Florida cop turns off videocamera to beat 66 yr old with Dementia

CptStern

suckmonkey
Reaction score
..except it didnt turn off

WFTV obtained dash camera video of a violent police beating in Melbourne.

The video shows an officer attacking a 66–year-old man who WFTV learned is suffering from dementia.

In the video, Melbourne police Officer Derek Middendorf is shown giving Albert Flowers a front kick to his stomach.

Middendorf then punched Flowers repeatedly while he was on the ground.

In a report, Middendorf said Flowers walked towards him in an aggressive manner at a fast pace and he couldn't tell whether he had a knife in his hands.

The officer turned off his video and audio equipment before the beating. The department was able to extract the video from the hard drive, but not the audio.

The only disciplinary record the officer received for the incident was a written reprimand for turning off the recording equipment.

Flowers was charged with battery on a law enforcement officer.

http://www.wftv.com/news/news/local/video-shows-officer-beating-66-year-old-man-suffer/nGMgh/

...and the home of the brave!
bJl3H.gif

WHAT DO Y'ALL KNOW BOUT PO-LICE BRUTALITY WHAT YOU KNOW WHAT YOU THINK YOU KNOW

WHAT DO Y'ALL KNOW BOUT PO-LICE BRUTALITY WHAT YOU KNOW WHAT YOU THINK YOU KNOW

While police brutality is a major event that should be addressed, I think there is a bigger issue at hand that isnt necessarily brutality or abuse. Abuse of trust, maybe.

It's the police ATTITUDE towards the general public. It has declined excessively over the past decade, and this isn't a race NOR class based issue, either. Simply police to civilian interaction. Year after year the police (in various cities my experience is as well) have become much more rude, 'in your face', insulting, and have that "US VS THEM" attitude.

Now I hear time and time again "they have to deal with the worst blah blah blah" but things aren't all that worse than they were before. If anything, CRIME WISE, they're better than in the past. So why has their attitude grown so terrible? I think a lot of it has to do with their training and the culture that has INFESTED departments nationwide. I've heard older retired police tell me "I would never talk down to a person on a stop and talk so badly. You have to be aware and search, but there is no need for rudeness." This is part of the reason the attitude of people in the US has turned so negative to our police forces. It used to just be a race issue which is an entirely different subject and cause.

Yeah i know, i know. Im talkin shit is all.

Ive had my share of dealings with the police, and trust me, a shite load more goes unreported.

Faaaaarrking hell, man. :/ That poor old dude. Aggressive mannerism and knife-wielding my ass.

Maybe he misheard and thought he was a dementor.

He'll get off.

His department didn't suspend him for beating a member of the public.

Beating the old guy he's supposed to protect.

Imagine being the family, having to watch at arms length while some thick headed OFICER OF THA LAW beasts your father.

He'll get off.

His department didn't suspend him for beating a member of the public.

Beating the old guy he's supposed to protect.

Imagine being the family, having to watch at arms length while some thick headed OFICER OF THA LAW beasts your father.

Thats when you beat their ass or at least pull them off. Sometimes you have to take getting charged with something, its called doing what's right. People stand around while atrocities happen I never understood that. It's one thing if someone is snatching and grabbing something/running, etc. But people who walk right by rapes or police brutality I'll never get.

Thats when you beat their ass or at least pull them off. Sometimes you have to take getting charged with something, its called doing what's right. People stand around while atrocities happen I never understood that. It's one thing if someone is snatching and grabbing something/running, etc. But people who walk right by rapes or police brutality I'll never get.

Out of fear of getting stabbed / in trouble with the law.

What are regular people really supposed to do against Police Brutality? Grapple with the Police Officer in question? Doesn't seem like a particularly clever idea. An excuse to shoot you / beat you would be right up that particular Cop's alley, I would imagine.

ya jumping in the middle of a police take down isnt a good idea. you end up along side your buddy in a holding cell charged with assaulting a cop and obstruction of justice. the upside to this is that the other people in the holding cell are afraid of you

Back