Fringe returns tonight friday 9/8c

Jerry_111

Reaction score
Watch this show so it doesn't die in the Friday deathslot!

Too bad I'm going out tonight, but I still have 4 episodes to catch up on too. I hate being behind but being busy sucks sometimes

What season is it? I still need to rewatch all of Season 2. Maybe I'll turn it on just to give it another rating.

Better than ever too. I can't believe how much it improved halfway through S2 and onwards.

Great episode.
Completely worth the waiting through the hiatus.

I expected it to go down a little at best, but an actual increase from its previous ratings? Nice.

I like that they made the observers such a central part of the story. If this was X-Files they would've introduced the observer, only to never explain wtf is up with him and forget all about it a few episodes later.

Excellent episode, glad to hear the ratings have improved.

Can anyone tell me when its starting back on Sky One?

I expected it to go down a little at best, but an actual increase from its previous ratings? Nice.
Because they know Geeks and Nerds don't go out on a Friday night *chuckle*

Can anyone tell me when its starting back on Sky One?

Because they know Geeks and Nerds don't go out on a Friday night *chuckle*

Anyone remember the old SCI-FI lineup of Stargate SG-1, Stargate Atlantis, and Battlestar Galactica? Why did SCI-FI screw that successful Friday lineup?

Finally all caught up. I can watch on Friday now to support the ratings, horray!

Also, the marionette thing a few episodes back... dear god that was weird. I wonder if we're ever going to learn anything about Peter's past, about those people his gal pal early on in the first season said would come looking for him. I thought thats what he was doing sneaking out during this last episode.

Awesome. Latest episode was pretty good wasn't it?

As for the ratings, it has survived it's first two friday nights, with ratings superior to those back when it was on the thursday time slot. Next week is the most important, though, as it'll be up against a new episode of Supernatural and, iirc, a new episode of CSI: NY, not to mention some other stuff I don't remember. So yeah, more people getting into it is always a great thing.

The latest episode was kinda eh, I thought. Not sure I like the idea that the machine is changing him because he touched a part of it. Even for this show, that seems a bit silly.

Well he's intrigued for good reason. I don't find it silly. :O

The latest episode was kinda eh, I thought. Not sure I like the idea that the machine is changing him because he touched a part of it. Even for this show, that seems a bit silly.

Here you have a device that supposedly has the power to destroy universes, and that's OK, but you think it's ability to change the personality of it potential "user" to be silly? Really?

Yeah, I do. We've already been introduced to weapons with huge destructive capability, and we've already been introduced to the fragility of the universe. The only personality altering thing in the show has been one of the Cortexiphan kids, but that was a person projecting his own emotions. All these things were at least remotely explainable, but I don't see how they can make a machine that wasn't even assembled project an emotion or behavior which it does not possess, being a machine and all.

Fantastic episode.
So glad I didn't give up on this show.

Yeah, I do. We've already been introduced to weapons with huge destructive capability, and we've already been introduced to the fragility of the universe. The only personality altering thing in the show has been one of the Cortexiphan kids, but that was a person projecting his own emotions. All these things were at least remotely explainable, but I don't see how they can make a machine that wasn't even assembled project an emotion or behavior which it does not possess, being a machine and all.

First of all, the machine is not projecting things in Peter's head.

The whole point of the episode is that Peter is now willing to do whatever it takes to find out why he's linked to said machine of huge destructive capability. The machine is not changing his personality, it's changing his behavior. It's clear that the very idea of being the one who gets to use it at some point freaks him out, as it should. That was the whole point of that episode. Not only does Peter affect the machine, the machine affects him on some level. Being in that room and seeing it activated due to his presence is what drove him to do what he did in that episode.

First of all, the machine is not projecting things in Peter's head.

The whole point of the episode is that Peter is now willing to do whatever it takes to find out why he's linked to said machine of huge destructive capability. The machine is not changing his personality, it's changing his behavior. It's clear that the very idea of being the one who gets to use it at some point freaks him out, as it should. That was the whole point of that episode. Not only does Peter affect the machine, the machine affects him on some level. Being in that room and seeing it activated due to his presence is what drove him to do what he did in that episode.

They way Walter said it, makes it sound like the machine intentionally did something to him. "When you touched the machine, it changed you, weaponized you." That seems pretty literal. Considering how unimportant it seemed in the new episode though, I suppose it would have just been analogous. Don't really buy it though, I have a feeling its going to be explained as it literally changing him.

Yeah latest episode was basically "cleavage yay". :S

Fantastic episode.
Pregnant Altivia seems like a definite game changer to me, damn Peter's got it bad.

Tonight's ep was brilliant.
Loved it.

Really felt for Walternate.

So basically Peter's boinked not one but TWO Olivias?

..... Jealous.

Yeah, i love it as well. It gives me nostalgic goosebumps every time i hear it. These flashback episodes, in general, are pretty good. They add a lot of substance to the characters. I am really starting to sympathize with Walternate. If it wasn't for Walter and the kidnapping of Peter, he never would have turned into the malicious figure that he is today.

I wonder if our Olivia is actually from the other dimension too since the little Olivia crossed over to the other side when she went to Walter to report her abuse. Probably not since the other Olivia has red hair. That could be a dye job, though. I guess, we'll have to wait and see what happens in the upcoming episodes.

What? That makes no sense, and really, whould serve no purpose. And the other olivia can't cross over, so that whould leave our side with 2. I don't really get how you whould get to that just becouse she spoke to Walternate. She was upset, and it's her emotions that lets her use the powers she got.

I spent the last week watching this from the beginning, and while much of Season 1 was kind of eh, I've really really liked the second half of Season 2, into Season 3. Really hope Fox doesn't can it.

I spent the last week watching this from the beginning, and while much of Season 1 was kind of eh, I've really really liked the second half of Season 2, into Season 3. Really hope Fox doesn't can it.

Yes it's amazing how great it suddenly became. DO NOT MISS IT TONIGHT.

Phenomenal episode tonight, I really can't wait to see where this new arc goes.

Next week's episode looks weird as all hell.

Lincoln Lee in our universe really reminded me of Simon Tam from Firefly. Pretty great episode, the William-Bell-Inside-Olivia thing is a lot cooler than I expected it to be.

I'm gonna call her Bellivia :p

Haven't seen the episode yet though. Going to see it tonight!

I know what I would do all day if I were in Olivia's body....

Back