Forum Request

Dog--

The Freeman
Reaction score
I was wondering, since Bioshock and Battlefield are old news, why not delete one or both sub-forums, and put a Starcraft thread in, since SCII is coming, it should be getting lots of activity eventually.

It's not like they could get any less activity then the current sub-forums that are there.

We could discuss strategies, organize HL2.net games and all that.

Please?

Just because you're an ultra fanboy...

But, yeah, good idea.

Why not just an "upcoming games" section.

Or just stick to general games.

Because you are headcrab zombie.

I think Starcraft is popular enough of a game here on HL2.net to deserve it's own sub-forum.. Bioshock got one.. Why? It's not even that great of a game.. I see why BF got it's own, it's fairly popular here, AS IS STARCRAFT.

When SC2 is imminent or out this will be viable and we can discuss it then. At the moment I'm afraid this isn't going to happen (unless Munro decides to surprise the hell out of me and act out of character).

I do agree that the Bioshock and BF2 forums should be removed though.

Popular Games/ HL2.netter meetup games section sounds best.

Place for any games that have lots of discussion value on hl2.net, and a place for hl2.netters to organize online games. That seemed to be what the BF2 section was for.
Though I don't venture in there much.

Though I'd still lean toward just the plain old general games forum.

Personally I find that a sub-section for a forum leads to less posting in it. It does keep it tidy, but then people just don't notice it anymore.

You won't see a new forum materialise without a demand for it first. If there is a large influx of threads (posted by members other than Dog) then that is usually the catalyst for creating a new one.

Oh and Bioshock was a fantastic game, did you play the same one I did? At it's peak it needed it's own forum, but now it's moment has passed.

Yea, at it's release it was the game, but after about a week there was almost no activity for it..

I want a SPORE one :) Or atleast a SPORE thread where we can post pictures of our.. things. When it's released that is.

You won't see a new forum materialise without a demand for it first. If there is a large influx of threads (posted by members other than Dog) then that is usually the catalyst for creating a new one.

How about the demand that the current specific game forums be deleted? There have been several threads posted for their deletion and nothing has come of it.

I'll talk to Munro about that one.

I want a SPORE one :) Or atleast a SPORE thread where we can post pictures of our.. things. When it's released that is.

I agree with this. Definitely not yet, as I can forsee a couple of delays, but when the creature creation tool comes around, I think a Spore forum might be in order.

Sharing creatures with each other sounds fun.

The Battlefield and Bioshock forums still have uses with upcoming sequels/add-ons.

Back