Friendly Fire or Not? which do you prefer.

Which mode do you prefer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
R

Ragingsamster

I have found that FF servers can have more rewarding gameplay, if the n00b count is kept down - TK'rs can be a pain but on a well admined server it becomes less of a problem. Non-FF servers tend to be very spammy, and although they don't have the TK issue, the teamwork is not on the same level as the FF ones.

Whajathink?

It really depends. In a match or a public server I know the admins of, I love FF on - makes the game infinitly more tactical.

However, if I just wander onto a random public server I like FF to be off, not only so some idiot can't just blow me away at the start of a round, but because if I shoot someone by mistake I don't like being slain or whatever :(

FF On keeps those turds who simply fling bombs on their feet, so they don't fling a HE into a wall and onto himself and his team.

For public servers, I like FF off. I usually play on big servers so a lot of times people run in front of me, and I like to shoot like a mad man without thinking.
But for scrims/matches, definitely have it on.

I feel that it is better with FF on. The TK'r rules I think are good enough to deal with people who are out to ruin the game for others. If you make a genuine mistake, or someone wanders in to your line of fire as is often the case, then usually there are no hard feelings as everyone apologises. Mistakes can lead to a closer team that actually works as a team.

I prefer FF on, since it is more realistic. However, I started two games recently on different servers where some trigger-happy . . . people . . . killed someone on their team at almost every start. (I do not mean later in the game either. I mean at their spawn points seconds after the round started.) It gets old fast, and I do not mind FF off for that reason.

PS: I did not vote.

I'm very mixed about this, as on pubs, FF on can be a big annoyance with all of the 'nade whores and people who like to ask if FF is on 40 minutes into a server.

But then again, with good, careful players, FF is more fun. One of my favorite things to do in any game is to get enemies to kill each other with a sacrifice. Not only does it eliminate an enemy, but it also makes for some good fun watching the two idiots argue until one of my teammates runs around the corner. :D

i generally just play in pubs.. so for me ff off is the best solution.
i find there are too many morons who like to ruin the gameplay.. especially when theres no admins around.. so unless u play on admin controlled servers, at some point during that time, ur in for some fruitcake TK'ing the team.

edit:

Malfunction said:
Not only does it eliminate an enemy, but it also makes for some good fun watching the two idiots argue until one of my teammates runs around the corner. :D

i understand what ur trying to say...but if u are on the team of the two idiots, what ends up happening is that one of them TK's the other the next round.. and soon it ends with the whole team TK'ing each other :|

On the servers I usually play, I prefer it off. It's bad enough that I get repeatedly teamflashed by people that can't throw nades, if I was dying because of this aswell I think I'd end up pulling out my hair.

ff-on. It stops the killing squads and nade spammers to a minimum. If someone tk's they get to sit out a round and if CS was as good as DOD 6 tks and you're friggen banned for 5 hours.

When you have a stacked team which happens alot in CS, they won't be able to line up like they do without FF. Everyone has to aim and spread out more. Thus stoping insane rushes with M4's blazing. Which leads to more stacked teams when the GREAT teams can buy high powered weapons and spam like a phalanx.

FF is better by far. Tk'ers are only a problem when the ADMIN makes it a problem. When ff is on and tk protection off it usually mean the admin is a moron or jerk anyway. So it's a crappy server and you should go elsewhere.

I think I prefer FF off on public ones too.
Once I killed a team mate by accident by throwing something at him with the gravity gun. It actullay happened twice, but just because he ran just in front of my fire. What a luck :/
After that he always accused me by killing him when he killed himself. :/

It's a mixed bag really, I usually play on FF-off servers since a) there are more of these servers and b) it stops spawn tk-ing and general retards from spoiling your game.

However I prefer the gameplay with FF-on but only in a decent server with a decent set of peeps who play regularly there..

Back