game freezing at early random load point

stealth1525

Reaction score
i bought anthology a while ago off of steam, so i have hl1, blue shift and opposing force.

The games were working fine for a while until i beat the mother of all headhumpers. now its freezing at load points, but only on blue shift and hl1. OF hasn't been affected.

i found a mod recenly that adds a new gun to the hl game, and loads like opposing force, and it does not freeze, is there a way to force blue shift and half life 1 to load like opposing force?

I think that if you change type "singleplayer_only" to type "multiplayer_only" in half-life\valve\liblist.gam and half-life blue shift\bshift\liblist.gam they should load like maps in Opposing Force.

thanks, but how do i open .GAM files?

Edit: nevermind, i opened it in wordpad

Edit:Edit: it works! +2 internets for tschumann!

what?

looks like he got it working

now i beat blue shift, but heres the kicker, i never found the m16..... where was that located and how did i miss it :(

oh, its a skin, haha

tschumann's suggestion --> "I think that if you change type "singleplayer_only" to type "multiplayer_only" in half-life\valve\liblist.gam and half-life blue shift\bshift\liblist.gam they should load like maps in Opposing Force."

worked for me PERFECTLY! But now...

1. Half-Life (the non-source version) has yet to create a liblist.gam file and I have played it for a few minutes and saved a few times. Maybe this isn't the real issue. Maybe it's my next point:

2. When I DO change the liblist.gam file for Blue Shift located at half-life blue shift\bshift\liblist.gam to read: type "multiplayer_only" once I restart the game to try and get past this freeze point, I find that the liblist.gam file has been changed back so it again reads type "singleplayer_only".

My question is : WHAT is causing this liblist.gam file to rewrite it back to the default setting? I had it working before and the game was running fine. Now it's not. Is there another file in the folders I need to alter or delete so when the game restarts it KEEPS the command line prompt of type "multiplayer_only" in the liblist.gam file for Blue Shift???

Back