Firefox 3 - Back Button

DevgruSeal

Reaction score
In Firefox 2.x I could reach my cursor to the corner approximately where the back button was, and could hit it, without having to accurately aim for the button.

But I just recently upgraded to 3.x, and now the button doesn't extend to the outside of the screen.

Here's some examples..

I used to be able to click here to go back...
firefox3backbuttonoy4.jpg

But now I have to click here...
firefox3backbutton2ed2.jpg

It's not that big of thing, but it's nice to not have to concentrate on clicking the back button when browsing :p

Is there anything I can do to fix this?

Don't suggest a new theme, either. This one is fine, it works good, and I like having the rest of the screen to, you know, put websites in. The sole problem with it I'm having is this back button issue.

I don't have the problem with the default theme doing this.

What is that Vista? Mine doesn't look like that. Mine is larger, round, and I can touch the very edge of the screen and still highlight the button.

You might be able to increase the mouseover sensitivity. There are an assload of settings you can change for Firefox 3, but I can't remember how to do it.

You type something like about:settings into the address bar. That's not exactly it, but you can try to research that further.

He used the smaller icons check box, which I too use.

I don't have the problem though, my mouse cursor can be to the far left of the back button and it will still click it, even though I'm clicking on gray.

I've tried both small icons and normal icons. I can click the back button from the far left. I'm on Windows Server 2003.

The back arrow extends to the outer edge if I use any other theme, but what I'm wondering is why it's just on this theme, and just this theme on Firefox 3.0

Basically, the back arrow extends to the edge on Classic Compact for Firefox 2.0, but not on Firefox 3.0.

I will install a second copy of Firefox and see if I have this problem sans various extensions.

Just checked on an alternate profile, and it appears to be an issue with the theme itself, rather than an extension interfering with the theme.

I have never used the back button on any browser, ive always used

USB-wireless-optical-4B-button-mous.jpg

I use X-Mouse to rebind mouse4 to F8 and use the side button/F8 for my vent hotkey. So yeah...

At one time I had my mouse button as a back button, but I prefer to have + and - for my mouse 3 and 4 buttons. It's really useful for photo viewing and photo editing. (Zoom in/zoom out)

Back