FEMA Saw Hurricane Coming, Bush Cut Funding by 40%

Tr0n said:
I guess maybe you haven't noticed on many forums...but usually trolling/threats comes from people under their 20's. Stern knows...he had many right wing people calling him names and the people that was doing it was teens.

bullshit ..this isnt the only forum I belong to, and it isnt the first either ..I've been threatened by adults as well ...some even members of law enforcement or military personnel

and I'm not in my "later 40's" ...youre off by at least a decade

CptStern said:
they make physical threats? is that the norm on forums? sorry but not in my experience. Either way I didnt see you sticking up for me ...I didnt see you saying

"you threatened stern, how childish of you"

sometimes you need to fight that impluse that leads you to post in threads when you really dont have a point
I've defended you a few times against sein and ghost. Only when I thought those dumbass righties were being childish.

Truthfully....usually when it comes to regular cheap shots I stay out of it.

CptStern said:
bullshit ..this isnt the only forum I belong to, and it isnt the first either ..I've been threatened by adults as well ...some even members of law enforcement or military personnel
That's usually because you said something political to upset them. :p I'm talking about on the norm...like kids going "ZOMG YOU SUXS XBOX SUXS YOU PUSSY" and so on.

Okay, back to the topic. I don't want this thread being locked so seinfeld could have a excuse not to reply. (yes, I'm calling you out again ;) )

Tr0n said:
I've defended you a few times against sein and ghost. Only when I thought those dumbass righties were being childish.

That's usually because you said something political to upset them. :p I'm talking about on the norm...like kids going "ZOMG YOU SUXS XBOX SUXS YOU PUSSY" and so on.

What i mean is a teen / kid is more likely to make a threat, an adult is more likely to carry it out.
Anyway, ive said something not relevant so ill stfu now :(

and this is why i don't come to the politics part of this site :x
regardless of who makes whatever good points.. they get overlooked and instead result in flame fests, insults and threats.. total waste of time.

Stern, i love u man (no not in that way :p ) and it sucks when people dump on u when u make some valid points...i don't believe its too far fetched to think the average American has his/her head in the sand.. it just becomes a problem when people here don't want to acknowledge it and rather come back with an insult or threat.

never understood why the staff here went along with political section anyway.

Tr0n said:

I dont recall not even one occasion ...i do recall specific times when other people have stood up for me but not you ...look if anyone threatened a member here I'd be the first person to slam that person ...even if the victem was gh0st I'd still stick up for him because it's WRONG

Tr0n said:

and so you should, as do I

Tr0n said:
That's usually because you said something political to upset them.

and that excuses them? that makes it "ok"? I dont ****ing care if they said canada was a walking aids infested country full of cheese eating surrender monkeys. It doesnt justify verbal abuse or physical threats ..nothing does

Tr0n said:
:p I'm talking about on the norm...like kids going "ZOMG YOU SUXS XBOX SUXS YOU PUSSY" and so on.

well they shouldnt be in the politics forum in the first palce ...not too mention that there's maybe a handful of people who do that here anyways ..I'm talking about people we all know ...sure some were banned but others are still here

back on topic: dont mean to derail your thread No Limit ...but it pisses me off when I'm attacked for idiotic reasons

Dr. Freeman said:
and this is why i don't come to the politics part of this site :x
regardless of who makes whatever good points.. they get overlooked and instead result in flame fests, insults and threats.. total waste of time.

Stern, i love u man (no not in that way :p )

thanks man, i love you too (in that way :naughty:)

Dr. Freeman said:
and it sucks when people dump on u when u make some valid points...i don't believe its too far fetched to think the average American has his/her head in the sand.. it just becomes a problem when people here don't want to acknowledge it and rather come back with an insult or threat.

I truely try not to respond but something in me compels me to

Dr. Freeman said:
never understood why the staff here went along with political section anyway.

I think it's cuz they were sick of politics dominating the off-topic forum ..and to be fair they did create it during the last election ...shortly after bush "won" and the internet imploded

CptStern said:
back on topic: dont mean to derail your thread No Limit ...but it pisses me off when I'm attacked for idiotic reasons
No problem, we both have to deal with it. In the end I think it actually helps us though so I could careless when it is directed at me. I'd love for one of these people to actually try to play out their threat against this 6 foot, 230 pound, beretta carrying (I know you don't support that ;) ) liberal. :naughty:

heh I dont carry a baretta (no need to in canada) ..but I'm 6 foot 2 and know how to crush someone ....with my mind :O

my favourite saying (which I made up) is "bruises heal, a bruised ego lasts a lifetime"

sorry I just needed to get this off my chest ...a day doesnt go by that I'm not attacked by someone

btw I dont really fault you for carrying a gun ...there's a big difference between it being a tool of neccesity and something that needs to be worshipped as an instrument of power. BTW my american cousins all have guns

