FIFA World Cup

Well that was laughable. If ever show ANY kind of hope for England again I request to be kicked in the balls hard. I mean yes the decision to disallow Lampard's goal was one of the worst decisions I have seen in my entire life, but at the end of the day, our defense was just so bad I was actually laughing at them. Bunch of clowns, they should all just retire from international football, bring on the next bunch of **** ups.

Lol England. So, so shit.

maybe the US and england can combine to form a team with adequate skill for the next world cup

dont worry british,you still have my support

*<RJMC> wave a british flag,only one doing it in a bunch of people staring at him silently*

Interesting. I thought all the good football/soccer players were all in Great Britain.

Interesting. I thought all the good football/soccer players were all in Great Britain.

germany had the equivalent of a panzer division on the field apparently

Sven-Göran doesn't seem so bad now, does he? He at least took you to the quarter finals each of the three times.

Mostly the opposite is true.

The English premier league is supposedly the best / one of the best leagues in the world, but all the players are foreign.

It's like we out-sourced our talent.

We weren't so good today, but we all knew we couldn't win it. Just a shame to go out to the old enemy.

It wasn't down to Germany being really good really, it was just shocking defending. Germany are good enough to finish their chances and jump on opportunities, and England just kept handing them out.

And yes numbers, we do produce some of the best players, and have the best football league in the world, but some reason, our international side cannot play football. Its one of the biggest mysteries of them all. We are simply incapable of winning anything, I don't think we ever will again to be perfectly honest. 1966 was just a miracle.

Are you perhaps confusing English Premier League players with the English national football team?

Edit: nevermind

Oh, the match is over. The better team won. :D

Sven-Göran doesn't seem so bad now, does he? He at least took you to the quarter finals each of the three times.

I thought Sven was the best manager we had for...well, since I can remember in my lifetime. It was ****ing idiotic to get rid of him, typical us taxi driver experts think we should get rid of him.

I can't wait for the headlines tomorrow, probably going to be blaming Fab. If we had beaten the US like we should have, and if we had beaten Algeria like we should have, we wouldn't be playing Germany.

The forward part of the team actually played very well, but our defense was VERY flattering to the Germans. Every single goal was a defensive error, or a long ball hoofed in not being dealt with. Bloody Heskey injuring our best CB.

Still, it could be worse, I could be German. Life has a funny way of balancing these things out.

Wow, what an ass-whipping for the English. Germany were just playing with them the whole second half.

BWahahaha. England lose and crash out to Germany. Sick burn.

I love how cocky everyone has been up to the game, and then they get deservedly smashed 4-1. Nothing positive at all to say.

Oh today gets better and better.

To be sure, to be sure. Toi toi toi toi.

Haw haw :p Fact remains for our size Ireland tend to punch above our weight, while England play below theirs.

Anyway wonderful counter-attack play from Germany.

Germany was quicker, both in terms of running and in terms of passing the ball. England was simply too slow for the German counters. The better team won.

I'm half welsh and hate football, I don't even know why I'm getting mad.

Oh right, stella.

Alas, England is good at nothing.

Wow, what a match. I bet that linesman will never do a match again. Still, deserved win for Germany.

I seem to remember that was the Republic of Ireland, not Northern Ireland.

Ours isn't much better.

What? They've made 3 appearances in the world cup.

We have won it once and appeared 13 times.

Oh lawl someone is so bitter and mad :D

Football is meant to be your national sport, it isn't ours :)

I'm a citizen of the Republic of Ireland. :cool:

Your location profile says otherwise! D:

What? They've made 3 appearances in the world cup.

We have won it once and appeared 13 times.

Yes we won it once and everyone keeps on going on about it. But that was freak occurrence. That last good team we had. The mere fact that Northern Ireland, despite always having a lackluster team reaching the finals 3 times, stands up well to the premise that England have reached the world cup finals 13 times, every time having a team full of great players, and not once, even reaching the finals. Most of the time we were battered by the bigger teams, or pussied out on penalties.

We are England. We created the game. We have always created amazing players. The fact that we have won it only once in the history of the world cup is, as you said, hilarious, to me.

Oh lawl someone is so bitter and mad :D

Football is meant to be your national sport, it isn't ours :)

Damn, Gay-Lick football and hurling really showed me.

