Fringe returns tonight friday 9/8c

Just to make sure that I got that right...

At the end did Peter get transported into the future? Since the new world trade tower was finished.

Yes, there was a sign of a memorial for 9/11 that said 2001, and then underneath it said 2021, so presumably it's at least ten years in the future. I think the preview for next week actually said it's 15 years.

I've heard so much good about the latest episode, I'll be seeing it tonight! :D

Damnit, I specifically caught up watching the last three episodes so I could watch it last night, and I just forgot about it.

I am unable to criticize an episode that pulls off such mind ****. I'm very excited for the finale.

Truly awesome trailer.
Friday seems so far away.

Trailers make it look like Peter successfully destroyed the alternate universe, but Walternate survived and is now wrecking havoc over here? And somehow our Walter was incarcerated again?

Really curious to see where this is going.

That trailer looks more like something from a theatrical movie and less a scifi series constantly struggling for ratings. nice.

Only if you're part of the minuscule minority with a Nielsen box.

I'm aware of the need of a Nielsen Box. But I can't know who has one, so the messages go to everyone.

I didn't even know such a thing existed until this thread.

It makes the concept of ratings even more ridiculously ****ing stupid.

I can tell you from first-hand experience that the data provided from people meters are wildly inaccurate if people are even half as forgetful as I was when my family had one.

Holy shit, I had no idea thats how it worked. Thats retarded.

Holy shit, I had no idea thats how it worked. Thats retarded.

It's funny how online streaming enables networks to pinpoint exactly how many people have watched an episode of the show, yet all they care about is antiquated estimates by nielsens rating systems that haven't changed in 50 years, because that's all the commercials are at -- on live TV.

And it's probably part of the reason more niche science fiction shows keep on getting cancelled. The audiences that make up those niche shows are made up of college-aged individuals who would be more likely to stream shows online via hulu, netflix, or torrents. And that precious 18-24 age demographic that tv networks strive for go largely unrecorded and lost because, well, they aren't being counted into the total audience.

I'm at a ****ing loss for words as to what I just watched.

So, the Observers basically created Peter as a means to merge the two universes or what?

I'm at a ****ing loss for words as to what I just watched.

So, the Observers basically created Peter as a means to merge the two universes or what?

My thoughts exactly they have comissioned a fourth season so I guess we find out what happens next.
He just brought their alternate versions of themselves to our universe to solve the problems thus no more destruction
My guess is the Observers had an accident with our universe splitting it into two (probably at the beginning of our civilization) and they have been observing (keeping and eye on things ever since)Or there always has been an alternate Universe (Scientists claim there are currently 11 unverses in existance)
When Peter died over here and Walter viewed Walternet working on a cure, he had the cure(the beaker changed colour) but didnt see it as one of the observers distracted him, causing Walter to tear the universe apart to take alternate son to his side to cure him this kicking of the events we have already witnessed.
So Peter should have died in both universes thus no damage would be made to our universes or the observer shoudnt have interfeared with Walternates cure of his Peter, its all the observers fault really!
This is just a theory I will be wrong, just hurts my head thinking about it, my wife told me to go away and play some video games I'm off to play portal 2 but doubt it will help much.....

So Peter should have died in both universes thus no damage would be made to our universes or the observer shoudnt have interfeared with Walternates cure of his Peter, its all the observers fault really!

Why would both Peters have died, if Walternate realized that he'd found the cure? His Peter would have lived in that case.

Why would both Peters have died, if Walternate realized that he'd found the cure? His Peter would have lived in that case.

Walternate didn't realize he had found the cure because of the observer. So if Walter hadn't crossed into the other universe, both Peters would have died.

Walternate didn't realize he had found the cure because of the observer. So if Walter hadn't crossed into the other universe, both Peters would have died.

No, because if the observer didn't distract Walternate, Walternate would have noticed that he had the cure, and thus given it to his son.

Yes, however what's done is done. The observer can't undo it.

And BTW, the whole Peter ceases to exist thing doesn't make any sense to me.

The problem with the whole "Peter goes out of existence" thing is that it implies Peter shouldn't be alive, and that's not true.

Without Peter, Walter still crossed over to Walternate's Universe because, as Bell said, he lacked the humility, he didn't know where to stop, where to draw the line. How in the world Walter can still be who he is without Peter having existed is beyond me, since that was a huge catalyst for his change. Regardless, Walter crosses over anyway, universes break down etc, and then the Statue of Liberty becomes a bridge between them. Seemingly at random since Peter evidently doesn't exist.

The Observer was okay with Walter taking Peter on the grounds that Peter had to survive, to get to this point. Peter's destiny was evidently to just bring the two universes together and make everyone understand that they had to work together. Now the Observers are done with him, he did what he was alive to do. So they removed him. And apparently all trace of him.

That's the part that I don't get. It's because of Peter that everyone changed and became who they are. You can't remove him from the equation simply because he did what he was supposed to with the machine.

SPOILER FOR SEASON 4:
Peter isn't gone for good. Not sure how they're pulling it off, but Joshua Jackson is coming back.

It appears that one ability of the machine is to change the course of past events, perhaps the entire timeline, over to one where Peter had died in both universes and Walter's experiment caused the vortex resonance cascade thingy without a successful Peter retrieval. By doing that he cancels himself out of ever existing. I wonder how the others think they all ended up together and also what's going to happen to Bolivia's kid.

Joshua Jackson is still under contract for this coming season so I'm sure they'll write some twist to will him back into existance ... maybe even both Peters? It's definitely high time they let him play his alternate for a change.

I think they will find a third universe that they will conect to and bring peter over from that side. At least that is what I am thinking.

I didn't like this finale at all. Horrible pacing and a poorly written ending. Yorick made some good points about it.

"He never existed. He served his purpose." Who the **** activated the machines then? Talk about convoluted and nonsensical bullshit. You could drive Mandingo's 12" dick through the gaping plotholes. I wouldn't be surprised if JJ Abrams is starting to pull off the same shit that he did with Lost.

I don't see how this makes sense, but I'm willing to wait and see how they resolve it. Joshua Jackson is meant to come back, after all.

I wouldn't be surprised if JJ Abrams is starting to pull off the same shit that he did with Lost.

I hate when people say that. Abrams didn't write LOST. He helped come up with the idea and directed a couple of episodes.

As far as where it's going now, I expect it had something to do with 2026 Walter telling Peter that sending his consciousness back in time would have unexpected consequences.

Walter will figure something out, he always does =)

Plus now there are two Walters in that one spot. Once they remember Peter there is no way they will let him stay "erased".

Well, the ending was...interesting. Glad to hear Joshua Jackson is on board for next season, though.

Back