Fire Emblem Awakening or any Fire Emblem fans on Valvetime?

SnakeTheLegend

Vortigaunt
Reaction score
I have been playing Fire Emblem Awakening for the 3ds lately because I have been extremely busy and the game play pretty much satiates my quick need for a deep strategy game. I have been a fan of the series ever since Smash Bros introduced Marth and the first GBA game. My questions are if any of you are playing fire emblem awakening or are fire emblem fans? I would also like to know what character relationships you are building and who are you marrying in the game? I am interested to hear what types of characters you are pairing up since it is a huge game play component. I just really enjoy the whole series immensely. I am interested in your thoughts on the series.
Fire-Emblem-Awakening.jpg

there's a shin megami tensei x fire emblem crossover game coming soon

you havbe no icedea how xdi ^ exi *exiocted *Excited i am

maining the shit out of Demi-Fiend if possible

2417857-kkiii.jpg

Was just playing Awakening in fact, on Chapter 7 right now. Also got the Knights of Iris artbook, beats the shit out of that gamestop pamphlet they were offering.

F955ajT.jpg

H6E8EC6.jpg

wJGjKf9.jpg

5c3i3dJ.jpg

PgU5CNY.jpg

Bcx4Wqb.jpg

E0qntIv.jpg

LQtAZ5i.jpg

What are they like? All I know is it's some sort of weird mix between RPG and TBT.

The battles are TBT, all units move in a single turn and then the enemy does the same. It can be difficult because even though you can see the number of spaces the enemy can move in advance, if you have some character standing in one of their paths (even in an open field), it won't show that they can actually move farther. So when you move that character, all of a sudden the enemy is able to move 1 more space than you thought and they'll kill your healer when you thought they were safe. It requires knowing your enemy and what they're capable of. The RPG is character development, pairings increase support and opposite genders can get married, the offspring are then available battle units whose stats depend on the parents.

WHAT KIND OF SICK MAN SENDS BABIES TO FIGHT

there's a shin megami tensei x fire emblem crossover game coming soon

you havbe no icedea how xdi ^ exi *exiocted *Excited i am

maining the shit out of Demi-Fiend if possible

2417857-kkiii.jpg

I am extremely excited for this cross-over as well. I recently just got into the Shin-Megami series hearing how well made they are. (They are made by ATLUS, who I think make incredible games) Currently I am trying to beat Digital Devil Saga #1 and then #2. Any recommendations for any other SM titles?

The battles are TBT, all units move in a single turn and then the enemy does the same. It can be difficult because even though you can see the number of spaces the enemy can move in advance, if you have some character standing in one of their paths (even in an open field), it won't show that they can actually move farther. So when you move that character, all of a sudden the enemy is able to move 1 more space than you thought and they'll kill your healer when you thought they were safe. It requires knowing your enemy and what they're capable of. The RPG is character development, pairings increase support and opposite genders can get married, the offspring are then available battle units whose stats depend on the parents.

The battles in Fire Emblem games are some of the most intense moments I have ever had in gaming. Since there is perma-death, precise strategy choices are a must, unless you want your team wiped out. I am going through Awakening on both Hard and Normal as of now and the spike in difficulty is staggering to the point that I am nervous to make moves without hesitating on Hard.

I am extremely excited for this cross-over as well. I recently just got into the Shin-Megami series hearing how well made they are. (They are made by ATLUS, who I think make incredible games) Currently I am trying to beat Digital Devil Saga #1 and then #2. Any recommendations for any other SM titles?
Nocturne is really good. Haven't played Strange Journey but have heard good things.

The battles in Fire Emblem games are some of the most intense moments I have ever had in gaming. Since there is perma-death, precise strategy choices are a must, unless you want your team wiped out. I am going through Awakening on both Hard and Normal as of now and the spike in difficulty is staggering to the point that I am nervous to make moves without hesitating on Hard.
Indeed but the permadeath is only if you complete the battle with the death. You can save before the battle and just reset to that point. The other difference is that you can't save in middle of the battle like in casual.

Back