Game Informer Portal 2 Scan Discussion

anyone know anything about the valve rpg idea?

My idea was that they are waiting till Ep3 is released then they'll work on it. My guess is that it will take place at around the same time as Portal 2 and have a totally different main character.

Even if decades have passed, I'm sure the Earth is still as dangerous as ever and with resources scarce it makes the human victory over the combine a bitter-sweet affair.

There are a lot of ideas left unexplored, and I think the only way to explore them would be to put them in a free roaming RPG. I personally want to see those will-o-wisp-esque entities that apparently tear you apart.

The fact that AS hasn't been discovered, or at least explored, in the last few hundred suggests that there isn't a function society on earth, if humanity has survived at all.

Hmmm.... that's a really good point. I wonder what that means for humans in the HL universe. :|

To be honest I'm not sure why Portal 2 is in the Singleplayer Games section. Theres co-op right?

Edit: I guess you could consider it a singleplayer game sorta but still.

Hmmm.... that's a really good point. I wonder what that means for humans in the HL universe. :|

The United States is where the Resonance Cascade originated and also where Aperture Science is located. It is likely that the concentration of wildlife from Xen is so heavy that it would be impossible to reclaim any of the land, definitely impossible with the barrier of limited resources as a result of the war with the Combine, and even with enough manpower it may take several decades or several hundred years to succeed.

It is also possible that the losses suffered not only from the war with the Combine but also from the initial Xen intrusion would make it unnecessary to reclaim all of the land lost, with the human population being diminished so greatly.

And I'm fairly certain that the facility we're being held in has the capabilities to keep out any unwanted intruders.

Perhaps humanity escaped to another planet via portal technology discovered on the Borealis?

My idea was that they are waiting till Ep3 is released then they'll work on it. My guess is that it will take place at around the same time as Portal 2 and have a totally different main character.

Even if decades have passed, I'm sure the Earth is still as dangerous as ever and with resources scarce it makes the human victory over the combine a bitter-sweet affair.

There are a lot of ideas left unexplored, and I think the only way to explore them would be to put them in a free roaming RPG. I personally want to see those will-o-wisp-esque entities that apparently tear you apart.

If there is a Half-Life RPG, it should be S.T.A.L.K.E.R.-esque IMO.

stalker isn't a rpg - I'm pretty sure Valve wants to make a hack and slash/diablo-ish game.

stalker isn't a rpg.
What'ch you talkin' 'bout Willis? It's got an inventory screen, player chosen dialogue, selective missions, story-driven gameplay, customizable equipment - all that junk. Really, the only huge difference between a game like S.T.A.L.K.E.R. and a game like Diablo is the gameplay style, which IMO can be different from what is traditionally regarded as RPG gameplay without actually not being an RPG. If anything, its easier to role-play in a first person game like S.T.A.L.K.E.R. because you're more intimately involved with your character.

What'ch you talkin' 'bout Willis? It's got an inventory screen, player chosen dialogue, selective missions, story-driven gameplay, customizable equipment - all that junk.

But you have to shoot with your mouse. Combat is driven by gamer's manual skills, not by character's skills. This makes Stalker a shooter with some mixed rpg elements. Not a real rpg, in my opinion.

About Valve's rpg, they have a tradition for shooters and multiplayer games, I doubt Valve has the know-how to make a proper rpg. My personal opinion.

A shooter RPG is still an RPG.

You get better weapons which makes shooting easier.

Anyone notice that they seem to have implemented some nice new shadowing into the engine?

Sorry for the bump but PC Gamer has an article on the Co-Op. I know we're not allowed to post scans here, but is it alright to post a link to a thread (from Facepunch) that contains the scans???

No sorry but you can make a new thread summarising what the scans say & PM people which request them. Me 1st!

Then i shall do just that! I take it you want a PM of the scans. Hectic?

Yes please just to make sure your thread isn't full of slander and blatant lies in an attempt to get me to buy a Valve game. I shall have none of that silly business.

Back