Friend just bought and DLed HL2 ... French!? WTF!

MuToiD_MaN

The Freeman
Reaction score
So I tried searching for info on this and didn't come up with anything to explain this ...

My friend just bought, downloaded, and installed HL2 on his computer, and the game is in French. Steam is in English, but in the game all the voice acting is in French. What the hell is that about?? And how can he fix it?

delete clientregistary.blob, reload steam goto options change language to English.

If that fails do the above, delete local content then redownload Half Life 2.

Teach your friend French.

Oh he's actually pretty fluent, but he's American and isn't all that interested in playing through a game in an alternate language :) Kinda funny how it coincided like that.

Raziel-Jcd said:
I tryed and failed :/
I know le language le perfectly. I can parlez la french easily.

IE, studied for four years didn't learn shit.

How's the voice acting in the french version?

"Ze Combaan! Zey took our cheese! But zey cannot take our wahnne! Viva la Reseestahnce!"
lol, just kidding. I haven't heard it myself.

MuToiD_MaN said:
"Ze Combaan! Zey took our cheese! But zey cannot take our wahnne! Viva la Reseestahnce!"
lol, just kidding. I haven't heard it myself.
Hehe. I can imagine Breen's speech to Freeman;
"You will never reach the citadel, I will laugh and fart in your general direction! Your father was a drunk, and your mother smells like elderberries!"

French Breen... wil wonders never cease.

MuToiD_MaN said:
So I tried searching for info on this and didn't come up with anything to explain this ...

My friend just bought, downloaded, and installed HL2 on his computer, and the game is in French. Steam is in English, but in the game all the voice acting is in French. What the hell is that about?? And how can he fix it?
I'd like to point out that your avatar appears to be made out of pure, concentrated awesome.

Bull Goose Loony said:
Sacre blue! Le Combine!
I don't see any reason why there would be any other dialouge than that in the french version. You surely made a plausable point there. :cool:

Varsity said:
I'd like to point out that your avatar appears to be made out of pure, concentrated awesome.
Thanks, but to be truthful it was actually 60% awesome, 30% beer, 10% 4-in-the-morning delirium. Smash TV FTW!

Back