Who's about?

Xendance

Tank
Reaction score
Hi!

Anyone remember me?

I signed up to the forum over 10 years ago and it's great to see it's still about! For anyone who remembers me, I am now married and have a baby on the way!

Nice to see you all again.

A3mZWOo.jpg

We're all just recycling posts, here's what I said in the last thread

Yeah, I remember you.

Still swing by here from time to time. I used to do it so much that it's pretty much become instinctual now.

Damn, you're gonna make me want to buy stuff.

Well, according to the site I am outnumbered by 78 robots, so I'd say nobody.

I miss this place. It makes me sad to see how quiet it's become. Also, I'm sorry I was such an asshole guys. I was young, and also an asshole.

I miss this place. It makes me sad to see how quiet it's become. Also, I'm sorry I was such an asshole guys. I was young, and also an asshole.
We all were. I was 14 when I joined. I turn 28 next week.

Old men. Warning! Warning!

Grats Xen.

I still read your sig as Thane, Willie. And just realized you can get an extra thing by clicking the name after you put the sunglasses on; and so on.

Grats Xen.

I still read your sig as Thane, Willie. And just realized you can get an extra thing by clicking the name after you put the sunglasses on; and so on.

I visit that Tane website occasionally even to this day.

Speaking of signatures, clicked on yours and rediscovered that thread of Willie's from 2007. Can't believe that was 10 years ago now.

LOL I remember that thread. If Willie had had a kid at that point he'd be almost in ****ing middle school by now lmao

For anyone who doesn't know, Melanie aka CleverEndeavor, a member of ours who hadn't posted in awhile, recently passed. I don't know what else to say, but yeah.

That's sad, although the username doesn't ring a bell.

I'm living in Athens Greece now, I started by own business and left the UK. Sad this place is so quiet, but all things must come to an end.

For anyone who doesn't know, Melanie aka CleverEndeavor, a member of ours who hadn't posted in awhile, recently passed. I don't know what else to say, but yeah.
Sorry to hear that. It had been awhile since there was an update from her GoFundMe campaign, guess there wasn't good news to report.

Congrats Xendance on the kid though! Crazy to think there's probably a bunch of members with kids now.

I was recently thinking about what a little shit I used to be on the internet, especially here. And how the debates and arguments here actually formed me into a better person I think. I can remember specific threads where someone changed my mind about something, even if I didn't agree right away. Like 5 years after the fact I'd remember saying something here, and be embarrassed that I ever thought that.

Good times. I still hate that forums went away for the most part, and everyone goes to shit holes like Reddit or Twitter these days. No sense of community or relationship there. I still remember everyone's name that's posted in this thread, yet I don't remember the Reddit person I talked with yesterday. I'm glad to see so many people still check back here so often.

Last edited:
Ennui told me about Melanie. RIP.

Hi folks. *waves*

So tonight I got a friend invite from "CyberPitz". How can you forget a person you spent playing/talking to nearly every day after school when you were a teen? Especially with a name like that? I had no idea that Melanie had "acute myeloid leukemia" (AML). I'm just finding out about this now. I also didn't know that CyberPitz married Melanie which was completely awesome! The sad news is that shortly after Melanie passed away.

Melanie was pretty special in that not many girls were on hl2.net and she also played Counter-Strike. I remember going to college for my Associate in Welding and she was going to college to become a bank teller and then decided more of a teacher. My dad is an auto teacher so we had some sort of common bond in that way. Just a fun person to talk to. I never went to NJ even though I could but it would take like 6 hours or so to meet a person on the internet. Of course now we have PAX East so it's more feasible now.

Melanie touched my life because she actually liked to play games rather than be the stereotype that "girls don't play games" or they are "cam girls". You will be missed.

So i make this exact type of thread and get 2 responses. Thanks jerks. I'm looking at you bob...and willie...

So i make this exact type of thread and get 2 responses. Thanks jerks. I'm looking at you bob...and willie...
I love you dad. I'm so drunk majority of the time I remember this place I don't even remember posting here.

What's up, man! I remember you! I haven't been here in quite a while. No offense to the forum, but I'm surprised this place is still up! Great times as a kid here and growing up into an adult. It's crazy how long it's been for a forum, this place is ancient!

Well this is nostalgic.

Despite never really getting too involved I have a lot of fond memories of this place. It's funny how nearly fifteen years later I still recall the names and avatars of the people who posted here - yet I couldn't tell you a single thing about random chuckle**** #124921 on reddit from twenty minutes ago.

I miss the old internet.

Hope everyone is well. Thanks for the memories.

This place is like the abandoned school up the street from my place. It's been remodeled, so it's even weirder when there hasn't actually been school for years.

I'm still here fam.
my original sign up was July 2004

Well came here on a whim to see had anyone posted a new "hey remember when people used to post here?" thread. I was not expecting to see such super sad (old) news. Time can be a ****er like that.

In my own news hi everyone I think I might be trans it's super ****in' weird.

So many familiar names. I hope everyone is well, lots of love!

I feel like I also need to say thanks to everyone. If I had more time maybe I could put it into better words, but this was/is a special place. In a time when anxiety ruled my being, this was a place to feel accepted, to feel listened to. I was a young dumb kid on the internet and you folks made this a place that was safe and fun, and most of all, wonderfully strange. I will always check in every once in a while.

I mean, HL3 must be just around the corner, right?

In my own news hi everyone I think I might be trans it's super ****in' weird.
You think? Don't you have to like... Actively become trans? Hope you get it figured out and can get comfortable with it.

I wish some other members would come back and post updates, I like hearing how everyone is doing. Like, is Numbers still in the S.Korean military? Has Cpt. Stern died of curmudgeonness yet? Has Pi Mu Roh's baldness lead to an epic beard? Etc.

You think? Don't you have to like... Actively become trans?.
Nah, that's just the pre-op / post-op stuff. Not everyone does that. I assume he means he's at the stage where he feels he might have a different gender identity to his biological sex but not to the point where he's decided he's gonna get re-assignment surgery or anything. Right?

Anyway, I too hope you figure it all out and can be happy in the end, Ríomhaire.

You think? Don't you have to like... Actively become trans? Hope you get it figured out and can get comfortable with it.
The terminology and thinking around this stuff has changed over time. There's kind of reason the word "transexual" is looked down on now and people prefer to use "transgender". Transexual carries the connotations of it being about physically getting sex reassignment surgery and things like that while transgender is more about your mental state/feelings/whatever the hell you want to call it and covers people any way along in the process. And there's people who do things like go all the way in so far as going on hormones but never actually getting bottom surgery.

Right now the only thing I can definitely say I am is a ball of anxiety trying to figure myself out and who should probably talk to a therapist.

Wow Nyyrk, way to be super unwoke. Get with the times.

I have a buddy going through similar. He thinks he may be trans but he's mostly just confused and depressed (legitimately) and has been dealing with a lot of shitty stuff in his life for a while now. Hope you can make sense of it and definitely do get help if you think you could benefit from it.

Odd that I haven't posted here in 6 years. Seems like just not too long ago this site was part of my regular routine.

Sup hl2.net

Back