Friends or Seinfield?

what do u prefer?

• Friends

Votes: 25 27.8%
  • Seinfield

Votes: 65 72.2%

• Total voters
I never really got into Friends. Maybe 'cause I was watching it, I got the feeling that I was watching a chick flick or something similar. Probably the episode, but I just never got into the whole thing.

Sienfeld on the other hand, was consistently good, since they would have something completely different every episode. It's surprising how interesting it was to see these characters searching for a car in the parking garage, getting out of a traffic jam, or trying to figure out who spit on them.

Has anyone seen the new show Curb Your Enthusiasm from Larry David (co-producer of Seinfeld)? It's not as crazy as Seinfeld, but it has a similar feel to it.

Friends is the best. I'm just tired of Seinfeld. (used to love it)

Kramer and Chandler are both my comedic idols, but Seinfeld as a whole is funnier. It's not on telly here at the moment, Friends is. It's on the "WE WERE ON A BREAK!" episodes, so I'm taking a break from watching it.

well, since friends was probably one of the worst shows on tv, and seinfeld was one of thebest, ill go with seinfeld

seinfield, friends is cheesey little "OH LOOK WHAT CHANDLER DID HAHAHAHAHA" Sienfield actually delt with little useless things that nobody thinks about.

Seinfeld was and so far still is the only show ever done about absolutely nothing.

Dalamari said:
seinfield, friends is cheesey little "OH LOOK WHAT CHANDLER DID HAHAHAHAHA" Sienfield actually delt with little useless things that nobody thinks about.

You shut up, Chandler is brilliant. Check my sig ;)

Sprafa said:
Seinfeld was and so far still is the only show ever done about absolutely nothing.

Yeah, they even have an episode where they try and pitch a show about absolutely nothing.

Kramer is a legend! Seinfeld is my fave show since Mr Bean. But Seinfeld turns out to be THE funniest show ever.

Seinfeld is one of my favorite shows of all time...next to 24, and the Simpsons (the old Simpsons)

Seinfeld was a rare show in that the characters were so dynamic. They were in all sorts of situations and always had different reactions. I stopped watching network TV shortly after it went off the air, the new shows just aren't funny.

Friends was a very good show to begin with. Many of the older episodes were hilarious. However, the characters became static, and the plot lines were always the same. It is what I call "The Simpson's Effect", where a show goes on for to long, and becomes a one trick pony, doing one thing over and over again (ala, Homer is stupid, now everyone laugh).

But Seinfeld is certainly the best show on TV right now, even in syndacation.

Seinfeld over Friends, no doubt!

I tried watching a few episode of Friends a while ago and my God, it was the sorriest pile of rubbish I've ever seen.

Seinfeld may not be the best sitcom ever but it's still damn good. I agree with CptStern in that Friends is way too "safe" while Seinfeld goes for much darker humour, if only more American comedies were like Seinfeld...there were actually some pretty good ones back in the 70's with shows like M.A.S.H., All in the Family, Soap, Taxi (to a degree)

It's funny reading user comments for "Friends" on imdb.com with someone saying "i luv this show, this is how real people act"...lol

Seinfeld, Kramer is awesome, and friends is.... well......

gay.

The Seinfeld characters were simply not likeable. I did enjoy the show at one point, but by the end of it, I really wished the worst for them all.

Friends was likeable and funny,. though still not the best of the sitcoms.

Arrested Development,. now there is a quality sitcom.

The Friends characters were not likable. They were all too idealistic or stereotypical.

The Seinfeld characters on the other hand, were complex and often acted in different ways based on the situation.

George is my favorite character in any show ever. I can't think of a Seinfeld episode where the George subplot was not funny.

Baal said:
Seinfeld is one of my favorite shows of all time...next to 24, and the Simpsons (the old Simpsons)

Now if you had only thrown in Family Guy...you would've been my new best friend :) 24 is the greatest show on TV right now (*wondering when 4th season will air*). More people should watch it.

Seinfeld kicks Friends ass. They actually had a small saga sorta deal where they were pitching and making a pilot for the show about nothing. I remember the show where they were doing casting...I just don't remember where they took it from there.

Seinfeld was mint. Arrested Development is, as well.

I'd rather sit and watch white noise on my tv for a half hour than watch an episode of Friends. Oh wait... but then I'd still be watching Friends.

WHAT! owned.

:|

Seinfeld, I like Friends too but the humor in Seinfeld is far better and less predictable. But Joey is cool though :)

Where's the "Neither" button?
I ****ing HATE Seinfeld! I hate the theme melody, I feel like ripping Seinfeld's buttugly snickers off and then start beating him with his own shoes when it gets played! Then I would turn that little bald fat **** inside out and burn that tall guy's hair!
Friends is so ****ing predictable! All the episodes are the same! Blablabla-love-love-haha-love-awww-cat-Joey-says-something-funny-because-he-doesn't-get-what's-going-on-and-Jennifer-Aniston-is-annoying...
It's all the same!

I dont find Seinfield funny. and its not very popular in UK at all.

Freinds is huge here is much better imo

Seinfeld was quite popular in the UK, mainly channel4's adoption and lack of any other TV programmes to show made friends asbig as it was here....while seinfeld had bbc2 and paramount.

Hace to say seinfeld tho, so much better than friends!

-- No soup for you --

I used to watch....actually i still do usually, Friends on E4 from 5pm to 6pm then over to channel 4 for more Friends till 6:30pm then Hollyoaks (....the women! :E) then Emmerdale then Corronation St then Eastenders :LOL: :p

I never watched Seinfeld though (never even heard of it) so i would'nt know how to compare the two so i just voted Friends.

I hardly find Friends funny, they stick in canned laughter in such stupid places... Chandler tells a joke ... me = haha, audience = haha. Joey says something such as "okay.." me = :sleep: Audience = haha again.. its just not funny people.!!

So i voted Seinfeld, although it's probably more of the same.

Friends is a joke and probably one of the gayest shows ever. Seinfield owns but his stand up hurts.

Back