Football Manager 2008 is Now Available on Steam

DigiQ8

Tank
Reaction score
<div align="center">
1205286424_fm.jpg
</div>[br]
The world's most complete and in-depth football management game is now available on Steam. Updated for the 2007-08 season with over 5,000 manageable teams from around the world, including clubs from leagues such as Major League Soccer, English Premier League, and the Mexico Premier Division.

Bigger, smoother and more in-depth than ever, Football Manager 2008 is packed full of so much newness it could well take a lifetime to discover every new feature.

For more information, click here.

Ahh... actual "Foot"ball, not.. Football. You got me there.

What could be better than a business man holding a soccer ball? That says it all, really.

called worldwide soccer manager 2008 here on steam (australia)

Sounds OK, but when are they going to come out with "Chartered Accountancy: The Game"!!! That would be even more of a blast!

Or how about "Here, Organize These Paperclips 2: The Return" ?

Great game :D

Glad it is finally on Steam, was originally talked about months ago!

what does this have to do with Half-Life 2? please stop posting irrelevant things like this. you guys have practically been mimicking the steam news page.

what does this have to do with Half-Life 2? please stop posting irrelevant things like this. you guys have practically been mimicking the steam news page.

So all you want to hear about is Ep3?

ITT: Ignorance.

I can't remember when I gave up Champ Man, but this may be reason to start over in management. 'Mon the JT's.

Focusing just on Half-Life news would leave us with about one news post a week. Thus we look at TF2/CSS/DoDS/Portal and of course Steam related news.

Stop? No.

From being on this board for a while now I knew this wouldn't get much of a cheers, considering the football fans consist of me, Feath, Evo, Jimbo and the guy with a Man Utd avatar whoses name escapes me. Regardless it's a huge game that many people will be extremely excited to see on Steam. I'm not a huge fan of the manangement games, I love my pro evolution soccer too much.

considering the football fans consist of me, Feath, Evo, Jimbo and the guy with a Man Utd avatar whoses name escapes me.
Oi! :frown:

Management games just became too complicated and I always found myself just scouring the internet for tips on players and transfers to make just about any team within reason dominant domestically and internationally.

With the likes of FIFA having built in management modes, it's probably no surprise that managerial games have become less popular.

No. We're a Valve news site, not just Half-Life 2, despite the name.

Also, Football Manager 2008 is an excellent game, all you naysayers should try it before you continue naysaying :p

Focusing just on Half-Life news would leave us with about one news post a week. Thus we look at TF2/CSS/DoDS/Portal and of course Steam related news.
It also means we get somewhere to discuss games released on Steam and new HL2 mods that isn't the Steam forums, which I think you'll agree is a blessing for all.

P.S. Ni!

With the likes of FIFA having built in management modes, it's probably no surprise that managerial games have become less popular.

Just on that last point, if I could be arsed to move to grab my latest PC Gamer, but I believe that FM08 is still in the top 20 PC games even after its release last year ;)

P.P.S. Ball, ball, ball - footie, footie, footie!

[youtube]GMNarDXvQYo[/youtube]

Just on that last point, if I could be arsed to move to grab my latest PC Gamer, but I believe that FM08 is still in the top 20 PC games even after its release last year ;)
Oh. :/

I know a few guys that have ditched management sims for FIFA and the like, that's all.

Back