No Limit said:
No problem, we both have to deal with it. In the end I think it actually helps us though so I could careless when it is directed at me. I'd love for one of these people to actually try to play out their threat against this 6 foot, 230 pound, beretta carrying (I know you don't support that ;) ) liberal. :naughty:

They cant, people you make threats almost never carry them out

EG - Someone threatened me (and he knew where i lived) To cut my balls off and mail them to my mom...that was three years ago.
Wasnt he a hard-case? :dozey:

And Stern, you've got me and No-Limit to help crush people with our minds :imu:
We rule :E

Llama said:
And Stern, you've got me and No-Limit to help crush people woth our minds :imu:
We rule :E

wow that's like a bermuda triangle of mind **** porportions!!

I'm wondering where the hell the other national guard troops are to help with relief. Oh wait that's right...they're off in Iraq.

you know I dont mind arguing with people with the opposite POV ...but in the time "ve been here I've never seen you concede a point ...never. I cant think of anyone else who's done the same
Neither have you. Furthermore dont blame me for other's attacks against you. I've stayed out of that 99% of the time.

But like Stern said, I think this is just an easy way out. I work 50 hours a week on top of trying to run my own business. I still try and come in here to have a good debate. I post here more than any other board. if you truly believed in Bush you would spend 15 minutes a day to come in here and defend him. But for some reason after I proved Bush lied and should be impeached you fell off the face of the earth.
I dont need to argue on a halflife 2 forum for 15 minutes a day to hold political opinions. Easy way out? Nah, I've been here debating for almost 2 years. I've been spending less time here over the last few months because of end of senior year events, and a demanding summer schedule before college (I think that makes more sense than you're paranoia). Dont blame my life for creating this schedule. My classes started on the 29th, and I need to spend much more time focusing on them than I did high school. And no, I wont respond to you're other points. I'm done arguing politics on this forum. End of story. Say I'm dodging your points if you want, but just remember I've been here for 2 years. At some point everyone needs to move on. There are others here to debate with, I dont see why you guys obsess over me.

And thanks tr0n, I think my life is my business. Dont attack me for making my own decisions. I wish you guys all the best, and I'll leave it at that.

seinfeldrules said:
Neither have you.

yes, yes I have ..ask Hapless. There's more than one occasion where I've conceded a point ..in fact I've done it a number of times

I beive someone even had it in there sig,

Life goal was beat Stern with a political point.

And he did that (apperntly).

Seinfeld it does seem you are leaving becuase you are fighting a losing war, Wheneve stern or No-limit make a decent point, you often don't reply. Youre seriously saying you are going to spend all youre life doing college work? Im sure if you wanted you could keep posting here.

I think sterns right to be a little angry, ever since ive been here sterns been, 'Kicking republican butt since 1909' ,lol j/k. When people through HOURS of there time into a thread, only to recieve no reply this must be pretty annoying.

And if what Stern says is true, and Im sure it is about these threats, gives him more right to be angry. That always seems to be the way of the right, when you lose an argument use violence. Now I know you dont do that seinfeld, but in my experience it generally is that way.

Now, No limit is calling you out, I think you owe him the time hes spent in these forums debating to reply to it, besides this isnt the way to leave, one last debate, leave hounerably.

solaris152000 said:
And if what Stern says is true, and Im sure it is about these threats, gives him more right to be angry. That always seems to be the way of the right, when you lose an argument use violence. Now I know you dont do that seinfeld, but in my experience it generally is that way.

I am right

posted not 10 minutes ago

ChareltonHeston said:
Cpt. Stern, you are scum.

You make me sick Stern. Libs like you that have the nerve to spin the way you do.

These guns, the 2ndAmd, wich you so demonize is helping save lives right now. You of of course would rather people be helpless victims and die instead. Typical neutered brit. Every human being has the right to life and the right to defend that life and their property.

How dare you.

C.H.

Ye I read that.

Just reading the headlines.

"People fire on Rescue helicopters"
"Gunsshots heard inside FEMA camp"

Oh yes, thank god for guns.

Stern said:
I am right
I never doubted you. I was just watching the local council meeting last right, and the extreme right wing nazi party which holds about 8% of the seats, had a bunch of skinheads in the gallery trying to intidate other councillors.

Its amazing how low people will go.

