Friends list in Steam won't work

bosox188

Tank
Reaction score
Whenever I try to sign in to the Friends network or whatever on Steam it never works, always says couldn't connect. I've opened the ports on my firewall that it needed and it still didn't work does anybody know why?

Friends rarely if ever works.

Fact of life.

1,308 posts and only now you notice that friends doesn't work?

Have you been living under a rock, floating around in outer space for the last 2 years? Thats when it last worked i believe.

Wait.... Steam has friends!! oh yeah...thats right...friends dosn't work...it's been so long since I last even tried to get on...ive givin up.

Dark8Master89 said:
Friends network is actully being remade.

"We are working on a major rewrite of Friends to make it maintainable and bring it in line with our other Steam systems. This rewrite also allows us to add some features we have been wishing for."

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=312471

Thanks for the link, should be interesting reading on the new features and how the friends network will work once they have remade it.

Dark8Master89 said:
Friends network is actully being remade.

"We are working on a major rewrite of Friends to make it maintainable and bring it in line with our other Steam systems. This rewrite also allows us to add some features we have been wishing for."
Thank GOD!
:thumbs:

Well I don't really play CS but I have HL2DM and I've started playing it online and I like it. I never really used Steam much playing games online so I never bothered looking at the Friends thing. So I just started trying to use it and it wouldn't work. Now I know, thanks. And I've heard Xfire mentioned a lot, so I thought if I couldn't get Friends to work I'd try that. I didn't expect Steam to have a feature if it didn't work.

ahahahahaha friends. It never works, last time I tried to connect to "friends" it messed up my steam and I couldn't join any servers :|

Welcome to the Gweedodogg69 Club, I've seen it work here and there...but it doesn't work. Just use XFire or w/e it's called.

I remember one time Steam Friends did work. That was years ago like. Then it started to mess up, my friends names screwed up, then just turned tothem boxes. Then they kept disappearing, no matter how many times i added them. Lately, that is ofa few months ago, I just couldnt sign in at all. Thought maybe it was me or something with ports or whatever. Im glad to see Valve is workin on it, but I just use Xfire though. it kicks ass :p

Back