Gabe Newell concerned with well-being of employees

You know, every time I hear Gabe talk, read what he has written, he always strikes me as a very intelligent person. His words are simply a pleasure to listen to/read, for me anyway.

Hi I'm Krynn and I disagree with ALL OPINIONS. kthxbye.

Second that, it's like he lives in a universe where no one but him can be right. ... Or even ask simple questions for that matter.

My name is Kryny. I don't think Gabe Newell looks like Robin Williams. I don't find Gabe Newell's pictures very funny. Also, I am the only person in the universe that can be right.

The roast of Krynn begins.

It's funny because all it took was one person to talk before the rest joins.

Go crowd psychology!

Hi, I'm Krynn, and I approve this message.

Is this going to be like one of those hl2.net "incidents" or whatever? I'm scared and excited at the same time.

Gabe is such a big, kind man.

this thread is entertaining.
Indeed, it is.

I didn't say it was "shitty". I was being realistic, and pointing out the obvious flaw(s) in comparing your labouring job to 1. Gabe the CEO of a multi-million dollar company and 2. Employees of that company who must have imagination, creativity, intelligence, and so on. I'm sorry, but your anecdote is useless and completely unapplicable to the situation.

And you just can't put pressure on creativity and expect it out faster or better. Doesn't mean labour work excludes fitness or hard effort, of course. My work should be ideal as well, but with my recent 40-sleepless hour streak making me stressed to tears about what things I'll design and mix when I wake up, I feel like anything as simple and boring as picking up a box and moving it an inch to the left a million times a day is absolute heaven. Just simplicity, start and stop hours, non-distracting environment and nothing that'll worry you in your sleep. I've yet to be in such a tedious position so I'm not saying it's easier or better, but boy I never want to try pursuing any of my creative side as a career ever again for the rest of my life.

More to the point, wouldn't you think Valve's employees have kind of earned it a little? (not directed at you, Mr. Samon)

Second that, it's like he lives in a universe where no one but him can be right. ... Or even ask simple questions for that matter.

Samon and Sheepo can be right sometimes. Thats about it though.

Back