Ive always respected you for perserveriring like you do, every day in this subforum.
With people like you and no limit, maybe well live another 10 years before M.A.D. fails. ;)

Seinfeld it does seem you are leaving becuase you are fighting a losing war, Wheneve stern or No-limit make a decent point, you often don't reply. Youre seriously saying you are going to spend all youre life doing college work? Im sure if you wanted you could keep posting here.

I think sterns right to be a little angry, ever since ive been here sterns been, 'Kicking republican butt since 1909' ,lol j/k. When people through HOURS of there time into a thread, only to recieve no reply this must be pretty annoying.

Now, No limit is calling you out, I think you owe him the time hes spent in these forums debating to reply to it, besides this isnt the way to leave, one last debate, leave hounerably.
Sigh, I've been posting here for far longer than you, that means you of all people have no right to say anything about me leaving. Now get off my nuts (go back to stern and no limit's) and say something constructive. And yes, I will be spending most of my time doing work (along with other college activities). Dont you understand that this isnt a game? College will be the stepping stone for my entire life. It isnt something to throw away. Maybe when you get older you'll understand.

We need to liberate hurricane Katrina. She has WMD's.

solaris152000 said:
I never doubted you. I was just watching the local council meeting last right, and the extreme right wing nazi party which holds about 8% of the seats, had a bunch of skinheads in the gallery trying to intidate other councillors.

Its amazing how low people will go.

Ive always respected you for perserveriring like you do, every day in this subforum.
With people like you and no limit, maybe well live another 10 years before M.A.D. fails. ;)

thx for the compliments :)

you brits should storm parliament grab those bloody skin heads beat them within an inch of their lives and send them to Baghdad

oh and seinfeldrules must you always point out that wherever someone agrees with me, he must kissing my ass ...earth to seinfeld people agree with it because IT MAKES SENSE

oh and seinfeldrules must you always point out that wherever someone agrees with me, he must kissing my ass ...earth to seinfeld people agree with it because IT MAKES SENSE
Do you have absolutely no respect? I need to focus on school. That means all this extra waste of time (ex. this entire thread) needs to end. That is a much more reasonable explanation than your theory. How did I know you couldnt just say good bye in a respectful manner and move on (as I did)? Its insane how stalkerish you people are. I wouldnt make inane accusations if you decided to spend more time with your kids, or work. Please show me the same respect.

I've been posting here longer the 90% of you. :D

I get a cookie?

seinfeldrules said:
Do you have absolutely no respect? I need to focus on school. That means all this extra waste of time (ex. this entire thread) needs to end. That is a much more reasonable explanation than your theory. How did I know you couldnt just say good bye in a respectful manner and move on (as I did)? Its insane how stalkerish you people are. I wouldnt make inane accusations if you decided to spend more time with your kids, or work. Please show me the same respect.
I've never agreed with you on a single argument you've put forth, (actually I agree with Stern most of the time) but this is ridiculous. Seinfeld, have a good time at college and do all you can there. Posting on here would be a waste of time when you're in a learning environment, and if others can't see that and just want to continue the same old argument then that's their problem. Best of Luck

seinfeldrules said:
I really do wish you the best of luck in life. Hopefully college will make you a little smarter and you will stop buying all the bullshit this administration feeds you.

If you leave fine. To be honest I will miss you around here; lately there hasn't been a single Republican that I can have a rational debate with. I still think that you will have time to post here but you are just choosing not to for whatever reason. If you do get a chance on the weekend or something do come back and refute what I said, you wouldn't want us pesky liberals to be right now would you?

Icarusintel said:
wonder if there'd be any complaints if the money was cut for their funding to go to aid for african countries....:|
We don't have to worry about Bush doing anything like that, so it's nothing we have to consider.

Of course, we'd complain much less if the money went to saving lives rather than ending them.

Just reading the headlines.

"People fire on Rescue helicopters"
"Gunsshots heard inside FEMA camp"

Oh yes, thank god for guns.
Oh yes, it's ALL the gun's fault! Let's blame the guns! Because they have minds of their own and don't require a human to operate them! *sigh*

seinfeldrules said:

did you read what I wrote cuz I dont think you did, cuz if you did, you wouldnt have said what you did ...how am I disrespecting you? you said someone was kissing my ass. what was I supposed to say? ..yes?

CptStern said:
yes, yes I have ..ask Hapless. There's more than one occasion where I've conceded a point ..in fact I've done it a number of times
He has conceded to me. On a point of fact though, not on philosophy. As far as pots and kettles go, I have made points in the past on this forum which No Limit, Stern and others have never responded to. I have also been absent from the forum quite a bit recently, due to real life issues. It also serves no purpose for me to post an argument in one of No Limit's unlimited :)dozey: ) Bush-bashing threads, especially when he starts calling me and others idiots, morons and the like. That kind of thing is useful on occasion to make a point, but is it really necessary in every single thread??:dozey:

BTW, I have never threatened you, Stern. I find it odd that you would take a threat made by some jerk-off on the internet seriously anyway. I get threatened on a daily basis face to face. I'm still here, much to your chagrin...:naughty:

Hapless said:
He has conceded to me. On a point of fact though, not on philosophy.

