Frosen Enemies

P

picard

Frozen Enemies

Does anyone know what causes this problem? I downloaded a warez-copy of the game, and I liked it very mutch. I have decided I'm gonna to buy the game if I can resolve the problem with the frozen enemies. Is this a problem for the warez-version only? Or will I have the same problem if I buy the game?

I know many of you gonna tell me no to download warez material, but I am sick of buying crappie games. Now I download, try, and buy if I like.

i think it is the warez version.
I have the legal version and it works great.
YOU SUCK , i hate you, valve spends 3 years to complete this game and you steels it

koenus said:
i think it is the warez version.
I have the legal version and it works great.
YOU SUCK , i hate you, valve spends 3 years to complete this game and you steels it
Well he is gonna buy it so relax dude.

picard said:
I know many of you gonna tell me no to download warez material, but I am sick of buying crappie games.

You thought that Half-Life 2 would be a "crappie" game???:O

You sicken me. ;)
Oh, and the warez bit annoys me as well.

Yeah it's a problem with the warez version.

Not sure if I hate you or not... lol

Even though you're (apparently) going to buy it, you've still stolen off Valve. It's like stealing a copy from your local store, playing it, then deciding you like it and are going to buy it.

You can hate me until you burst. I still wont buy a game before playing a demo or a warez version. Valve will get their money if I'm sure about not getting this problem in the legal version..

u can fix that even in the warez version, but i wont tell how.
dont pm me ... if u want it solved, use your brain.

but i prefer that you buy the game

No this problem does not exist in the retail version, you can rest assured of that. Its only a problem with the warez releases.

You won't tell me about the Ai_disable 0 setting i the console? Why, Why, Why????? :D

If this setting fix the problem I will buy the game :)

You'd better buy it! And we want proof when you do!

Don't worry picard, I too believe that in this era of shameless and coutless rip off get-rich-quick schemes, that there is nothing wrong with try before you buy as long as you stick to it.

I have always paid for games before trying them, but I always apply your method when buying music. I download 1 or 2 of the songs from the album, and if I like them then I get the whole album. If I don't like em I simply delete them cos well... I don't like em! Durrrr....

I even bought some ridiculously expensive Frontline Assembly cds while I was briefly in England because you can't get it in New Zealand and I felt guilty about having songs of theirs that I liked and yet not being able to buy anything from them...

Just buy the bloody game. There is no problem with the retail. We don't want to hear about how you download games illegally and support the people who steal them in the first place. I suppose next you're just going to tell us you're trying out hacks "to see what it'll look like when you're really good at playing the game". Give me a break.

You should be careful, There have been like 20000 steam accounts banned because they tried the warez version alot actually ended up buying the real version, They lost the money for hl2, and they cant use ANY cd-key from their other legit games on steam.

Kind of Nazilike I would expect it from Microsoft but not valve oh well I did not have anything to do with warez because I expected this (well not THIS this, something much less extreme)

Not that it matters. I bet you he used the warez version Valve released to catch the pirates. So that means that his Steam access will most likely be blocked and he'll be banned. So it works either way.

Valve have no option but to crack down hard on warez and users of warez.

"There have been like 20000 steam accounts banned" Just like the WTC killed eight million people.

However, that seemingly gross exaggeration aside, that makes me laugh and smile. I like to see the suckers burn. What I'd love to see are the people who play the warez version with no intention of buying the real game burn.

eediot said:
"There have been like 20000 steam accounts banned" Just like the WTC killed eight million people.

However, that seemingly gross exaggeration aside, that makes me laugh and smile. I like to see the suckers burn. What I'd love to see are the people who play the warez version with no intention of buying the real game burn.

Waldo himself said on the steampowered.com forums that 20000 accounts were banned from using a fake CD key that apparently Valve released to catch them out.

I had one frozen dude in da game, and I bought the game vie Steam. :monkee:

Kommie said:
You should be careful, There have been like 20000 steam accounts banned because they tried the warez version alot actually ended up buying the real version, They lost the money for hl2, and they cant use ANY cd-key from their other legit games on steam.

if u have a warez version, u dont have to bother with steam at all. so valve can do nothing, since you not even have a steam account they can close :)

jacen said:
if u have a warez version, u dont have to bother with steam at all. so valve can do nothing, since you not even have a steam account they can close :)

Well that just chaps my ass, now I look like a fool. As opposed to when I dont look like a fool which is quite often! regardless ALOT of filthy pirates got their asses handed to em

VALVE PWNZ STINKIN FILTHY PIRATES
SEE THE ACTUAL PHOTOGRAPH OF VALVE PWNING!!!!!

