First Tribes: Ascend screenshots

From that gameplay video it looks like fun. Plus it's free, so why not give it a shot.

Yeah, I totally agree there. I wasn't very interested because of all the console talk, but it is going to be free to play and actually looks like it will be a ton of fun so I will definitely be playing this when it's released.

I believe one can still play Tribes 1 and 2 online. The community has propped it up for quite some time.

I loved Tribes back in the day, but I personally could never really get into it again due to the insane skill curve most of my opponents had seemingly mastered. Sort of like those Counter-Strike players who have been in it since day one and absolutely decimate others at this point. Still, another game in the series is always something I look forward to. Nobody else does anything similar to what it offers.

Well if they're only decimating you, you still have 90% of a chance left, right? *trollface*

Anybody apply and get an e-mail yet? I was really hoping to get in, but I just keep staring at an empty inbox. :(

I've been waiting to hear from them too. ;(

I got three keys, send me an IM and I'll give one. Though you need to be a poster here, not some random keywhore :>|

I've been playing this a bunch lately, it's fantastic! Been forever since I had some good games of Tribes... I'm loving it.

I've never played any Tribes game before but this seems quite brilliant from the few matches I've played.
I'm still trying to get skating down well but even with my momentary awkwardness I've managed to do pretty well. (I might have some keys to give away as well now)

Game is terrible and too hitscan centric and too pay2win centric.

Bring back inventories, get rid of all but one hitscan weapon, remove the unnecessary spinfusor variations, and **** off with the predefined classes.

Lolucid it's like Hi-Rez Studios reads your posts.

TRIBES ASCEND HAS BEEN UPDATED

The latest Tribes: Ascend Closed Beta Patch is here! Version 0.1.619.0 converts all fully automatic hitscan weapons to use projectiles, significantly improves projectile inheritance, enhances spectator mode, and introduces many other new features and fixes. Note that a small Version 0.1.621.0 was also deployed on Friday, December 16, as a bug-fix release only.

:V

wtf with unlockable classes. no way i'm playing this poop dollop of game. can't even have my own customized inventory. what the fucck. i thought this was tribes

Yeah I'm really enjoying this. I played a bit of Tribes before (starsiege I think) and I'm pretty decent at the shooting mechanics. My in-game name is Sliverr, you guys should add me.

How curious, now those weapons are probably all useless and should just be removed entirely.
Bring back the laser rifle too.
And bring back the lack of microtransactions because I do not recall that being in any previous Tribes game!

Man, I would love to get my hands on this somehow. Played a bit of the old Tribes and I'm kinda sad I missed the boat on it.

If anyone wants a beta key, PM me. I'll send it to the fastest. No 2 post members, though.

Man, I totally forgot how much fun skiing is in the Tribes games. Timing skiing and jetpacking just right sends you across the map so fast :D

A2DD4-0380C-25484-8F1A5-004D2
A2942-0077E-C1674-1A0B7-76600
A2CC2-8066F-691C4-E13A8-C552E
A262A-CC922-09964-F699C-E04CE

Have at 'em!

Man, I totally forgot how much fun skiing is in the Tribes games. Timing skiing and jetpacking just right sends you across the map so fast :D

This. Playing T:A over the past week has been glorious... once I got in game and started picking out some basic routes through the CTF maps and running flags I began to remember how ****ING AWESOME the Tribes games are/were. I haven't played T2 since like 2004. I love skiing / jetpacking to death.

I listen to this in the background when I play T:A:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nTJQxkcz54

Get 'em boyz

A2898-4420B-6EB54-8E9B2-CA38F
A2F25-D5803-FCEC4-FD8BE-BC209
A202E-1D53D-B5A54-11487-57033

Does anyone else play this yet? It's a really fun game.

I'd love to get into it but I don't have the time to do real testing on it.

Every day! Damn fun game. I just wish there were more maps, and a better friend list. I even bought a booster just to support the devs, didn't want to buy the beta pack, I want to unlock my classes by just playing.

God, this game is good. I just got it working today (the most recent PhysX update makes it crash on startup), and I'm really impressed by the polish. Many good design decisions to be seen in this one.

Also it turns out I'm much better at Tribes now than I was when Tribes 2 was cool, which is cool :V

God, this game is good. I just got it working today (the most recent PhysX update makes it crash on startup), and I'm really impressed by the polish. Many good design decisions to be seen in this one.

Also it turns out I'm much better at Tribes now than I was when Tribes 2 was cool, which is cool :V

Careful, the public servers are pretty easy in T:A most of the time. Check out some competitive vids for the real shit. This is a great one - the T:A team of r/tribes vs a team assembled by the readers of /v/: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urfADUE22zA (long because they play several rounds).

I bought the $30 package and upgraded to VIP in Tribes Ascend about a month ago. I love this game to death. I really hope this catches on in esports because it blows the living shit out of all these scrub FPSes like COD and Halo.

Yeah, this truly is an awesome game! The skiing reminds me of the good old AQ2, flying across TJT, those we're the days I tell you *shakes a stick*

What I find great is the way Hi-Rez listens to the community. While playing people constantly spam "****ing hirez!!oneoneeleven" and to be honest I have no idea why. People complained about speed caps, they changed it, they changed projectile inheritance, the ingame UI - I actually said during the surveys, that your UI looks like something that came with PC-Gamer demo cd's during the 90's, changed hitscans to projectile and so on.

Only downside is the map pool, need moar, NAO *insert picture of Mao*!

Add me in-game, my username is Ennui there too. Love to play with some familiar faces.

This is brilliant fun. Never played Tribes before, but I'm getting right into the skiing and junk. In as BadHat.

A2718-9FDF8-25294-0D19C-4CD28
A2898-4420B-6EB54-8E9B2-CA38F
A2F25-D5803-FCEC4-FD8BE-BC209

I found myself drawn to the heavy. Trying to get good at mortaring flag carriers mid-field.

Add me in-game, my username is Ennui there too. Love to play with some familiar faces.

Will do later. I play this game every day. It's easily my favorite game right now. My in-game name is Morphinity (usual name was taken :()

Soupstorm is my name. I'm rocking the Pathfinder, since any fast class with a shotgun is generally what I make a beeline for. I'm trying to improve my combat, and in the meantime I'm figuring out good fast skiing routes.

I can see this game becoming a legit popular e-sport. It plays along well to regular sports terminology, it has a surprisingly good spectator mode, and skiing and high speeds and expansive maps make the matches really dynamic and fun to watch. Plus you need to hit a lower threshold of understanding of game mechanics to enjoy watching a match, vs more popular e-sports like SC2 and League. As long as the casters are there, I think this will be great success.

Yeah, it's already got a great casting following that could get better. I normally don't care about e-sports, but a f2p game like this could benefit from lots of attention.

Just a heads up, if you want to get a free beta key through liking Tribes Ascend on Facebook, that offer ends in about eight hours. I have a spare key but I ain't givin that shit out until the Facebook offer is dead :V

For whoever wants it: FB216DC59FF8E5496F823CA58

Back