First mods

Sprafa

Tank
Reaction score
If you work at a mod, please state if you believe your mod will be able to deliver rapidly after the SDK release and which one is that.

Well Sourceworld is in no hurry to win at the first mods out race, we're taking our time and doing a good job. I think there's a few, the names of which escape me are apparantly close to being finished, WWII mods I think.

Me and some friends will have our Make-3-mods-in-3-days-during-Dreamhack* challange (25-28). We're aiming to do a HL2 MP mod and a COOP mod... dont know what the third will be yet.

You will atleast see one mod during those days.

*Dreamhack is a 6500 people demo/scene (and of course... gaming.. cant get away from that) lan.

LOL, expect us to be done some time near the end of 2005... erm... maybe early 2006... hopefully... :D

Nop, not us, we are taking time and dedication to this one, no point rushing, all the good mods will come out around July 05

Not necissarily. Don't judge a mod by it's time taken to release. A really good, fun mod might only take a month or two, if it uses the majority of resources already provided. And saying that, a good mod might take the whole of two years to come to fruition.

On the flip side of the coin, you can rush a mod, so it seems unfinished, or you can overdo a mod, so that too many ideas are in it, and they don't gel properly, or the team falls apart, or your idea gets done (and better) by another team.

Dedication and speed in producing the mods are good, but rushing isn't going to get you anywhere, and neither is delaying it too long.

-Angry Lawyer

Unlike all of you Corporate Anarchy will be in some what of a rush to early alpha. This is because we need to make sure gameplay works proberly and everything seems to flow together. The design we have is very different from anything else and we really need to test it as soon as possible. Modelling and texturing will be in somewhat of a rush to keep up with the early alpha. Overall we are not rushing to be uber l33t and the first mod. But to test and make sure the solid idea we have worked on for over 1 year actually works. We also have massive compeition. People can't play 200 mods at one time. So the release date will have to be organised and reaserched to maxamise people playing.

Indid, PR guys will have a significant role this time around.

Dystopia are hoping to release a public beta early next year. We're optimistic about getting it done quick, as we have already coded most of the features of our game as a half life 1 mod, and it's supposedly quite easy to port that code over to hl2. Time will tell, and may the best team win ;)

I'm going to release the wickedest mod ever before all others are out! phear the carboard box mod!!1!!!1!!!!!
you will all bow to the 1337 power of the carbordboxzors mod that will HaX0000rs jooour computorz!!!!!!!!
Oh noes my giglebitsles have been stoled!

ok so it'll just be adding in a cardboard box that you can fly around and shoot from, but hey it'll be out as soon as i learn how scripting/programming in vehicles works with HL2.
I also did the cardboard box for BF1942 if anybody remembers.

Wazz Pants said:
I'm going to release the wickedest mod ever before all others are out! phear the carboard box mod!!1!!!1!!!!!
you will all bow to the 1337 power of the carbordboxzors mod that will HaX0000rs jooour computorz!!!!!!!!
Oh noes my giglebitsles have been stoled!

ok so it'll just be adding in a cardboard box that you can fly around and shoot from, but hey it'll be out as soon as i learn how scripting/programming in vehicles works with HL2.

did you actually know there was a cardboard box deathmatch mod for hl2 which actually did quite well even though it wasn't very well known. Basiclly you was a cardboard box inside a room full of them, you then had to run or even just stay still until you see and kill your enemy. it was actually suposed to be soooo much fun. Its well known for been played at lan parties.

IchI said:
did you actually know there was a cardboard box deathmatch mod for hl2 which actually did quite well even though it wasn't very well known. Basiclly you was a cardboard box inside a room full of them, you then had to run or even just stay still until you see and kill your enemy. it was actually suposed to be soooo much fun. Its well known for been played at lan parties.

hahahaha that sounds haliarous! man that would be fun...

Insurgency will be released once gameplay is very solid and there is sufficient content.

Wazz Pants said:

I remeber that mod, t'was awesome. Anyone remember my aircraft carrier blimp? You probably wouldn't cause the damned thing made servers crash.. ah those were the days

I remember seeing posts of that blimp thing, it looked cool. too bad it made stuff crash tho.

Wazz Pants said:
I remember seeing posts of that blimp thing, it looked cool. too bad it made stuff crash tho.
yeah, battlefield was such a shitty engine to mod for. You can do so much more with an engine like hl2, our mod is really rockin'!

Back