Fortress Forever Released!

I'm a longtime fan of TFC and this is pretty damn fun... I'm playing the hell out of it this weekend. That said, it's still the same game I've been playing for 8 years... bring on TF2!

That'd be right.

Just started to really get into the gameplay when all of a sudden I am now plagued with constant crashes.

Not just crash to desktop or simple looping sounds, but my entire system freezes completely. And no, it's not a firewall popping up as I play or anything of the like.

The mod is simply unplayable now. Wtf.

That'd be right.

Just started to really get into the gameplay when all of a sudden I am now plagued with constant crashes.

Not just crash to desktop or simple looping sounds, but my entire system freezes completely. And no, it's not a firewall popping up as I play or anything of the like.

The mod is simply unplayable now. Wtf.
I get freezes now and then, if you ride 'em out the game usually resumes after a max of 30 seconds. I'm not sure what's causing it but it's not happened with any other mod, not even Insurgency.

From talking with the devs and stuff, the constant crashes come from one of two things:

1. Someone has HLSW open.
2. Steam Community is turned on in game.

Most crashes are caused by #2. If you turn it off, FF should become more playable (it was my problem and I got it resolved).

Yeah, I ****ing hate Steam Community... it's a huge resource hog.

I just ****ing want my friends list accessible without having to use that piece of shit.

I wish they put that "Friends" button back into the menus. I don't use or care about ****ing steam community.

meh, this mod is exactley what it was advertised to be: Quake Team Fortress with better graphics.

It's a fun diversion for a couple of hours though.

It's based on TFC, not the original TF. I know people like xlucidx have been saying differently, but if you check their FAQ, it clearly states that they're TFC players who want to recreate Valve's version of the game. Not only that, but all their character art is taken almost directly from the original TFC models (scroll down to the class section of that page to see what I mean).

Mind you, if anyone has any proof that it is actually based on the Quake version of TF, I'd like to know :p I'm writing a review at the moment, and I've been mainly comparing it to TFC. If I find out they were actually basing it on the original, I'll have to change it... sighface.

They took the best things from both TFC and QWTF and combined them. The pacing is much faster (like QWTF) for example. I think it's safe to say that they are not trying to recreate TFC, but to create a mod with influences of both. They had many veteran TF players testing it, and I bet they wanted it more like QWTF :)

From talking with the devs and stuff, the constant crashes from one of two things:

1. Someone has HLSW open.
2. Steam Community is turned on in game.

Most crashes are caused by #2. If you turn it off, FF should become more playable (it was my problem and I got it resolved).

How do I turn off Steam community in-game ?
edit : found it in steam settings :thumbs:

Downloading at 1.22mb sec. Should be playable in 4 min 15 secs.

Thanks for the link

:cheese:

It's based on TFC, not the original TF. I know people like xlucidx have been saying differently, but if you check their FAQ, it clearly states that they're TFC players who want to recreate Valve's version of the game. Not only that, but all their character art is taken almost directly from the original TFC models (scroll down to the class section of that page to see what I mean).

Mind you, if anyone has any proof that it is actually based on the Quake version of TF, I'd like to know :p I'm writing a review at the moment, and I've been mainly comparing it to TFC. If I find out they were actually basing it on the original, I'll have to change it... sighface.
I'm sure you could wangle a quick Q&A out of them for your review depending on who you're writing for...

Concing around as scout is extremely fun!

For all those that are new to the game, instead of deathmatching, try playing around as scout and conc around and try to actually get the flag. It's very fast gameplay, even by TFC's standards.

Back