Fast & Furious: ATF Scandal Grows in Scope & Size

Reaction score
http://ac360.blogs.cnn.com/2011/09/28/video-babeu-atf-accomplice-to-cartel-murders/?hpt=ac_t2

Video: Babeu: ATF accomplice to cartel murders
---------------------------

CNN's Anderson Cooper looks shellshocked as Arizona Sheriff Paul Babeu lays out some of the details of this exploding scandal.

This "Fast & Furious" (Gunwalker) operation came out of Obama's Justice Department - Eric Holder. High level Congressional investigators have already said that it stretches credulity to think that Holder was uninvolved. Holder and Obama are very close.

And think about this: news is now emerging that military grade weapons & equipment have been supplied to the Mexican drug cartel Zetas using TAXPAYER money. These weapons included grenades and grenade launchers, high-powered rifles, anti-aircraft missiles, body armor and night vision goggles.

How can military grade weapons and hardware of this power and magitude be provided to a violent drug cartel using taxpayer money without approval from the top levers of power? Answer: it can't.

If you're not familiar with this scandal it goes as follows:

A lot of semi automatic weaponry flows southward from Arizona into Mexico via illicit trade (Mexico outlaws guns, US outlaws drugs- black markets flourish in both nations)

The ATF was allowing criminal 'straw buyers' who purchase weapons on behalf of cartels and smuggle them south to complete their buys and actually move thousands of small arms over the border. They were never stopped. Supposedly these were to be 'tracked.'

However, it has been coming to light that not only was the ATF doing that, but it was actually actively supplying cartel members with weaponry directly through taxpayer money. This isn't criminals doing work under the knowing eye of the government, this was the federal government directly involved in moving weaponry itself.

http://hotair.com/archives/2011/09/...ney-and-sold-them-to-illegal-buyers-directly/

According to documents obtained by Fox News, Agent John Dodson was ordered to buy six semi-automatic Draco pistols — two of those were purchased at the Lone Wolf gun store in Peoria, Ariz. An unusual sale, Dodson was sent to the store with a letter of approval from David Voth, an ATF group supervisor.
Dodson then sold the weapons to known illegal buyers, while fellow agents watched from their cars nearby.
This was not a “buy-bust” or a sting operation, where police sell to a buyer and then arrest them immediately afterward. In this case, agents were “ordered” to let the sale go through and follow the weapons to a stash house.
According to sources directly involved in the case, Dodson felt strongly that the weapons should not be abandoned and the stash house should remain under 24-hour surveillance. However, Voth disagreed and ordered the surveillance team to return to the office. Dodson refused, and for six days in the desert heat kept the house under watch, defying direct orders from Voth.
A week later, a second vehicle showed up to transfer the weapons. Dodson called for an interdiction team to move in, make the arrest and seize the weapons. Voth refused and the guns disappeared with no surveillance.

Why are they doing this?

My thoughts are this was a botched attempt to push the public into more draconian gun control regulation, but it has backfired and blown up in their faces.

On March 30, POTUS said the following to Sarah Brady (Of the infamous Brady Campaign) in regard to gun control, after she brought up the issue to him
President Obama said:
"I just want you to know that we are working on it," Brady recalled the president telling them. "We have to go through a few processes, but under the radar."

Legislation and law changes are not things done in secret nor under the radar- this implies that the administration was seeking non conventional ways to push gun control, and the Fast and Furious Operation is a 'false flag' attack on the second amendment of epic proportions. Expect this, as well as Solyndra, to be Obama's watergate. Especially as the campaigns get closer to 2012, this is going to be brought up massively after the GOP primaries are settled. To me, this is impeachable if Obama is linked to knowledge of weapons purposely being funneled to the Zetas.

We already have more federal overbearing regulation in the 4 border states over the past couple months due to this. Multiple rifle sales are now required by law to be reported to the ATF for prompt investigation and questioning. This only applies in the 4 border states- no where else in the nation. Expect that to change soon- they will try to spread this rule to create a registry of gun owners. For now, I will be purchasing no more than 1 weapon at a time from a store in a day. If I'm getting multiple firearms, I'll spread the purchase out over a couple days or go to multiple shops to avoid the multiple purchase paperwork.

We are living in a second Gilded Age. Government corruption has exploded in the last 15 years to epic proportions.

NEW INFO: Attorney General Eric Holder lied about what he know about this.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-31727_162-20115038-10391695.html

From The Article said:
WASHINGTON - New documents obtained by CBS News show Attorney General Eric Holder was sent briefings on the controversial Fast and Furious operation as far back as July 2010. That directly contradicts his statement to Congress.

On May 3, 2011, Holder told a Judiciary Committee hearing, "I'm not sure of the exact date, but I probably heard about Fast and Furious for the first time over the last few weeks."

Yet internal Justice Department documents show that at least ten months before that hearing, Holder began receiving frequent memos discussing Fast and Furious.

The documents came from the head of the National Drug Intelligence Center and Assistant Attorney General Lanny Breuer.

In Fast and Furious, ATF agents allegedly allowed thousands of weapons to cross the border and fall into the hands of Mexican drug cartels.

Back