FFXIII and Versus XIII

Amazing! I especially loved versus xiii (it just seems more interesting to me than xiii)

Not impressed..

But then again, I hate most JRPGs these days..

I wish Square Enix would just do a remake of FFVII on the PS3, THAT I would LOVE.

And besides, Nobuo Uematsu ain't doing the music for the XIII games, and his music was one of the hallmarks of the FF series for me.

And besides, Nobuo Uematsu ain't doing the music for the XIII games, and his music was one of the hallmarks of the FF series for me.

I don't know, I really like the music in the first trailer...

Bleh. More Final Fantasy... Will it ever end?
I want another STALKER.

Acepilotf14, why? STALKER was nowhere close to its original concept..

And it seems like it's just STALKER with new 'levels' and some new armor etc.:)

The true 'STALKER' is called Metro 2033, it's being made by the majority of the original STALKER dev team whom left GSC to make the true STALKER because GSC wouldn't let them.

Oh well back on topic, the characters in FFXIII look less gay than the boy you play in XII atleast.:)

Not impressed..

But then again, I hate most JRPGs these days..

I wish Square Enix would just do a remake of FFVII on the PS3, THAT I would LOVE.

What does the "J" in JRPG mean? Are those the single player RPG's like Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest? I agree though. Square/Enix should quit being stubborn and do a FFVII remake. With all the FFVII fanboys, they're sure to make tons of cash so, what are they afraid of? That a next-gen FFVII would not meet the expectations of the fans, ensuring their imminent doom as a JRPG leader?

XII was one of the best FF games ever imho. The only one better was Tactics and that wasn't even a proper FF game. If XIII is anything like XII then we are all in for a serious treat.

Saturos, the J stands for "Japanese", to differentiate Japanese-style RPGs from Western style.

Ironically enough, the first Japanese computerized RPGs were inspired by the Western RPG series "Ultima".:)

Again, they used CG trailers to draw in gamers. How about using some real time gameplay scenes?

XII was one of the best FF games ever imho. The only one better was Tactics and that wasn't even a proper FF game. If XIII is anything like XII then we are all in for a serious treat.

agreed.
FF12 was a fantastic game
i hope they stick with the real-time turned based hybrid combat system... i really liked it

Again, they used CG trailers to draw in gamers. How about using some real time gameplay scenes?

There was real gameplay in the first trailer. Did you not see the numbers popping up all over the screen? Besides, Square's CG is so damn amazing, I personally don't mind their trailers.

I liked FFXII too. It more than made up for that atrocity that was FF X-2, or even FFX for that matter.:p

STALKER: Clear Sky looks okay. I looked that up after I had finished STALKER, said early 2008 or something. Looks like an expansion pack to me, though. Err..
Okay, How about a STALKER in a different location? Maybe a devestated Los Angeles or New York City? OH yeah, the game was made by the Ruskies! The Pripyat section was so fun.. it's like a continuous firefight that you don't have to be a part of. Oh man, I ran into a room, and, oh snap, there are like 12 soldiers. D:!
ruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuun
I ran.

Wow nice stuff, never got to play 12 but I would if i could :(. Anyone care to explain to me whats the difference between ffXIII and FFXIII versus?

Wow nice stuff, never got to play 12 but I would if i could :(. Anyone care to explain to me whats the difference between ffXIII and FFXIII versus?

FFXIII will follow the story of Lightning, and will play like a traditional FF game.

FF Versus XIII has a young male protagonist and will play more like Kingdom Hearts with some 3rd person shooter elements.

Both games are set in the same universe, but the stories are not necessarily related.

People REALLY need to stop with the "oh, thats the one reason to own a ps3." MGS4 is the only reason. FF13 is the only reason. GTA4 is the only reason. Haze is the only reason. GT5 is the only reason. Drakes Fortune is the only reason. God of War 3 is the only reason. Do me a favor, just because you can't afford the shiny george forman grill doesn't mean you can leave cheesy 360 fanboy one-liners every time something good for the ps3 gets announced, shut the **** up.

On a side note, I'm definitely picking both of those up, regardless of the reviews.

People REALLY need to stop with the "oh, thats the one reason to own a ps3." MGS4 is the only reason. FF13 is the only reason. GTA4 is the only reason. Haze is the only reason. GT5 is the only reason. Drakes Fortune is the only reason. God of War 3 is the only reason. Do me a favor, just because you can't afford the shiny george forman grill doesn't mean you can leave cheesy 360 fanboy one-liners every time something good for the ps3 gets announced, shut the **** up.

On a side note, I'm definitely picking both of those up, regardless of the reviews.
Erm, you are aware GTA4 isn't a PS3 exclusive right? Infact Microsoft paid Rockstar a shitload of money for a ton of exclusive DLCs for the 360 version..

