting a breeze.

btw, I love Steam because I've got all my game tied to my account, so I can't lose discs or get them scratched, and it makes installing my games after formatting a breeze.

This is changing, since a lot of recent games keep their DRM scheme, so that the game is tied to the account (Steam way) AND the hardware config (publisher way). Not the case of Fallout 3.

It's available on Steam now.

It's quite expensive.

Edit: Purchased.

I'm probably buying this at retailer; I remember purchasing Warhead on Steam, and not only could I not play on the day that Valve specifically said, but the download was awkwardly slow.

Something like 36Kb/s, which does take the piss.

I have the CE edition preordered anyway. I really wish I could log my store-bought editions to my Steam Account. I dunno, I like Steam. For no god-damn reason.

Seems very expensive and ive already bought way to many games this month.

Also, if you convert it to Aussie, it's way too expensive!

Steam

$110 AUD

Retail
$80 AUD

Retail - Collectors Edition

$90 AUD

Gogo crappy currency.

I thought it wasn't our currency, rather our absurd pricing scheme for software?

It's not really that absurd, never has been. The average income here is higher than America and thus people here happily pay more for things. It's annoying.

The fact the dollar is only worth $0.61USD is the bigger problem right now.

I was tempted in buying this via Steam, but the exchange rate of the pound Vs the dollar is pretty weak compared to what it was a few months ago and it would cost something ludicrous like 38 quid after tax, which given you can get it retail from www.play.com for 25 makes little sense economically. That's the option I've gone for in this instance.

1GBP = $1.59

It's shocking, to think a few months ago it was 1GBP = $1.98. :(

I don't know if to get this or not.

The only thing holding me back is that it looks exactly like Oblivion, just a different setting/theme.

Well, I guess this game is pretty good. 9.6 on IGN and 10/10 on eurogamer. Too bad I'm selling my xbox.

I'm glad I'm not a maniacal Fallout fanboy, or I'd probably have a hard time enjoying the hell out of it when I buy it. It's looking great.

I'm just hoping I can shut down the critic in my head long enough to just enjoy the game.

Back