Far Cry 3 - Did I ever tell you the definition of WUBWUBWUBWUBBBBBRRRRRZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Bad^Hat

The Freeman
Reaction score
So there's been some more footage coming out lately, and a release date, and I couldn't find the last thread if we even had one. Probably not. Anyway you're welcome, the other 2 people still holding out hope for this.

It's coming out September 7th in the US, 9th in EU. Here's the latest CG trailer, which... ugh, just wait.

And here's some gameplay someone just uploaded. Not sure if this is even official or what.

So it's looking... okay. Seems more story and character oriented than 2, so we can probably expect it to be more linear. You can already see a couple of obvious setpieces in that video, too. Not sure how I feel about that, but as long as they're the exception and not the rule then I'd be cool with it. Seems like they've taken out the health system from 2, which is pretty dumb. Also, needless to say, the first thing I'll be doing if I play is turning the music to 0.

Here's the original gameplay trailer from E3 last year. (Skip to about :40 if you don't care about Ubi's talking heads.)

I like the way the player's camera tilts and leans about like their head actually exists in the game world. And the voice acting is pretty good. Yeah...

wow those threat/damage indicators are so ugly and distracting

I'm cautiously optimistic about this. It looks like what I wanted Far Cry 2 to be like, Far Cry 1 without mutants. I think the setpieces are there just for story progression, and in the actual missions you'll be free to do them however you want.
So I think the game is going to be structured like Far Cry 1, you'll have large leves where you can go prettymuch anywhere.

As long as it's not Far Cry 2, I'm happy. They better have fast travel at the very least.

I hope it will be more like FC1 than FC2, afraid it won't be though because the regenerating health removes most of the tension the first one could build(wait behind a corner rather than be careful).
Yes the first one was a more linear game than FC2, but anyone who has played it will know that you can freely walk around the island to kill all the bad guys in a way YOU come up with, providing you with 1000x more freedom than most shooters out there without being a huge freeroam world.
Been dreaming of a sequel to the first one for so long, it's probably my favorite shooter ever(more than HL2, sorry).

I like the way the player's camera tilts and leans about like their head actually exists in the game world. And the voice acting is pretty good. Yeah...

I disagree, always found the camera/weapon in FC2 to be too shaky, even if it's more realistic than what most shooters do.

I like the fact the bullets eject on the proper side in this game, rather than in your ****ing face like they did in Far Cry 2.

why are you disliking the wub wbu in da butt dubstep? isnt that like da best muzic evar?

Too many bad memories from FC2. Its so many small, unexpected things that made that game awful.

-Near nausea from motion sickness. It was the combination of the very dramatic player movements, the excessive blur from sprinting and looking down your barrel sights, and the sepia, dear god the sepia.
-The ****ing sounds. The music and the sounds in this game are irritable and incredibly repetitious. I swear there were like two tracks in that entire game set on a loop, BONGOS. One of the sounds that drove me crazy was the little cling-clang sound your vehicle made anytime you drove.
-Having to stop exploration to go on a medicine quest for your ****ing sickness or whatever. ****. I remember the devs lying to the audience saying it wasn't going to be a big deal in the game. Why. The. ****. Was. That. Shit. Necessary?
-Respawning enemies at every half mile of road that would shoot your car, thusly making you stop to kill all of the enemies, and fix your car at least 12 times before getting anywhere.
-Stupid as **** weapon system. What the **** was the point of degrading weapons? If you are going to include a weapons-degrade system, have it make sense. Instead of maintaining or fixing your weapon (which would be cool), it becomes dirty over time and you would have to go back to your storage room of infinitely respawning weapons to replace it? Why? What's the point? Just a waste of ****ing time, doesn't serve any purpose or add immersion.

Assasin creed revelations and bioshock infinite have ziplines, now this. The next COD will probably have ziplines.

Far-Cry-3-Screenshot-Medusa-Zip-Line-570x321.jpg

ah I seWUBUBWWUWUUUWUWWUGOUPGOOOOOOOOAPBRZZZZZZSSSSEEEERRRRRRRRGOUPGUOPBRRRRRRRRRRRZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzz

Too many bad memories from FC2. Its so many small, unexpected things that made that game awful.

-Near nausea from motion sickness. It was the combination of the very dramatic player movements, the excessive blur from sprinting and looking down your barrel sights, and the sepia, dear god the sepia.
-The ****ing sounds. The music and the sounds in this game are irritable and incredibly repetitious. I swear there were like two tracks in that entire game set on a loop, BONGOS. One of the sounds that drove me crazy was the little cling-clang sound your vehicle made anytime you drove.
-Having to stop exploration to go on a medicine quest for your ****ing sickness or whatever. ****. I remember the devs lying to the audience saying it wasn't going to be a big deal in the game. Why. The. ****. Was. That. Shit. Necessary?
-Respawning enemies at every half mile of road that would shoot your car, thusly making you stop to kill all of the enemies, and fix your car at least 12 times before getting anywhere.
-Stupid as **** weapon system. What the **** was the point of degrading weapons? If you are going to include a weapons-degrade system, have it make sense. Instead of maintaining or fixing your weapon (which would be cool), it becomes dirty over time and you would have to go back to your storage room of infinitely respawning weapons to replace it? Why? What's the point? Just a waste of ****ing time, doesn't serve any purpose or add immersion.

