Finding A game I like

Idonno >_<

Reaction score
I just recently began to play The Sims 2, and I am trying to find any other games for a PC, similar to it. I did not care for Sim City. Any ideas would be a great help.

that space game. planetopia or something? where your the owner of a space station

Thanks for the suggestions. I will check them both out.

I am still open to ideas, so don't hesitate to suggest anything else.

Aparently the Desperate House Wives game is similar to the Sims 2. More story based aparently but still good.

The Sims series is really one of a kind.

Ignoring all the shitty clones.

What kinds of games do you like?
I'm going to assume simulations.
Get... hmmmmmmmmmmm...... I mean, get.... err... WARHAMMER 40000 DAWN OF WAR
not a sim, but who cares? ITS ULTIMATE FUN.

You're a god, in the black and white series. I heard 2 wasn't wonderful, but I liked the first well enough.

buy Diablo, the original, probably doesn't cost more than 5 dollars. Ah, so many great memories

You're a god, in the black and white series. I heard 2 wasn't wonderful, but I liked the first well enough.

I get to be God?! I always knew God was a girl, this world it too colorful for a boy to have created it. I hear the second one is prettier. If I dont like it, I am sure Ikky will play it. LOL. :p

God is serious business.

Soldier of Fortune 2. Play it. Now. Now. Now. Now. Now. Now.

For the Hell of it, try Painkiller.

I apperate all the help, I am not so sure that a First Person Shooter game is best for me tho. I know that Ikky might enjoy them but games is something that we dont agree on.

Another question: Does anyone know of a site that will list games and maybe a little bit of information about them?
To help stretch out the type of games I would enjoy.

How about Cutesy Rainbow Attraction Lovelove 2: The Bloodening?

Now with 63% more unicorn decapitations.

The Movies is good. For about a month or so... then you get sick of all your whiney actors and your somewhat limited film-making capabilities.

How about Cutesy Rainbow Attraction Lovelove 2: The Bloodening?

Now with 63% more unicorn decapitations.

HaHa very funny. Just cuz I am a girl dont assume that I like Rainbows and Unicorns. LOL (dont tell anyone but Ikerous does too)

The Movies is a good choice too. Fahrenheit (In USA: Indigo Prophecy) is also very, very awesome. BTW, get Lego Star Wars 1 and 2 and play it together with Ikerous. It is SO MUCH GODDAMN FUN.

I think the person who suggested The Singles may have been joking, although it's probably the most like The Sims of the games mentioned.

If you're thinking in terms of The Sims and Black & White sounds interesting, you should probably keep an occasional eye on Spore and get it when it comes out.

You may also like Adventure games. I hear Dreamfall is good, and it's out on Steam. If an emphasis on combat isn't a turn off, there's plenty of good RPGs out there. (Computer RPGs don't want to admit that they're a sub-genre of Adventure games, only with an emphasis on character customization and non-insult-based combat, but they are.)

Another question: Does anyone know of a site that will list games and maybe a little bit of information about them?
To help stretch out the type of games I would enjoy.

Someone earlier suggested GameSpy and such sites. Truth be known, such sites are much better for keeping up on current gaming news than they are for learning about games that are already out. I recommend:

www.metacritic.com - Review index of books, games, movies, TV, music and DVDs. Good site.

www.gamerankings.com - Review index similar to metacritic, but just for games. IMO not as good an interface.

www.wikipedia.com - Of course. The standard depository for all knowledge in the universe. Be sure to avoid spoilers.

TimeSplitters: Future Perfect.

It's an FPS, but it's fairly simple and provides a couple of laughs.

Oh yeah, try a bunch of old Lucasarts adventure games. Grim Fandango in particular.

I would also recommend the Roller Coaster Tycoon series. The first two have a very different feel from the third. I personaly enjoyed the first two more. Definatly worth the 10 bucks that they probably are now.

HaHa very funny. Just cuz I am a girl dont assume that I like Rainbows and Unicorns. LOL (dont tell anyone but Ikerous does too)
If you liked unicorns then why would you cut off their heads? Why? Why would you do that? :(

Back