I didnt even know right-wingers knew what that was ;)

Hapless said:
As far as pots and kettles go, I have made points in the past on this forum which No Limit, Stern and others have never responded to.

same goes for you ...and I've never run from an argument ...I may have dropped out of an argument out of sheer boredom but I dont run from challenges ..oh and sometimes I miss the post all together ..which I'm sure you can relate to cuz there's some responses from you I'm still waiting on (cant remember which ...I have over 12,000 posts ..gets hard to track them all)

Hapless said:
I have also been absent from the forum quite a bit recently, due to real life issues. It also serves no purpose for me to post an argument in one of No Limit's unlimited :)dozey: ) Bush-bashing threads, especially when he starts calling me and others idiots, morons and the like. That kind of thing is useful on occasion to make a point, but is it really necessary in every single thread??:dozey:

I've never seen him call you that ...and to be honest there were many occasions where the insult was justified (not always) ..not saying you but some of our right-wingers say some pretty horrible stuff about gays, liberals, abortion etc

Hapless said:
BTW, I have never threatened you, Stern.

I never said you did ...in fact I've often commented on how rational you are. That cant be said for every right winger

Hapless said:
I find it odd that you would take a threat made by some jerk-off on the internet seriously anyway.

I have a family, I take EVERY threat to the welfare of my family seriously. I come here to participate in this community, I'm not here to be insulted or threatened

Hapless said:
I get threatened on a daily basis face to face.

you're a police officer, I'm a web designer

Hapless said:
I'm still here, much to your chagrin...:naughty:

I dont know why you would say that ..I dont think you're hateful and I dont fear you so I dont see why you would think I wouldnt want you around

On the original point of this thread: I am somewhat appalled, but it saddens me how unsurprised I am by that. :(

EDIT:

Dear Cpt. Stern.

You're a web designer? HOW DARE YOU YOU ARE RUINING AMERICA YOU SHOULD BE SHOT! BY REDNECKS!!!11

:upstare:

Hapless said:
He has conceded to me. On a point of fact though, not on philosophy. As far as pots and kettles go, I have made points in the past on this forum which No Limit, Stern and others have never responded to. I have also been absent from the forum quite a bit recently, due to real life issues. It also serves no purpose for me to post an argument in one of No Limit's unlimited :)dozey: ) Bush-bashing threads, especially when he starts calling me and others idiots, morons and the like. That kind of thing is useful on occasion to make a point, but is it really necessary in every single thread??:dozey:

BTW, I have never threatened you, Stern. I find it odd that you would take a threat made by some jerk-off on the internet seriously anyway. I get threatened on a daily basis face to face. I'm still here, much to your chagrin...:naughty:
I don't recall ever calling you an idiot. From what I recall I always try to be respectful to you (http://www.halflife2.net/forums/showpost.php?p=1486906&postcount=22) If I did I apologize as I think you are one of the few people here on the right I can actually have a good discussion with. Second, if I don't respond to one of your points feel free to PM me, I do miss some threads sometimes. Believe it or not I am not a hard headed liberal who believes I am always right, ghost I think knows this when we had a discussion on stem cells and I think many more do from other discussions in the past 3 years I've been here.

I think this whole "another one of No Limit's Bush Bashing threads" needs to stop. If you think I am bashing Bush point out how I am wrong or how I don't have a right to call him on his failures. Again, we have these damn personal discussions in every thread lately and it is getting old. There hasn't been a single thread I made in the last month or so that didn't turn in to a discussion about partisanship. If you don't like what I post just do us all a favor and stay out, I really don't know why people have so much trouble with this.

Sulkdodds said:
Dear Cpt. Stern.

You're a web designer? HOW DARE YOU YOU ARE RUINING AMERICA YOU SHOULD BE SHOT! BY REDNECKS!!!11

:upstare:

well I considered being a Flamenco Dancer but that didnt pan out ...besides Ruining America™ is much more fun :E

After reading this (and many other political threads) I can't help but agree with the group of people, stating how much they admire your political opinions, CptStern and No Limit.

The way the Bush administration is acting sometimes is just inhuman.
I'd like to see some right-wing nut to make a good counter argument against this one, sad Sienfeldrules gave up the struggle. :(

Back