TigerRei said:
Not that it matters. I bet you he used the warez version Valve released to catch the pirates. So that means that his Steam access will most likely be blocked and he'll be banned. So it works either way.

This is untrue. valve never once said they released a fake copy, they simply said they were trying a experiment. And the warez copy of HL2 doesn't use steam at all, its cracked so you can play it without even starting steam.

What they did was they leaked a cd-key that allowed you to play for a little while then BAM they but a ban on your filthy pirate ass!!!

Valve didn't release the key, they just knew about one that was circulating.

well, when (if) you do get a retail copy (which i guarantee will fix your problem), and you're sitting there frustrated with steam trying activate the damn thing online, you'll only have people such as yourself to blame for the extra hassle. i don't think any real gamer needs to be told that this game is worth every penny.

the_FNG said:
well, when (if) you do get a retail copy (which i guarantee will fix your problem), and you're sitting there frustrated with steam trying activate the damn thing online, you'll only have people such as yourself to blame for the extra hassle. i don't think any real gamer needs to be told that this game is worth every penny.

Well, unfortunately some dumbass publishers (I don't mean VUG here) have undermined the trust of gamers towards games. Previously, I would also be sure whether a game is worth the money or not. Now, that I have seen a few examples of games being screwed up amazingly, I understand people who try before buying. What I don't understand is why many games no longer have demos. In the old days, it was normal - you get a demo, see if you like it, and buy the game if you do. The thing with developers not releasing demos now is that many people will want a warez version to try, or stay away from trying the game altogehter.

The game is now working fine and i have bought the game, but i will probably finish the game in the warez version. To mutch stress/risk with the legal version it seems..

Then what was the point in buying the retail if you just gonna finish the game in the warez version?

Kommie said:
What they did was they leaked a cd-key that allowed you to play for a little while then BAM they but a ban on your filthy pirate ass!!!

Wow that'll look nice on my refrigirator.

I'm not sure which pisses me off more, someone warezing a game, or that person complaining because their warezed version is "broken".

Well, I could see what your statement is picard...but downloading a warez version of the game is well, just lame.

If a friend has it, why won't you goto a friends house and check it out for a little bit if your in a decision to buy it or not?

picard said:
Does anyone know what causes this problem? I downloaded a warez-copy of the game, and I liked it very mutch. I have decided I'm gonna to buy the game if I can resolve the problem with the frozen enemies. Is this a problem for the warez-version only? Or will I have the same problem if I buy the game?

I know many of you gonna tell me no to download warez material, but I am sick of buying crappie games. Now I download, try, and buy if I like.

F**k OFF WAREZ MONKEY PIRATE A**HOLE SONOFAB***H IDIOT!! I cannot believe that you are so STUPID as to not only steal the greatest game ever made (thereby stealing money that would be used to create the next HalfLife), but then be enough of a dumbass to come on the HalfLife 2 forums and ask for help with your stolen copy! You dumb M***erF**ker, you deserve a crappy unplayable copy, I hope VALVe finds out who you are and kills and legitimate copy you purchase afterwards (as well as your pirate copy). These forums are for those who support HalfLife 2 and enjoy it. You are stealing from the people who give us all enjoyment. Go away.

it gladdens me that you bought it
it is worth it

TigerRei said:

valve did no such thing

get your facts straight..
http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/34618
"First, Valve did not put out any kind of fake key or fake warez or hack instructions to trap people. The hack came from the "community" as do they all. Second, the number of people who actually had bought HL2 and used the CD key cheat was VERY small. VERY small. Most people just tried to rip off the game and not bother buying it."

the warez version that is floating around does not require steam, it emulates it thus no stuttering, you can be offline and it loads up perfectly fine, you will get the AI_Disalbed everyttime you load a game, but simply add ai_disable 0 to the autoexec.cfg and problem solved..

research before you post mr.valve fanboy :sniper:

edit: my god, why are people chastizing this guy for dl'ing it? i did, and guess what, i lvoed the the first level, and i went to best buy and bought it.. TRY before you buy, i dl'd doom3, hated it, deleted it didnt buy it.. i cannot afford to buy games left and right only to waste my money on a shitty game

boo hoo he downloaded warez!

im gonna go run and tell valve!

picard said:

here is a cd-key for you.
g0buy-th3g4m3-stup1d-n00b

picard said:
I downloaded a warez-copy of the game

You are not going to have ANY respect on these forums if you are a warez user. Thanks for honesty, though. Please buy a regular version, it's worth every penny. Until then, no more questions answered.

Haha, do you guys really think VALVe needs you to protect them?

Back