Just making the age old point about people in glass houses, that's all.

Yes we won it once and everyone keeps on going on about it. But that was freak occurrence. That last good team we had. The mere fact that Northern Ireland, despite always having a lackluster team reaching the finals 3 times, stands up well to the premise that England have reached the world cup finals 13 times, every time having a team full of great players, and no once, even reaching the finals. Most of the time we were battered by the bigger teams, or pussied out on penalties.

We are England. We created the game. We have always created amazing players. The fact that we have one it only once in the history of the world cup is, as you said, hilarious, to me.

At least we have won it. We have always underachieved and never managed to repeat the feat, but at least we're a regular feature in the finals.

3 would have been awesome, but the likes of Brazil and Spain are always going to stand in our way, they just keep generating more phenomenal players.

We need to get our kids off the fags, booze, and pies and playing football.

At least we have won it. We have always underachieved and never managed to repeat the feat, but at least we're a regular feature in the finals.

Yes, a regular comedy feature. All the other nations are laughing at us and so they should.

the likes of Brazil and Spain are always going to stand in our way

And Portugal? Germany? Croatia? The list goes on..

Location says nothing about citizenship. Especially in Northern Ireland. :)

I agree with the rest of your post, England consistently under-perform.
Damn, Gay-Lick football and hurling really showed me.

Just making the age old point about people in glass houses, that's all.

Baw, like you care if I throw bricks at other losing teams?

Gaelic Football and Hurling have some major plus points versus the modern soccer leagues btw, no prima-donnas, local players for local teams, all amateurs/semi-pros with other jobs rather than £100k a week playboys. The Premier League would be far more watchable if it was more like the Irish national sports.

Gaelic Football and Hurling have some major plus points versus the modern soccer leagues btw, no prima-donnas, local players for local teams, all amateurs/semi-pros with other jobs rather than £100k a week playboys. The Premier League would be far more watchable if it was more like the Irish national sports.

Football in general would. The team that won the world cup for England were on basic wages, they were just normal people, not likes today's footballers who view themselves above everyone else. The pay these players get is absolutely shocking.

Much better offensively in this game, horrific defensively. Moving Terry across was a bad decision - should have played Dawson. I wonder if Ferdinand had been fit how different that story would have been. Also Franks goal being disallowed is incredible.

Another comical thing is the amount of blame and random finger pointing from the part time football tourists who just watch 3 English international games and don't follow the football leagues, cups and champions league. It's infectious and seems to have hit our forums too.

I must admit it is cheering me up though. My remaining Dutch blood from my mum is fully behind the oranges now.

Yes, a regular comedy feature. All the other nations are laughing at us and so they should.

And Portugal? Germany? Croatia? The list goes on..

If they're laughing it's because we seem to think;

1. We have some divine right to win it
2. Because we invented the sport, we will be the best forever

This is, of course completely stupid. They have every right to laugh at us, because that's how we (fans) act.

This was a particularly crap tournament all round for us, but we reached the quarters in 2002 and 2006 so we're clearly no joke.

I could have mentioned Portugal etc, but rather than insult everyone's intelligence by listing every team that might cause us problems, i said "the likes of". Also, you forgot Argentina :LOL:

We reached the quarter finals and crashed out in the same fashion, players not playing to their potential, the team itself not working properly. Big ****ing deal if we reached the quarter finals. The basic premise is, that we have always had a really good England team, and we have rarely given anything spectacular, its not just the one or two times, its EVERY time now. We didn't even get that far this time. We are very clearly, a joke. Anyone who says otherwise really needs a reality check.

I must admit it is cheering me up though. My remaining Dutch blood from my mum is fully behind the oranges now.

I too am gunning for Holland now, really want to see Van Persie scoring some goals so he is raring to go for Arsenal's new season.

...Baw, like you care if I throw bricks at other losing teams?

Throw bricks at whichever team you like, just keep in mind that it could be construed as a petty act of jealousy, that's all. I won't be cheering if Germany are knocked out, although i won't be supporting them. I guess i'd like Brazil to win, as they are by far the best to watch IMO.

This looks funny, but why are girls playing it? :S

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4GKlbk2J_o

Back