Fortress Forever Released!

DigiQ8

Tank
Reaction score
The time you've been waiting for is here!, The Fortress Forever mod one of the most anticipated Half-Life 2 modifications in development is finally here![br]
1189707115_1189033407_ff_banner.jpg
[br]Download the game client from : Fileplanet.[br]

Windows Dedicated Server :[br]
Fileplanet[br]
HL2Filefront[br]
Torrent[br]

Excuse my French but why the **** are people still hosting files on filenazi? It makes no sense and the majority of gamers hate it, yet mod makers continually do it. It's the only mirror too. :(

Excuse my French but why the **** are people still hosting files on filenazi? It makes no sense and the majority of gamers hate it, yet mod makers continually do it. It's the only mirror too. :(

FP pays them. That's why, really, not joking.

I know, I know. But unfortunately what can you do? Hopefully the queues won't be long.

Oh jee I'm sorry then. :( Guess I won't be hosting it somewhere else then.

BTW, while you're waiting to download from FileBlahBlah, go into Steam and make sure you've installed the "Source SDK Base", it's under the Tools tab. If you install FF first, no harm done, it'll just download the SDK Base before you can play it.

See http://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Source_SDK_Base for why they made the mod based on that, and not on HL2 directly.

Downloading now,i'v been waiting a long time for this mod! TFC used to be my favorite game,so i'm quite excited for this mod.:bounce:
FORTRESS FOREVER!!!

any other links anywhere ANYWHERE! A-N-Y-W-H-E-R-E! for the love of anything!

I can't seem to join any games. As soon as the game is about to load the game crashes with this error:

OnGameRulesCreationStringChanged: missing gamerules class 'CFFGameRules' on the client

EDIT:

oh stupid me, i downloaded the server version.

oh man, ive just been playing this, its so damn good! the most polished mod ive ever played.

i used to play QWTF back in the olden days and this is bringing back the memories.

Round of applause for a working, and very good hl2 mod since Minverva! If tf2 wasn't coming out I would play this instead. Really fun mod but it's a shame Valve released their own TF2.

Filefront ftw, getting literally ~1mb per second. :D

Really feels polished and smooth. A few bugs and glitches here and there but I've just played 3 hours straight without crashing. For me the most "complete" mod to come out for Hl2, including Minerva (which I loved) and Insurgency (which was not so fun for me).

FP pays them. That's why, really, not joking.

They don't pay people. What they offer is lots of advertisement for your mod in exchange for exclusivity (24 hours IIRC).

We had this deal offered to Eternal-Silence, however we chose to not go with it so that we went with someone who offered us servers to play on, and we also got advertisement on FilePlanet, so we didn't miss out on anything...

To see their advertising in action, on the left-hand column you can see an ad for Fortress Forever on GameSpy.com

I can't seem to join any games. As soon as the game is about to load the game crashes with this error:

OnGameRulesCreationStringChanged: missing gamerules class 'CFFGameRules' on the client

EDIT:

oh stupid me, i downloaded the server version.

Schnap.

LOADS of servers though, wow.

Back