I agree with all of these things and I loved the game. :>

Looks like dumb fun, which sometimes is all you're after. Personally I liked the original E3 trailer simply because Vaas is clearly one huge asshole.

Does it include water that keeps trying to shiv you?

THIS. ****ing getting shot and chased by those respawning ****ers every 10 seconds drove me insane.

I agree with all of these things and I loved the game. :>

This ;] Maybe not "loved" but enjoyed.

The CGI trailer was pretty good I thought (apart from the fact that some random tourist turns into Jason Bourne - I guess some people react to stress like that), and I like me some wubwubwub every now and then (Noisia ftw).

As for the gameplay video - that better be some early build (graphics seemed worse than in FC2 and what's with those "in your face" indicators) with immortality for demonstration purposes.

The age of zip lines and dubstep is upon us.

And talking protagonists.

Yeah, FC2 was pretty bad, but it had potential oddly enough. Honestly, I enjoyed Crysis more than I did FC2.

As for this game, looks pretty good. I'm hoping more media comes out soon so I can get a better feel for it.

Y'all are crazy. Y'all are nuts. Y'all want too much. Y'all don't get it. Game looks tasty.

I watched through those again, and I predict that this will be a terrible mess, and be labeled as 'had potential'.

And the dubstep? For the love of all that is lovable, the dubstep?

Yeah, FC2 was pretty bad, but it had potential oddly enough. Honestly, I enjoyed Crysis more than I did FC2.

As for this game, looks pretty good. I'm hoping more media comes out soon so I can get a better feel for it.

Crysis was the spiritual successor to Far Cry. It even had a comparable setting! Far Cry 2 was nothing like Far Cry.

I enjoyed FC but found FC2 to be really tedious and just not that compelling (other than visually).

This looks pretty uninspired tbh. Might be fun for a few hours but a bargain bin shooter at best.

Insanity?

Attachments

• Ga7H4.png
    Ga7H4.png
    146.7 KB · Views: 420
I really hope Syndicate's advertising campaign fails so that gaming and dubstep are no longer linked.

The uncanny valley is strong with this one.

Far Cry 2 was, to me, a lame version of Just Cause 2. I liked it enough just because it was open world and fun to mess around in, but then I played JC2 and realized how limited FC2 was. Even if they kept everything else the same, if they just added more things to do in the game, I'd have liked it a lot. Lighting fields on fire around enemies and trapping them in the inferno is still one of the coolest tactical approaches to an open-world fight I've seen.

As for this game, Badhat pretty much has my stance on it. I'll probably end up getting it.

Far Cry 2 bored the shit out of me. I didn't think it lived up to its promise at all. This, on the other hand looks a little more back to the series roots and I am a sucker for a tropical environment, so I am keenly watching this one develop.

Far Cry 2 was, to me, a lame version of Just Cause 2. I liked it enough just because it was open world and fun to mess around in, but then I played JC2 and realized how limited FC2 was. Even if they kept everything else the same, if they just added more things to do in the game, I'd have liked it a lot. Lighting fields on fire around enemies and trapping them in the inferno is still one of the coolest tactical approaches to an open-world fight I've seen..

I don't think the two are even remotely comparable to each other (other than the setting in the very loosest sense).. One was meant to be an over the top GTA Hollywood action-fest (Just Cause 2) Far Cry 2 was meant to be a realistic "survival" shooter (and failed at that). It's like comparing Prototype to.... Stalker.

In truth, I think the best example of what Far Cry 2 could have been was Xenus II White Gold. Buggy and flawed, but far more open and interesting than Far Cry 2 (In terms of quests, travel, factions, free roam, etc) . Well worth playing with the English patch installed.

In truth, I think the best example of what Far Cry 2 could have been was Xenus II White Gold. Buggy and flawed, but far more open and interesting than Far Cry 2 (In terms of quests, travel, factions, free roam, etc) . Well worth playing with the English patch installed.
Ah yes, the sequel to Boiling Point, just for your information ZT, Xenus 2 has an official English release these days.

http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-XENUS2/xenus-2-white-gold

I enjoyed FC but found FC2 to be really tedious and just not that compelling (other than visually).

This looks pretty uninspired tbh. Might be fun for a few hours but a bargain bin shooter at best.

FC2 ranks among the 10 worst games I have ever played, period. They just did so many things wrong in that game.

Yeah, I was actually surprised when I finally beat Far Cry 2, the fun of freedom of exploration was zapped when a car is trying to run you over every five seconds. If I remember right, the enemies re-spawned at the various encampments as well....and a bunch of other stuff I'm too tired to elaborate on. Too bad, I was actually very excited before release.

Still looking into FC3, though.

For those that haven't seen the Magic Mushrooms video:

http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/far-cry-3/1219052p1.html

Also, won't be buying if they, once again, don't release the mod tools because they are "too complex". What a great excuse that was.

I did try to play the game again once I got that DLC for free that contained the silent shotgun (Just so I could feel like Anton Chigurh from No Country) but it still wasn't worth it.

Back