Fortress Forever Media

A

Azlan

Beloved on public servers, the sniper of Team Fortress Classic is probably the most commonly, first picked class for new players. Unfortunately, due to many limitations of the sniper and the pure speed of most offenses, snipers are all but nonexistant in most clan-oriented matches. The development team over at Fortress Forever are out to change that. Or at least, they want to give the player the opportunity to make the sniper relevant again in Team Fortress. [br]</br>They have been creating a few new features and tweaking the sniper ever so sweetly. Of course, I can not speak about the new features, those new things will remain top secret for now. What Halflife2.net is pleased to show you is the skinned, sniper model. This is the first fully skinned player model release yet, and from the looks of things, we have a lot to look forward to![br]

newsspacer.gif
[br]Learn more about this Team Fortress conversion at the Fortress Forever website.

Lookin' Good. I never played much TF (got HL too late) so I can't wait until this comes out.

Looks great, I can see TF is going to be uninstalled soon

The new logo doesn't impress me much, it has too much of a WW2-esque feel to it.

The two Effs back to back displays the 'side-against-side' element nicely, and that each side is an exact mirror of the other. But what it doesn't recognise is that each side is a team made up of members with completely different roles. Nor does it give any impression of the 'fortress' element; the fact that each team has a base to protect in most maps which are key to the game. The team is split up into members who must either defend a territory or attack it. So I think that's where the logo falls down for me.

Nevertheless I've been waiting on this since it was announced a while back. And I know I'm not going to be disappointed. They've made quite a few changes to the maps, showing that they're not afraid to put their own interpretation and ideas into it if they will benefit the overall playing experience (see Crossover in particular).

If any of the team members are reading: Keep up the good work.

That's Willem Dafoe, and while on the subject, I thought he looked like someone, can't put my finger on who, though. As for the entirety of the mod, I've got one thing to say so far: "OMGHAX!"

Hmm.. I always thought sniper was a great class to use in matches. I always did..

The article doesnt make sense, when saying there all but nonexistant.

Sweet models, but one thing, a bright orange sniper suit ?

drgon47

drgon47 said:
Sweet models, but one thing, a bright orange sniper suit ?

drgon47

It's a work-in-progress. The final colors are subject to much tweaking :frog:

They need to hurry and release this :p

Great looking models. :thumbs:

Sniper? I thought that was the engy :|

Aren't the snipers the guys with all the camo stuff... Or am I thinking of that new model pack for TFC. Either way that would not make a good sniper model at all :|

That's one bAd-Ass piece of.. sniper!

Hate the logo though.. too much WWII-ish leaning on the axis side :O IMHO

Those Models Suck!
They are really low Poly!.
Ugly as hell....

Unless they are planning on having over 100 of them running around in the map.
If thats the case then its acceptible for the way they look.

Ermac said:
Those Models Suck!
Ugly as hell....

How about this, you join their team, do better work, and make it a top of the line mod, then you can talk... and like someone said earlier, it's only a Work in Progress. Very Good IMHO.

Ermac said:
Those Models Suck!
Ugly as hell....

Actually that lowpoly worldmodel is fantastic quality and with a proper normalmap it's going to look sexy as hell. Like their Soldier model on the following link, he's also the lowpolymodel only he has a normalmap slapped on him which the sniper also will get in due time.

Here is the soldier if you haven't seen it: Soldier render

Now tell me that that's ugly! I think not

Cruor said:
Actually that lowpoly worldmodel is fantastic quality and with a proper normalmap it's going to look sexy as hell. Like their Soldier model on the following link, he's also the lowpolymodel only he has a normalmap slapped on him which the sniper also will get in due time.

Here is the soldier if you haven't seen it: Soldier render

Now tell me that that's ugly! I think not

Thats a great model.

But the one not the other low poly one.
Did anyone See the "KILL ZONE" Trailer?
Now those are AWSOME models, and they had lot of them on screen at once.

lol
the soldier looks like a chubby version of bruce willis and the sniper like robert john burke.

hehe,weird.

Ermac said:
Thats a great model.

But the one not the other low poly one.
Did anyone See the "KILL ZONE" Trailer?
Now those are AWSOME models, and they had lot of them on screen at once.

The sniper low poly will look just the same once it gets it's normal map, If you'd check the low poly version of the "KILL ZONE" models they'd be equally low poly, normal maps are after all a way of decieving the mind into thinking there is a higher poly model on screen.

And besides the KILL ZONE trailer is pre-rendered with High poly models. Not actual ingame photage

Cruor said:
And besides the KILL ZONE trailer is pre-rendered with High poly models. Not actual ingame photage
[offtopic]That isn't necisarily true, Sony hasn't confirmed whether it is real or not. Hopefully, it is real, but most likely not.[/offtopic]

Looks good to me... Not necessarily as nice as some of their other models, but... Still good.

And I believe that, yes, the KILL ZONE trailer was pre-rendered, unless I am getting false information...

Nice :D :D :D

The sniper bears a little resemblence to the G-man, don't you think?

Back