found this cruising the internet, thoughts?

tomemozok

Space Core
Reaction score
1911658_696564230389233_1545850464066970863_n.jpg

Now before everyone curses me and everything, i know this is fake. The only reason i put it in here is to discuss the look of the shot. I would play the hell out of hl3 if it supports this visuals (not that i wouldn't anyhow)
p.s. this makes a good background for your desktop
:D

Visually:
If I'm honest.....it looks very unrefined, the pic you posted is blurry, but I'll blame that on the forum; the high res one is better, but the smoke effect on "life" almost wants to trick the eye into thinking it not in focus and a blur.
Intent:
If you pretend that valve made this and were using it as a release/announcement poster, I would say its very lazy, I mean they could have literally done anything. But if you pretend valve made this after the game came out as a wallpaper with a bunch of other wallpapers, yeah it looks nice.

I think I'm transitioning from the Bargaining stage to Depression for the idea that HL3 might never be released, and this isn't helping. Still, nice pic otherwise. :)

don't know why you guys are talking about something that doesn't exist...

don't know why you guys are talking about something that doesn't exist...

Elisabeth Kubler Ross existed, she was a well known psychiatrist. Get your facts straight dude :LOL:

It looks like shit. I'd be disappointed.

Yeah, that headcrab is clearly from HL2. You can see how low res the texture is. Valve would not release a promotional image without very dressed up CG.

Back