Fountain Hooks: Should they be re-added or is it better that they remain absent from the game?

Fountain Hooks

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SoylentGamer

Headcrab
Reaction score
Well, title says it all. I personally think that the extreme difficulty in pulling off a fountain hook makes it fairly balanced. What do you think?

I thought they were fine while they were included in the game given how much timing, precision, and practice they took to land properly. That said, it was still somewhat unfair and it was absolutely correct for them to have been considered an exploit.

I personally dislike all of the weird exploits related to flying across the map, such as respawning instantly while using Timberchain, Meat Hook, etc. They're just stupid.

that doesnt make sense. If something is very hard to pull off but is very strong it is not balanced. If a Hero had only 1 skill which is a slow skill shot with 200 seconds cooldown but does 2000000000 dmg, then it would be always op, no matter how long the cooldown or how slow the skill shot. (as long as it doesnt have 999999999999 seconds cooldown)

that doesnt make sense. If something is very hard to pull off but is very strong it is not balanced. If a Hero had only 1 skill which is a slow skill shot with 200 seconds cooldown but does 2000000000 dmg, then it would be always op, no matter how long the cooldown or how slow the skill shot. (as long as it doesnt have 999999999999 seconds cooldown)
even then it would be overpowered because you could rush a refresher and it would then have a 200 second cd again. Mirana's arrow is the second longest stun in the game and it has a short cooldown, it only stuns for that long at max range though, which is very difficult to pull off, so it is balanced. Fountain hooks are escapable, on say juggernaut or abbadon though, so it's not like your 2000000000 dmg nuke as it doesn't just always kill. A fountain hook can be dodged, if it fails, it was a tremendous waste because Pudge then is rendered entirely useless, and Chen's return could've been better used in saving a dying hero, if it succeeds, it's effectively a 1 to 1 trade, Pudge kills a hero, but is rendered useless afterwards, and if Chen's return could've saved a dying hero it becomes a 1 to 2 trade, hardly worth it.

Last edited:
even then it would be overpowered because you could rush a refresher and it would then have a 200 second cd again. Mirana's arrow is the second longest stun in the game and it has a short cooldown, it only stuns for that long at max range though, which is very difficult to pull off, so it is balanced. Fountain hooks are escapable, on say juggernaut or abbadon though, so it's not like your 2000000000 dmg nuke as it doesn't just always kill. A fountain hook can be dodged, if it fails, it was a tremendous waste because Pudge then is rendered entirely useless, and Chen's return could've been better used in saving a dying hero, if it succeeds, it's effectively a 1 to 1 trade, Pudge kills a hero, but is rendered useless afterwards, and if Chen's return could've saved a dying hero it becomes a 1 to 2 trade, hardly worth it.

but the difficulty to dodge a fountain hook is the same as dodging a normal hook isnt it? Fountain hook is more powerful, I say op.

but the difficulty to dodge a fountain hook is the same as dodging a normal hook isnt it? Fountain hook is more powerful, I say op.
And when it's pulled off, Pudge is absent for the rest of the fight, and Chen can't save a dying hero from the fight, and if it misses you could lose a hero, Pudge is absent and useless.

Back