Fire Hose

simon

Spy
Reaction score
Thought I'd post something here again, been a while :smoking:
Made this for a map I started from scratch for Off Limits, custom textures aswell. Gonna try and have as little of HL2 in there as possible :imu:

Texturemap size: 512*512
fire_hose_ingame.jpg

- Wesley

The hose might be a little too long and distracting, and people could get stuck on it unless you are an uber modeller and make the hose a ragdoll.

just a comment here, but most fire hoses are made out of some rubberized cloth, i think. I think they lay flat when there's no water running through them.

perhaps if the end of the hose was kind of piled up -- like a piece of ribbon -- it would look better.

hahaha... then again, im not a modeller. just passing through. that might be hard to do :D

saw this thread up at cgtalk.com nice work, one question though not about the model but yourself? have you taken any cousrses are are oyu self taught?

cgtalk? didn't post that there :)
And mostly i'm self taught yes, modeling i had help at the start, texturing i learned myself/google/tuts :)

@ vegeta, yea that would be sweet, maybe even a physics door_rotating .. but frankly I don't have tha tkinda time to spend on every prop, mod needs to get going, and not get stuck on such things on every prop :)

@ phisionary, the hose would have been there for a long time, the water is dried up a long time ago (post-apo mod)

We just played the map, and recorded video's we will be releasing to the public soon, so hang tight :eek:

Oh, rite! that "what are you working on" thread ... oops forgot :p

hahahah well love the model keep up the good work.

Back