Favorite GOP candidate thus far

Who is your favorite GOP candidate thus far?

• Rick Perry

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mitt Romney

• Michele Bachmann

• Ron Paul

Votes: 10 43.5%
  • Jon Huntsman

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Herman Cain

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Newt Gingrich

• Rick Santorum

• Gary Johnson

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Other

Votes: 3 13.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Escaep

Tank
Reaction score
I know we don't have many GOP supporters on this forum, but if you HAD to pick one for the Republican nomination, who would you vote for? Haven't been able to find any full length videos of last night's debate, should start popping up today.

Links and stuff:

What they said and what is actually true: http://news.yahoo.com/fact-check-slippery-assertions-gop-debate-032527744.html
Recap: http://treeofmamre.wordpress.com/2011/09/23/september-22-gop-presidential-debate-recap/
Videos and stuff: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/09/22/gop-debate-live_n_975000.html

Huntsman seems to be relatively sane. Certainly I wouldn't expect him to go starting wars in order to trigger the Rapture or anything.

inb4ronpaul
induringronpaul.

He has many bad ideas, few good ideas, but at least he is sincere about wanting to improve things. **** all the other phonys.

After that would be Huntsman, and after that Herman Cain, because at least his craziness would be funny.

LOL@the boos following the video question from the gay soldier. How is anyone supposed to pick the best 'debater' in a debate staged for such an audience?

I've fallen out of touch with American politics, but if forced to choose I'd say Huntsman, since he seems to have got the most negative response from the wingnut element.

nutjob, religious extremist, nutjob, not a snowballs chance in hell, not so bad should have been a liberal, dumbass, nutjob, nutjob, sounds ok

Too bad Huntsman and Paul have about the same chance as I do at becoming president.

Huntsman would be my prefered choice. I like Ron Paul too, but on some issues he is a nutcase.

Out of the two who may actually win. I'd pick Romney over Perry.

I cast my vote for Gary Johnson because even though I have no idea who he is, he's got that purebred American-sounding name that looks presidential as ****. You can easily see him being Commander in Chief for any king of generic Hollywood film or military FPS game.

I guess I'd go with Huntsman simply for being the most reasonable of the lot, he has no chance of winning the primary though.

Gary Johnson, partly because he was a governor of my state who at the time looked like a total hippie and mainly because of his stand on pot.

1. Ron Paul
2. Herman Cain

Cain blew everyone away at the Florida straw poll, and Paul at the California straw poll

Johnson.He's a self identified Libertarian. He wants to cut spending but also knows that taxes will be unavoidable. He supports personal freedom which includes gay marriage and legalization of some drugs. When he was elected governor he apparently was elected in due to, in part, a large group of democrats.

He was on NPR a while ago and I was really impressed with his policies. Small government, low spending, simple but fair taxe rates. He made a joke saying that: You know you are a libertarian when you come to a deserted intersection in the middle of the night and ask yourself "Is it really a bad thing if I run this light?" He laughed and continued. I've run a few red lights.

I really think he's what we need. I only hope he can also be a good diplomat.

Back