G-man speaketh

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

ingosepbb

Does anyone know what the g-man says when he speaks chinese in the 600 mb-video? anyone out there who speaks chinese up for a little bit of translation?

maby its the most obvious .. the same as he says in english !

Originally posted by ingosepbb
Does anyone know what the g-man says when he speaks chinese in the 600 mb-video? anyone out there who speaks chinese up for a little bit of translation?

hey,I'm chinese.
G-man says:
Then, obviously, we are no chance to cooperate.

sorry for my poor english.

haha yep thats wat he ses basically

kan lai women meiyou he zuo de jihui

Originally posted by Speculator
haha yep thats wat he ses basically

kan lai women meiyou he zuo de jihui

lol,are u chinese too?
how are ya?

Hey what a coincidence! Im neither Chinese or American. Wow its a small world eh.

lol...ANYONE know chinese? :borg: :borg: Id think he might be saying something different.

are you thinking of killing the g-man? cuz i am
shotgun in the face will do just fine.

Originally posted by ValVed RaY
are you thinking of killing the g-man? cuz i am
shotgun in the face will do just fine.
actually.. you can't kill G-man. He is the agent from the Matrix. :x

maybe he can dodge bullets but can he dodge a railgun???
nope, i win

if we blow him up he can come back as a uber self copying agent virus thingy!!!

i activated a no clip cheat in HL 1, shot at him and threw grenagdes but e didnt die- he must be the terminator!!!:borg: :borg:

Originally posted by Cyber$nake
lol...ANYONE know chinese? :borg: :borg: Id think he might be saying something different.

wth?? It was already translated:
kan lai women meiyou he zuo de jihui means:

Then, obviously, we have no chance to cooperate.
or
It looks like we have no opportunity to work with each other then.

Not being able to kill GMan is the stuff of gaming legend. Why you can't kill him - I don't know.

Another easter egg. Activate noclip and fly into his briefcase. Do it correctly and you'll find a funny picture of the GMan with red hair :d

Originally posted by Rossell
Another easter egg. Activate noclip and fly into his briefcase. Do it correctly and you'll find a funny picture of the GMan with red hair :d
Actually I thought that was a dossier photo of Freeman. Why would G-Man carry a big photo of himself with red hair?! There is also a handgun inside the briefcase.

I replayed half life to see the gman.

But i couldnt beat the baby. I tryed for like, 20 minutes. How the ****ing hell can you get above him to shoot in his head, the hightest platform is unreachable.

So i cheated, cause i only replayed it so i could finish it and see the gman talk. The voices are the same, they even act the same. Its cool to not join him, then your ****ed.

Actually, now i think, im pretty sure i had a dream last nite where i was gorden at the end when you dont join the gman. I killed like 5 of those guys, before being shot.

Dreaming about a game lol...I hate when that happens. Ill be walkin around blowin the tar outta some monster with my weird magical imaginary gun...then I'll die...and it's like I can feel myself falling...its a horrible feeling. Then I wake up all scared and shit :(. Maybe I need some sort of professional help....either that of a life ;).

Ill usually always wake up. This is because i developed the ability to figure out if its a dream or not. Every now and then in real life, think to yourself, wait, is this a dream or real. Then eventually when your dreaming youll start to ask yourself it. Then you can either wake up, or go with the dream. Ive dont it a couple of times with ww2 dreams. Scary shit sometimes, but fullfilling to repel an invasion in the beach as a mger.

Not being able to kill GMan is the stuff of gaming legend. Why you can't kill him - I don't know.

Maybe the G-Man does not exist?

Maybe the game makers set him like that so he wouldnt die and ruin the ending.

Nah, thats just crazy talk.

You can't kill the G-Man because he has no death sequence and therefore was not coded to take damage. The death sequence was never scripted as you are not supposed to be able to reach him.

Sorry to piss on your parade...ahh that felt good.

But what about his briefcase? Was there meant to be a scene where he opens it to show you the contents?

Nope, the briefcase is just a little Easter egg the guys at valve threw in. There are several photographs in HL as well (like the one of the baby in Gordon's locker). I'm sure many of these are of the programers' families.

Hmm, I suppose so. Wasn't there something about the books in Gordon's locker as well?

Originally posted by Speculator
wth?? It was already translated:
kan lai women meiyou he zuo de jihui means:

Then, obviously, we have no chance to cooperate.
or
It looks like we have no opportunity to work with each other then.

Yep, I can confirm that.
Trust me, I'm a pure Chinese.:cheers:

It's not just that you can't kill him, he's made out of metal??!!?!?

the simple fact is you cant kill him cause hes scripted not to be killed or it would create a paradox with the end. the in-game reason is nothing, because there is no opportunity anywhere that you can shoot a gun at him without having something in the way. unless you cheat. even when you meet him at the end he says he took the pleasure in ganking your weapons or whatever. but since you cant kill him when you cheat, the only viable in game reason he cant be killed is that hes such an important character that valve just made him of metal or whatnot.

Nahhh, there is a change to shoot him. Somewhere around We've Got Hostiles, there is this big room filled w/ crates and he is on this catwalk in front of you. I've taken pot shots at him and they all sort of deflect.

Also early on in the game when you are fighting those houndeyes the gman is standing up there. Ussually people will kill the houndeyes and look up again to find him gone. Truth is he just sorta walks away and disappears.

na won't be able to kill him, jus as u enter the area he is in, he S**TS it and walks off....lol

man the gman aint suppose to die.

they want him to jus walk past the screen as u enter the area, be in a locked room, with bullet proof window, and u on the other side, ONLY able to look at him.

the valve ppl want you to like think. hmm who is he? Why does he keep leaving when i arrive. it makes it funny, and jus entertaining.

at first i thought it was gorden as a scientist. but then it jus turned out to be a character so legendary cause the ones you hardly see and normaly not say alot are legends ;)

Originally posted by Calm_Blue_Ocean
You can't kill the G-Man because he has no death sequence and therefore was not coded to take damage. The death sequence was never scripted as you are not supposed to be able to reach him.

Sorry to piss on your parade...ahh that felt good.

I think he was scripted to not take damage, not -not scripted to take damage :p

anywho, I just thought of something..

What if I enter some network game, where you can choose your skin, like sven-co-op, and change it to the gman's skin? will they ( the monsters....) be able to kill me or not?
And if they do, will there be a death animation or will my model just keep standing?
Never checked it.

dude...remember u can be gman on mp. so yes there will be a gman model for mp pro for the second one, so there has to be a death anim.

also yes the gman prob has like no damage, immortality, but jus as u r about to shoot, he leaves anyways.

Why on earth was this thread brought up from the deep dark bowls of the forum?

For a better translation of what he says: "Well it looks like we won't be working together" - I'm not Chinese, but based on you're literal translation, the above is what it's supposed to mean as that's a quote from HL1 if you decide to tell G-man to **** himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back