Forums Upgraded

lol, sweet design man.

I kinda shit my pants when I came here though, don't worry, a little cleaning solvent should take care of it.

edit: lol, i know my post count know.

I like the way you can just hold the mouse arrow over a thread and see the first few lines in it.

Seen it in another forum before (www.sweclockers.com), but it's really nifty you guys've got it too.

nw909 said:
edit: lol, i know my post count know.

You could always have just asked me for it :p

The design is changing back to the old one tomorrow night.

Chris_D said:
You could always have just asked me for it :p

The design is changing back to the old one tomorrow night.

Gonna be looking pretty sweet tomorrow night then. I caught a glimpse of it while we were testing things out, it looks really nice with this version. Final one should look even better. It's much easier to read too so everyone should be quite at home with it.

Ummm, when u put it back colors or w/e. Will it still be in a frame of the other page? Cause I think this is lame, I liked it the way it was with the rest of the site around.

The Terminator said:
Ummm, when u put it back colors or w/e. Will it still be in a frame of the other page? Cause I think this is lame, I liked it the way it was with the rest of the site around.
I'm pretty sure it'll have the sections at the side/top like before, feels more intergrated doesn't it.

LoneDeranger said:
Thanks but ...

This looks fugly :(

When do we get the old colors back?
tomorrow night or there abouts, their almost done, Munro just needs to fix a few bugs so things work properly with them

wow this so reminds me of when HL2.net forums first appeared ;) well the color scheme anyway.. hehe I still have the old forum linked somewhere... although nothing is there I still have the link.... err long live old school ;)

I like it

Omg It Doesn't Let You Type In Teh Caps Anymore So I'm Not Really Shouting At You!!!!! Omg This Was All Written In Caps!!!! Where Are Teh Caps!?!?!

You Mean You Can't Write In Caps Like This Then? Weird Eh

I Dunno How It Works, But Its Good, Isn't It!

ooh that is weird. Well atleast it'll cut down the trolls who insist on typing everything in caps all the time.. Now all we need is some hack that stops the kiddies typing in hacker speak and we're all set :D

can we still pick from this forum skin? i didnt like the old forum skin compared to this one ( which i like better)

i dont like how the name is above the post, i like the old deal.

Majestic XII said:
I think theres too much useless space between posts, i cant scroll and read the page with the same speed i did before... but you get used to it :) (again)

Lol, can you say picky? ;)

Don't get too happy, post counts will probably be gone by tomorrow ;(

I like the new layout and such...but the color scheme has gotta change IMO.

Munro said:
There are a load of new features to play with and it should be a lot faster then before.
It should be "than."

NANANANANANANANANANANANA

Yay for upgrades. I hope it works out for the best once everything is nailed down.

Hmmm, looks as though it will take some getting used to..
Ah well, nice work Munro!

EDIT: Just read the rest of the thread. Yay for changing back to old colour scheme! :D

I hope the old theme is back soon....

It just doesn't seem like home. But the new features seem cool :D

Typhon said:
Yay for upgrades. I hope it works out for the best once everything is nailed down.
Same here. It's looking like the annoying bugs from before are nowhere to be found this time around. I'm doing my best to break it and haven't yet, I imagine there are new bugs that will appear over time, but thats just the way things are with new stuff, but the most annoying bug, the clone one is gone for good by the looks of it. The issue with posts appearing above the replies is now properly explained.. Chris is better to explain that, I'll just rant on for hours before getting to the point.. Like I'm doing here, ok so yeah, things should be much better here now, especially when the proper theme goes up.

Fenric1138 said:
Same here. It's looking like the annoying bugs from before are nowhere to be found this time around. I'm doing my best to break it and haven't yet, I imagine there are new bugs that will appear over time, but thats just the way things are with new stuff, but the most annoying bug, the clone one is gone for good by the looks of it. The issue with posts appearing above the replies is now properly explained.. Chris is better to explain that, I'll just rant on for hours before getting to the point.. Like I'm doing here, ok so yeah, things should be much better here now, especially when the proper theme goes up.
Yeah. It very occasionally used to happen before. You'd be writing a reply and once you're taken back to the post somebody else had posted a millisecond after you therefore their post appearing below yours.

This seems to be happening quicker as the forums are now faster, but it certainly isn't to the same extent as it was with vb2.3.3. With vb2.3.3 it was possible for you to quote a post and then that one appear above the original. That won't be happening on VB3's shift.

And Fenric, I wish you'd stop trying to break it. That's how you f**ked up the last ones! :eek:

Shocked from UK

Chris_D said:
And Fenric, I wish you'd stop trying to break it. That's how you f**ked up the last ones! :eek:

LOL *searches for shocked emoticon* :p

Ooo i absolutely love this new forum version! makes everything more 1337 :p

Good job mods!

Not a huge fan of the new board style. Can we bring the old colors back at least?

Is it just me or is the old style back, but seriously ****ed up? Everythings in the middle, and its straaaange...

In the middle? Please, tell me what you're seeing and if possible take a screenshot of it. If you can tell me your browser and version that will help too :)

can we have the choice to use the skin from last night, the default skin? I liked it better that way.

ummm.....wow...looks new...time to get used to....umm...it looked really cool...untill i entered this thread....i dunno..but i dont like the names on top of the post...but tahts just me.....

oo! u brought back the posts....neat!! cool! ill just have to get used to it...otherwise this is pretty neat for a change

Back