Seems someone hit a PS3 fanboys weakpoint eh.:)

FFXIII will follow the story of Lightning, and will play like a traditional FF game.

FF Versus XIII has a young male protagonist and will play more like Kingdom Hearts with some 3rd person shooter elements.

Both games are set in the same universe, but the stories are not necessarily related.
Oh ok thanks, well hopefully they wont **** this up like they did with that bouncer game or KH 2.

Erm, you are aware GTA4 isn't a PS3 exclusive right? Infact Microsoft paid Rockstar a shitload of money for a ton of exclusive DLCs for the 360 version..

Seems someone hit a PS3 fanboys weakpoint eh.:)

Ok, replace GTA4 with LittleBigPlanet, SOCOM, Afrika, Warhawk, Heavenly Sword, Resistance, Killzone 2, Motor Storm 1 and 2, Ratchet and Clank, and Tekken 6. Looking at it from a broad perspective, PS3 has a lot more going for it than either of the other systems.

Ok, replace GTA4 with LittleBigPlanet, SOCOM, Afrika, Warhawk, Heavenly Sword, Resistance, Killzone 2, Motor Storm 1 and 2, Ratchet and Clank, and Tekken 6. Looking at it from a broad perspective, PS3 has a lot more going for it than either of the other systems.
Haha, on that list there's only 3 games that actually interest me.

Africa, Ratchet'n'Clank and the Motorstorm games.

I personally think the 360 has alot more games that make me wanna buy it than the PS3, but in the end its a matter of personal preference.

I myself only bought the PS3 because I love the MGS series and couldn't abide not having MGS4 when it releases.

On that list I am interested in ratchet and clank and ...............hmmm give me 5 minutes :dozey:

I could say the same thing about 360 and wii. If YOUR not interested in them doesnt mean the system sucks, it just doesnt interest YOU. On the other hand there's plenty of people who ARE interested in all of these games, and feel very different from you. I could make a halo 3 joke for every 360 thread that gets made but I dont.

I guess we can make this the official FFXIII thread.

anyway the game is really fun. yeah the first few levels are easy as cake, then the shit hits the fan and you actually have to pay attention and stop spamming the auto attack button. I really like the quality of the gameplay, graphics and sounds. Very polished game, one minor complaint though is that when exploring, you'll hear some conversations between characters and if your out of range you can barely hear a word. then you'll walk in mid sentence and not know what they were saying. a patch could easily fix this, but other than that i love it! i'm about 8 hrs in and really I'm just scratching the surface of this game. anyone else get it??

Oh my god I got so excited to see a Stage6 player. I was like holy shit it's back. And then I was disappointed.

Oh my god I got so excited to see a Stage6 player. I was like holy shit it's back. And then I was disappointed.

I know, I downloaded it plugin and everything for Chrome, then I was like :|

Moving on...

I really feel like the internet's reaction to this game is a classic case of just repeating what's already been said. Ever since the first few articles about the Japanese import surfaced, there's been nothing but talk about how this game is literally "run forward, enter battle, mash x, repeat".

First of all, except for arguably XII, that's what Final Fantasy has ALWAYS been. The "exploration" areas are corridors with evenly spaced battles. FFXIII's areas are no different, except they're much, much prettier, which makes the whole ordeal much more tolerable. I distinctly remember the deified FFVII playing the exact same way - slogging through battle after battle to get to that next delicious cutscene. And the missing world map, which has the whole internet in a tizzy, was nothing but an infuriating random battle conveyor.

So then there's the "mash x" part. That'll get you killed faster than Lightning (HA) in FFXIII. The battle system is possibly the high point of the whole experience, and it makes that slog to the next cutscene, well... fun.

Not that I don't crave more NPC interaction, and towns, and all of the little things that the other Final Fantasies had to break up the slog. But the core gameplay of this one is the exact same, except this time, it's actually fun.

also Square always changes things up in their games just a little to make things more fun. but if you like FF games, get this one for sure!

I admit I am NOT a final fantasy fan but the style of this game and changes make this more appealing than any game since FF 8 which was the last and only FF I have played. Yes That's right I've not played FF7...meh :|

I MIGHT rent this if I sign up to lovefilm (which I am planning to do).

I really didn't "get" the game when I tried it. To be fair I didn't get too far, maybe 6-8 hours in, but it really failed to catch my attention despite seeing potential in the battle system.

Also why are there two women in this game with australian accents? Is this going to become a "thing" now just because Mass Effect 2 did it? Yeah, it was kind of sexy in an isolated and NON-ANNOYING way (this part is key, talkin' to you Vanille's VA), but can we move on please?

http://news.vgchartz.com/news.php?id=7445

9a8t49.jpg

Back