Fortnightly Modelling Contest Number 2: Discussion

Stone

Reaction score
Fortnightly Modelling Contest Number 2: Discussion

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Use this thread to discuss this week's entries. Compliments and constructive criticism are encouraged here, so long as it is kept constructive

Pendragon said:
*runs up, draws attention to the fact that he came up with the idea and wasn't credited, unlike the Art and Design competitions, then runs away*

huh? what you on bout, yes it is..... ?!?

Pendragon said:
That seems a little bit unfair--how can you judge two differing mediums on the same scale?
Cause if we say low poly, people complain, if we say high poly people complain. If we say both only you complain and thats easy to ignore :p j/k :)

Besides, people should be voting on how good they think it is, regardless of poly counts. Its quite easy for someone with no talent to make a high poly object look crap. and the same with a low poly one. It evens itself out you see. A well made low poly model has just as much change of winning as a model with millions of polygons in it.

Pendragon said:
lol that was quite a zing. Unless it turns out that everyone complains, or (more likely) everyone ignores this whole contest thing.
Considering many on these forums/teams/sites are still wet behind the ears concerning modeling, I don't think the modeling contests will amount to very much.. Atleast not for some time. :\

Fenric said:
Cause if we say low poly, people complain, if we say high poly people complain. If we say both only you complain and thats easy to ignore :p j/k :)

AHAHAHa :D good one

:afro:

it doesnt take long to model a cool futuristic crowbar, so i thought what the hell and made a crowbar, only cos i thought i could use it in colossus mod, but hey, a man must be allowed to have secondary motives , eh?

took me about 1 hour. of course it is wery highpoly, i will strip it before i put it ingame.

and dont say, the handle is too thin, its a karbonfiber handle, only the tip is stainless steel.

last enteries on the 16th people, then comp closes for the 2 day judging so get your entries in ASAP.. :cheers:

well that contest didnt work v well did it:/ no one entered and no one Discusued the few that were entered :(

no one entered? well, maybe a crowbar is too boring to make? how bout making a prize to win aswell?

and weekly contests are dull, monthly would be cooler.

fishymumma said:
well that contest didnt work v well did it:/ no one entered and no one Discusued the few that were entered :(

I didn't enter because I didn't particularly care for the topic given. Hopefully the next one will be more interesting, and at least a little more challenging.

spin said:
I didn't enter because I didn't particularly care for the topic given. Hopefully the next one will be more interesting, and at least a little more challenging.
If you don't like the contests, your always welcome to submit suggestions for the next one you know.

I didn't mean to come off as complaining about it, if that's how it appeared in my post. It was more of a response to Fishy, who pointed out that hardly anyone entered. To be honest, I wouldn't be able to come up with a decent contest idea because it is quite difficult to arrange a something-for-everyone topic that's broad enough to allow creativity, but structured enough to allow for a full range of skill levels to be judged fairly.

Back