For Chrysler, FOR FREEEEEDOOOM

CptStern

suckmonkey
Reaction score
"Chrysler chose the 2010 FIFA World Cup competition in South Africa to debut a new patriotic ad featuring George Washington driving back the British redcoats in a Dodge Challenger, and their apparent message was that America kicks butt. "

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ezk0e1VL80o

lol you'd have to be pretty stupid to be won over by that commercial on patriotic grounds because ...

..you may have noticed a Chrysler commercial that salutes all things American, including, of course, the company's cars. Just one problem: The car featured in the ad was made in Canada, using German technology and Italian funding.

http://consumerist.com/2010/06/does-chrysler-even-know-where-its-cars-are-made.html

So, no sources?

That's pretty ridiculous. Very few things are made in America any more. I worked in a Ford factory at one point. Americans make more per hour than a comparable Chinese job pays in a week. We can't even compete with that if we tried. The cost of living is totally different.

Made in China from American specifications is the norm.

So, no sources?

That's pretty ridiculous. Very few things are made in America any more. I worked in a Ford factory at one point. Americans make more per hour than a comparable Chinese job pays in a week. We can't even compete with that if we tried. The cost of living is totally different.

Made in China from American specifications is the norm.

....but it was made in canada

You're missing the point.

And how did you get the source there without editing your post. ...I didn't even see it. God damn, I'm going blind.

I like the way the car looks from the front. It looks like the classic Challenger from the 70s. I didn't like the commercial, its pretty stupid.

If you do it fast enough, you can stealth edit.

lol, this commercial makes absolutely no sense. But I guess GM needs to show how awesome america is considering we saved their ass from going under.

Wait a second, Americans had cars in the 18th century? What the hell Creative Assembly, so much for historical accuracy in Empire.

:frown:

I posted the video in the Video dump a few days ago. Thought it was pretty funny. Haha Washington's expression is what makes me laugh.

I think when they were pitching ideas for the commercial, they were looking for an excuse to flex this as a muscle car, driving it off-road at speed like that. Not a pussy supercar that falls apart if you try to go over a speed bump. Also, Independence Day is 9 days away, so there's that too.

/wants one.

lol, this commercial makes absolutely no sense. But I guess GM needs to show how awesome america is considering we saved their ass from going under.

Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep != General Motors

There's an ad on Australian television of Washington selling cars while a Kangaroo punches the prices down.

**** I hate TV.

dodge executive: since we are getting low sales and going bad,we must use the easiest way of marketing besides sex,patriotism

oops should be

fiat executive: since we are getting low sales and going bad,we must use the easiest way of marketing besides sex,patriotism

cuz I think fiat is the "owner" of dodge now

Dodge Challenger: can't even run down a formation of infantry armed with muskets.

A PATRIOTIC COMMERCIAL A WEEK BEFORE JULY 4TH?!

How out of the ordinary!!!

Badass, but pointlessly so. Either way, the car is probably a rip-off.

I enjoyed the commercial and want to own five Challengers now. Thanks, Stern.

...but, I thought you guise said Chrysler sucks and so do Americans who are too fat to fit in their crap cars and, "durka dur!" :p

/another anti-American thread courtesy of Stern

EDIT> To be fair, most of Chrysler's cars are ugly as hell imo, but this one actually looks pretty cool. Also, outsourcing in the name of the almighty dollar at the expense of the average blue collar American sucks too. Bring opportunity back to America you whore corporations!!!

Name me one good American car, and I will name you a straight Frenchman.

Name me two more stereotypes, and I'll consider Saab a good car company.

Still an awesome ad. I liked it.

Yeah. I mean come on... it's just a funny advertisement. That's what most ads are these days. Gotta quit looking into it to absurd levels.

There used to be good American cars 40 years ago back before most of the parts were imported from overseas. :p

Most of American car companies' bad choices all point back to outsourcing to save/make more money. Capitalism at it's finest.

Ford Taurus

Ford Mustang

Ford F-150

Ford Fusion

Ford Focus

I could name more, but I think I've made my point. Last I checked Ford was the fastest-growing car company in the world by a margin of triple the next down from it. Followed by Hyundai and Volkswagon in second and third place.

GM and Chrysler aren't worth a ****ed duck, but Ford kicks the pants off any other automaker in the world right now.

Ford Taurus

Ford Mustang

Ford F-150

Ford Fusion

Ford Focus

I could name more, but I think I've made my point. Last I checked Ford was the fastest-growing car company in the world by a margin of triple the next down from it. Followed by Hyundai and Volkswagon in second and third place.

GM and Chrysler aren't worth a ****ed duck, but Ford kicks the pants off any other automaker in the world right now.

Dodge Charger (The 70's version.)

Dodge Viper

Chevrolet Corvette

Chevrolet Camaro (The 60's version.)

Put your MitsiBitsi up against the General Lee.

This thread is support for my second idea, which is creating a second Misc, after the first, only its reserved for all of Stern's OPs of not very interesting or unusual threads and no one ever goes there because honestly why would you?

Was that Michael C. Hall? I wonder if they allowed any "Dark Passengers" if you know what I mean :upstare:

Back