Frozen Synapse

Every so often the game will just lock up for no reason.. usually when I'm about to click a button like duck. It's really annoying.

Shit takes forever to upload and download turns too. Methinks they weren't prepared for the server demand.

On the Texas server as BadHat, already added a few of you.

O3LOw.png

Whoa, is that our Jintor on the scoreboard?

Name is Vicarrion on the Texas server. Hope they fix their server issues soon.

Whoa, is that our Jintor on the scoreboard?

Pretty sure it is. Wait, what scoreboards? Is he high up or something?

But yeah, vegeta said Jintor is playing. Though I never see him around the forums anymore.

Been sending a turn to Krynn for about 15 minutes now, dang.

I was all confident about my move before I primed it, then I noticed a move I didn't think of, so I feel like he's gonna **** me now. Please don't **** me. :(

Edit: Thanks for the replay tip Raz, was just wondering about that.

What mode do you guys like the best? I've only played light and dark extermination... but honestly I like light extermination more. I find it more challenging on a mental level, since it's not just a game about where your opponent might be... it's what he might do. You know he can do so many things and you can simulate so many things and figuring out if it's the right or wrong one and then committing to it is brutal.

Liking dark better so far. Being able to keep your units hidden adds a nice stealth element, lets you get the jump on others if you're crafty enough. Also forces you to keep track of your opponent's units as closely as possible, and make assumptions based on where they were headed last and how long since they left your sight.

Light is chess, dark is stratego.. that's about the difference.

Light is chess, dark is stratego.. that's about the difference.

Yeah. I consider light to be like Chess.

Edit: Man... I love this game. Won every single match so far except against Vegeta... which is 3 losses and 1 draw vs him, not counting my wins against him.

zDamX.jpg

Yeah I like this game.

My global record is 54:13

3 of those losses are to me, sucka. You know, I've lost every game I've played except for those three. You must suck.

EDIT: Two more games, two more losses to Krynn. Look at this catastrophe Vegeta. Your rank is a mystery to me.

This game is badass. I am JohnBrindle and I don't give a shit about my stats so I'll join any server you care to name.

This game went well for me. I successfully predicted what the enemy might do and was amazed at how much he played into my hands (I thought my plan was desperate and barely worthwhile when I executed it, and was terrified of his rocket launcher, hence my dudes fleeing as soon as they took their shots). I don't know why he bunched up his guys like that when there were rocket launchers on the table. I do prefer light mode as it's more about trying to work out what your opponent will do within a given range, rather than blundering into each other semi-accidentally.

Nice. He was probably a fairly new player if he grouped together like that. You learn quick to spread out when there's rockets and grenades going everywhere. I myself prefer dark mode, since it encourages actual tactics, with overwatch guys who will get line of sight to a lot of things, even if he doesn't get to shoot much, while having your other dudes stealth it up. When you can't see someone for a couple turns, then you really gotta think about what his grander strategy would be, and try and work out what his previous moves would have been, in addition to what his next one will be.

I think most of hl2.net is on the Texas server.

Which number? That was on TEXAS2.

Funny thing is the guy was more experienced than me, and that was my second game. Perhaps he thought he didn't need to be careful since he slaughtered me in a single turn of the previous game.

Do your vatforms have infinite LOS, or do different weapon units see for different lengths?

All units have infinite LOS, but different weapons engage at different distances.

We're just on Texas, don't think it's numbered. Haven't played in a while, might have to boot it back up and see if I'm still terrible.

Back